Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
open calcaneal fracture when I was 23

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dayum! That looks nasty......

34 yrs later.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Still looks like it might hurt off and on.....

it does have arthritis.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a tonsillectomy about 67 year’s ago? I don’t know much about it, I was only 3 at the time.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing yet thankfully.

Yup.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Vasectomy isn't a surgery. It's like a deep skin biopsy.

I'm 3 orthopedic and one abdominal surgery in, I imagine there will be more.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Let’s see.

First surgery at age 3 when I lost a disagreement with a wringer washer. 63 stitches around my left elbow.

Age 5 had eye surgery to correct Strabismus.

Wisdom teeth out under full anesthetic at 20

Broken ankle at 25 (still have the titanium screws in it 35 years later).

Vasectomy at 28 - local anesthetic..

Deviated septum at 30.

Had a ganglion removed from my trigger finger at 35. Another local.

Splenectomy for a blood disorder at 36. Started out laparascopic but got a 10 inch zipper when one of the clamps failed and I almost bled out.

Another deviated septum surgery at 50.

Another Strabismus surgery at 55.

I figure I’m good for a few more before I kick off.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
They took my foreskin at the age of five.

Not been under the knife since.

5?

WTF?

Oh, yeah. Forgot to add circumcision. Couldn’t walk for a year.

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
3rd degree burns at age 5 - several skin grafts then and a few more in the following years
car wreck at age 25 - plastic surgery to smooth the scars and skin graft so i can close my eye
sinus surgery at age 46
got snipped and became a steer at age 48

G23

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Orchiopexy to repair Tortion, eek
Double hernia,and a Lithotripsy to blast out some kidney stones.

Tortion is not fun........edit to add,I had it 2x,and after the second time is when they fixed it.

Last edited by rong; 08/01/20.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
They took 2 toes off of my left foot. Bad sugar runs in the family, always has. Same foot, bad gout.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Helluva appendix story, pahick!! My only surgery, aside from my wisdom teeth extraction at 18, was a colonoscopy a few years ago. I guess I'm doing good at 59 if that's all I've had.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greenstick fractured forearm at 10. They had to break It to fix it.
Tonsils at 14.
Wisdom teeth at 18. Only had two?

Doctor that took tonsils sliced a chunk out of my adenoids, had to have the rest
removed a few years ago.

Endoscope my gut about 3 years ago.

Not much really.
Now as to stitches, casts, slings...things cut off, burnt off, frozen off, that didn't require
taking a nap? That's a long list.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
They took my foreskin at the age of five.

Not been under the knife since.

5?

WTF?

Late bloomer?

I dont know.

Never asked.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
What was your first surgery? Thoughts at the time? Recovery?

I just had my first last Monday. Emergency Appendectomy. Was moving stuff about for a family member Sunday morning and felt a "tugg" and figured nothing of it. Groin pull maybe. Got home and an hour later was vomiting violently. Layed on the couch a bit trying to think what it could be, not thinking more than groin pull, some other muscle, or hernia. Called family and they all said go to ER, most likely appendix. Well, I always hated the idea of surgery. said stupid schit like "they aint guttin me like a deer!" But I promised them id go to the ER.

Monday came and I still hadnt gone to the ER. The pain had subsided some. I broke both bones in my right arm before, and 2 in my right hand, at the same time...but this felt worse. MUCH worse even after the pain eased some. My dad called me and asked how I was doing. Told him the pain went down but its still there. He ripped my ass out and said GTF to the ER NOW! SO, I got my schit on and went. Got to ER and they had me do a CT scan. Doc came back and said you need it out pronto! Said they had 3 appendectomies ahead of me but they were fast tracking me to the front of the line. Nothing had burst, but he was afraid it would as they were bagging it. The surgeon came down, acting like it was no big deal. Anesthesiologist came over and he was making jokes, which I didnt think was funny. Stated the risks, and thats when I started getting not only anxious, but ...scared. I went from well if it has to be done lets get r done to wtf if I dont wake up?? Wtf if it does burst and I gotta be in here a week or so??

The nurse came over just as the surgeon came back. Nurse whispered calm down hun, itll be fine. Surgeon said lets all pray. And they did. Off we went. When we got to the OR the nurse said she needed to give me a shot of heparin. The anesthesiologist said he should be out by now looked at my drip and said "oopps" bent over me and unscrewed something in my drip line and I dont remember schit!

Was out an hour or so. Around 9pm. Everything went fine, but I was still groggy. I wanted to go home. The nurse said someone had to come get me. So I tried, for hours, to get hold of family. The sob's turned their phones off and went to sleep, thinking theyd just pick me up in the morning! lol. So I told the nurse my sister lives right across the street and id walk there. She came back 5 minutes later and said if I promise not to drive and walked across the street she would release me. Hell yeah! So she helped get me dressed and at 330 am I walked out the front door, looked around and said F it! Got in my truck and drove myself home. I couldnt stand being in the hospital overnight!! I hate it! Dyin people everywhere!

First couple days was rough. It was laparoscopic, but still hurt like a bitch. I cant take percocet. They offered vicodin but I had to wait until morning and I wasnt about to stay the night! So ibuprofen it was. Every 6 hours I took 600mg. Meh, it helped somewhat. Yesterday was first shower and the bandaids fell off. Just got these butterfly things stuck to the holes yet. Still hurts when I cough, have to hold my cut at the belly button real tight when I do. The other 2 holes are nothing at this point. Got to sleep in my bed this morning instead of the couch. Heard of people going back to work in a few days, but since I lift a lot of heavy schit, doc said hes keeping me off 3 weeks.

Not sayin id do it again, matter of fact I wouldnt want to, unless an emergency. But it honestly wasnt as bad as I thought. Thank the Lord though, because if id have waited longer I would have made a huge mistake. Life is slow, but good! Feeling pretty decent right now.

You complain a lot. I wish an a laposcopic appendix removal was the worst surgery I ever had. I wish my recovery was only 3 weeks, with no last I g effects. Trade you?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
1986, left knee, orthoscopic, quick recovery, two weeks max, fu-king myself up right off the bat with this crazy new job! grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by pahick
What was your first surgery? Thoughts at the time? Recovery?

I just had my first last Monday. Emergency Appendectomy. Was moving stuff about for a family member Sunday morning and felt a "tugg" and figured nothing of it. Groin pull maybe. Got home and an hour later was vomiting violently. Layed on the couch a bit trying to think what it could be, not thinking more than groin pull, some other muscle, or hernia. Called family and they all said go to ER, most likely appendix. Well, I always hated the idea of surgery. said stupid schit like "they aint guttin me like a deer!" But I promised them id go to the ER.

Monday came and I still hadnt gone to the ER. The pain had subsided some. I broke both bones in my right arm before, and 2 in my right hand, at the same time...but this felt worse. MUCH worse even after the pain eased some. My dad called me and asked how I was doing. Told him the pain went down but its still there. He ripped my ass out and said GTF to the ER NOW! SO, I got my schit on and went. Got to ER and they had me do a CT scan. Doc came back and said you need it out pronto! Said they had 3 appendectomies ahead of me but they were fast tracking me to the front of the line. Nothing had burst, but he was afraid it would as they were bagging it. The surgeon came down, acting like it was no big deal. Anesthesiologist came over and he was making jokes, which I didnt think was funny. Stated the risks, and thats when I started getting not only anxious, but ...scared. I went from well if it has to be done lets get r done to wtf if I dont wake up?? Wtf if it does burst and I gotta be in here a week or so??

The nurse came over just as the surgeon came back. Nurse whispered calm down hun, itll be fine. Surgeon said lets all pray. And they did. Off we went. When we got to the OR the nurse said she needed to give me a shot of heparin. The anesthesiologist said he should be out by now looked at my drip and said "oopps" bent over me and unscrewed something in my drip line and I dont remember schit!

Was out an hour or so. Around 9pm. Everything went fine, but I was still groggy. I wanted to go home. The nurse said someone had to come get me. So I tried, for hours, to get hold of family. The sob's turned their phones off and went to sleep, thinking theyd just pick me up in the morning! lol. So I told the nurse my sister lives right across the street and id walk there. She came back 5 minutes later and said if I promise not to drive and walked across the street she would release me. Hell yeah! So she helped get me dressed and at 330 am I walked out the front door, looked around and said F it! Got in my truck and drove myself home. I couldnt stand being in the hospital overnight!! I hate it! Dyin people everywhere!

First couple days was rough. It was laparoscopic, but still hurt like a bitch. I cant take percocet. They offered vicodin but I had to wait until morning and I wasnt about to stay the night! So ibuprofen it was. Every 6 hours I took 600mg. Meh, it helped somewhat. Yesterday was first shower and the bandaids fell off. Just got these butterfly things stuck to the holes yet. Still hurts when I cough, have to hold my cut at the belly button real tight when I do. The other 2 holes are nothing at this point. Got to sleep in my bed this morning instead of the couch. Heard of people going back to work in a few days, but since I lift a lot of heavy schit, doc said hes keeping me off 3 weeks.

Not sayin id do it again, matter of fact I wouldnt want to, unless an emergency. But it honestly wasnt as bad as I thought. Thank the Lord though, because if id have waited longer I would have made a huge mistake. Life is slow, but good! Feeling pretty decent right now.

You complain a lot. I wish an a laposcopic appendix removal was the worst surgery I ever had. I wish my recovery was only 3 weeks, with no last I g effects. Trade you?

Well.....??

Did you lose your typing fingers in a horrible smelting accident?

Give us the Cliff’s notes synopsis.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506

Youre Canadian. All your doctor come here. Make big money. You should be complaining while you wait 6 months for Singh Singh to get promoted from Veterinarian to MD.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
First was hemorrhoid surgery. First bowel movement was a true eye opener.
Second surgery was nasal surgery. First sneeze produced lots of blood.

You might say that the surgeons worked it out at both ends.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I was 12 years old. I woke up one Monday morning with a brief, sharp pain across my abdomen, about navel level...just a quick flash. A moment later, a dull, ache lower left abdomen. My mother came in to make sure I was awake (school day) and I told her, "I think I need my appendix out." Oddly enough, she didn't question anything, went and got my father. He came up, I described what was going on. They got my brothers off to school, then took me to the hospital. I remember seeing the clock reading 10:30 as the sodium pentathol made the room start spinning around. I woke up about 4:00 pm. Went home Thursday, off in the woods Friday, back to school Monday.

I felt like I'd gone through a rite of passage. A lot of my friends had had appendectomies or their tonsils out. One of my buddies had his appendix out, he was out of school six weeks.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,653
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.