Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

Midweek Inspiration:
"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."
Psalm 90:12

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

WEEKLY FOCUS:
For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 5:6

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK:
When I think of the love You showed by dying for me before I even knew You, Lord I am amazed.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

Midweek Inspiration:
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
Romans 11:33

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
......... and his ways past finding out!

Amen!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

WEEKLY FOCUS
Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
Job 5:17

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Thank You God that You care about me enough to correct me when I go astray.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

Midweek Inspiration

For wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with it.
Proverbs 8:11

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Good day...

WEEKLY FOCUS
Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
Job 5:17

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Thank You God that You care about me enough to correct me when I go astray.

How does one recognize discipline?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you are a child of God, God chastens and scourges every son that he receiveth. It has to do with reproof,rebuke and exhortation. If you be without chastisement whereof all are partakers, then are you no more sons, but bastards.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That doesn't help. Is chastisement when things go wrong? Is failure on the job? Is it a sick child? Is it an unexpected bill? Is it a broken arm?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you read Hebrews 12:5-14 in the King James it says it is like your earthly father does it.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Discipline, or chastisement is progressive in nature. You, if you are saved, ought to recognize the chastening hand of God, It starts out by an exhortation to do right, then a scolding (reproof) then a rebuke. God, like an earthly father wants his kids doing right, and he is not an abuser.

I received lots of discipline as a child growing up at home. Welts on my backside were the worst I got. It taught me to recognize the chastening hand of God. My brother was treated in similar fashion, a personal way. I don't think God beats up your children for offences you commit.

If you are still confused, look up up chastisement, reproof, exhort, rebuke, in a decent English dictionary. (Webster's 1828 is a good one.)

Last edited by the_shootist; 07/12/20.

Brother Keith

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sorry for jumping on your thread, my friend Bootsfishing.

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
No problem...it's all good....anyone can express what they want...free world freedom of speech, at least here on this thread.....at least for now.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

Midweek Inspiration:
The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him.
Habakkuk 2:20

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

WEEKLY FOCUS
Commit your way to the Lord ; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
Psalms 37:5 - 6

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Lord I want to commit all my ways to You so that Your righteousness shines through me.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Amen, my Brother.

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

Good day...

Midweek Inspiration:
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Philippians 2:5

Good day...

WEEKLY FOCUS
He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Psalms 107:20

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Please Lord, speak. Send forth Your word as our world is in need of physical and spiritual healing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen to the Prayer Sir. smile

Jim

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
ditto, Jim.

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

Midweek Inspiration
Give thanks to the Lord , for he is good; his love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good day...

WEEKLY FOCUS
Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
Psalms 24:8

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
I take comfort Lord that I serve a God whose glory might and power is limitless.

Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (160user, 44mc, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 14 invisible), 12,134 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,028
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.