Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was just watching Pillow Talk tonight on Turner Classics. Tony Randall and Rock Hudson competing over a gorgeous stacked doll, Doris Day.
Rock Hudson won out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is because it is all in the DNA. We have never gotten very far past what we were 20,000 years ago. It was the Ice Age in England, and Germany, and France.
About like living in the Yukon Territory today.
Life was brutal. Short growing season, about 6 weeks. People who survived could hunt big game. They had to kill mammoths or the big bison that roamed Europe.
A man who was not a good hunter would not survive.

It was brutal in January back in those days, with lows of 40 below. You needed to get into a cave. The caves were inhabited by giant cave bears, even bigger than a grizzly is today.
To survive, a man needed to go into the cave and kill the bear, then he could move his family in there. Also, he could start a fire and they could eat bear meat.

For a woman, she needed to find a man who was big and strong. He needed to be a good hunter. Once she had her baby, she needed a man who was a good fighter.
Because a lonely hunter type might come by, and see the gal, and decide to kill her man, and take the cave over. And then he would kill her baby. He didn't want to raise the child of another man. He would give her another baby. Life was brutal in Ice Age Europe, and our ancestors lived like this for 40 or 50,000 years. Hundreds and thousands of generations. Decade after decade, the woman who had a baby by the big strong man, survived, and her baby survived.
The woman who mated with a little guy who was not a good fighter, her baby died. And her DNA ran out.

In this movie, Tony Randall is a good looking guy, successful, had lots of money. He was about 5-10.
Rock Hudson was also successful and he was about 6-5. Doris Day threw Tony aside, and she fell for Rock Hudson.
Because, day in and day out, the big tall man can defeat the short man in combat.

The woman in the movies today prefers the big strong man, because it is in their DNA.

Another thing about the females, hearkening back to their past, from 20,000 years ago. In Ice Age Europe, survival meant lighting a fire. At 40 below, the man who could light the fire would live through the long night and so would his woman. And the baby.
When I was a swinging batchelor, for about 5 years I had a house that had a wood burning fireplace. And I noticed that, when I brought a gal over there in cold weather, even if it was the first date, if she watched me light that wood fire, I had it made. One hundred percent success in getting that gal in to bed.

There have been studies done on this. If the gal sees the guy flip a switch, and the gas logs come on, Nada. Nothing. But if she sees him light a wood fire, it is time to get back into the bedroom. She can't help it, it is in her DNA.

GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well Simon...We all know what youre saying BUT.....I dont think the Rock would have been interested in giving Doris a baby, Tony would have had the better chance after Rock fell for Doris' brother.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Damn, this gas fireplace ain't gonna cut it any more. I need a wood burner.

Hey, what if I light the gas with a match?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you know how aids got from San Francisco to Los Angles?

in the back of an old HUDSON

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was just watching Pillow Talk tonight on Turner Classics. Tony Randall and Rock Hudson competing over a gorgeous stacked doll, Doris Day.
Rock Hudson won out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is because it is all in the DNA. We have never gotten very far past what we were 20,000 years ago. It was the Ice Age in England, and Germany, and France.
About like living in the Yukon Territory today.
Life was brutal. Short growing season, about 6 weeks. People who survived could hunt big game. They had to kill mammoths or the big bison that roamed Europe.
A man who was not a good hunter would not survive.

It was brutal in January back in those days, with lows of 40 below. You needed to get into a cave. The caves were inhabited by giant cave bears, even bigger than a grizzly is today.
To survive, a man needed to go into the cave and kill the bear, then he could move his family in there. Also, he could start a fire and they could eat bear meat.

For a woman, she needed to find a man who was big and strong. He needed to be a good hunter. Once she had her baby, she needed a man who was a good fighter.
Because a lonely hunter type might come by, and see the gal, and decide to kill her man, and take the cave over. And then he would kill her baby. He didn't want to raise the child of another man. He would give her another baby. Life was brutal in Ice Age Europe, and our ancestors lived like this for 40 or 50,000 years. Hundreds and thousands of generations. Decade after decade, the woman who had a baby by the big strong man, survived, and her baby survived.
The woman who mated with a little guy who was not a good fighter, her baby died. And her DNA ran out.

In this movie, Tony Randall is a good looking guy, successful, had lots of money. He was about 5-10.
Rock Hudson was also successful and he was about 6-5. Doris Day threw Tony aside, and she fell for Rock Hudson.
Because, day in and day out, the big tall man can defeat the short man in combat.

The woman in the movies today prefers the big strong man, because it is in their DNA.

Another thing about the females, hearkening back to their past, from 20,000 years ago. In Ice Age Europe, survival meant lighting a fire. At 40 below, the man who could light the fire would live through the long night and so would his woman. And the baby.
When I was a swinging batchelor, for about 5 years I had a house that had a wood burning fireplace. And I noticed that, when I brought a gal over there in cold weather, even if it was the first date, if she watched me light that wood fire, I had it made. One hundred percent success in getting that gal in to bed.

There have been studies done on this. If the gal sees the guy flip a switch, and the gas logs come on, Nada. Nothing. But if she sees him light a wood fire, it is time to get back into the bedroom. She can't help it, it is in her DNA.

You’re short, aren’t you ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deerstalker

A few bragged openly about “getting a piece of the Rock”.

He and Stallone made a movie. Rambutt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

A few bragged openly about “getting a piece of the Rock”.

He and Stallone made a movie. Rambutt.

made me spit water all over my laptop!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How ya feeling, Ole Boy?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On 2nd thought the Rock more likely got Tony not Doris. They probably cut that scene out.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How ya feeling, Ole Boy?

poisoned.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
You know why they buried Rock Hudson face down?

So his friends could drop in for a cold one.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

Good one

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought both hudson and tony randal were out of the closet flaming flamingos.

One of em took my class. . Next time ill throw em out!
Not because his ugly wife couldve passed for a dude....up until she had a baby. I just don't want Mango s around me or my other students. They carry diseases, act like a fool and are very immoral in my experiences with business dealings.
But I have noticed that a lot of gals are attracted to tall guys and flamingos. I don't think that the hight has much to do with their fighting abilities though.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/02/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If all of that were true there wouldn't be any puny little short guys today. Those traits would have been bred out long ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If all of that were true there wouldn't be any puny little short guys today. Those traits would have been bred out long ago.

Seems true.

Most of the world is on average short.. until genetic variability occurs like intermating in North America.
In ancient history we have records of giants who were beyond NBA freaks.. .up to around 9-10'.

There were pockets of giants.
Many kings kept their subjects nutrient deficient and very small too.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/02/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How ya feeling, Ole Boy?

poisoned.

Hang tuff, Man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How ya feeling, Ole Boy?

poisoned.

Hang tuff, Man.

thats about it, just hanging grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Ah but it is true, the puny short guys stayed back at the cave doing what they were told to do by the cave man's woman. They were perpetually short on testosterone so the caveman didn't have to worry much about whose kids they were. Among other duties they decided who got how much meat the caveman provided and swept the truth under the bearskin rug. Today we call them liberal democrats. So you see Blackheart a turd by any other name is still a turd and they are still here. Are you straighten out now? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.