Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
From my observations locally, pit owners look as likely to bite as their dogs.

Prayers sent for the young victim.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have had dogs all my life and recently our beagle passed away so we started looking around and it seemed everywhere we looked there was an abundance of pitbulls. The rescue shelters had allot of them, the pounds had allot and there were many advertised on craiglist. I would not have one myself for reasons you folks have mentioned. It is striking so many are around though. Buyer's remorse? By the way we now have a new beagle.

I'm so sorry this happened to this young lady. I hope she recovers way beyond what they think she will.

The rescue shelters and county animal shelters also seem to always have an abundance of pit bull mixed breeds for adoption all the time. Some even try to down play down the pit bull mix breeding by calling it another less threatening sounding name.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have had dogs all my life and recently our beagle passed away so we started looking around and it seemed everywhere we looked there was an abundance of pitbulls. The rescue shelters had allot of them, the pounds had allot and there were many advertised on craiglist. I would not have one myself for reasons you folks have mentioned. It is striking so many are around though. Buyer's remorse? By the way we now have a new beagle.

I'm so sorry this happened to this young lady. I hope she recovers way beyond what they think she will.

That's the potential answer to getting rid of the breed right there ,if the shelter didn't charge so much to adopt them a guy could get one every saturday take them out of town and off them on the spot. Gross irresponsibility that they try to adopt them out in the first place.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've said it before - the breed is schizophrenic. It's a brain defect bred into them. They can be the greatest pets in the world but something can trigger a complete change from pet to killer in an instant. Owners always say what great pets they are but theirs just hasn't switched yet.

Just wondering out loud, how many years does it take to cater a breed of dog to a specific task?

Hunters and dog breeders have done this since domestication began

several generations of pit bulls being the groid dog of choice,

groid dog
groid behavior

Pretty interesting read.

https://www.americanscientist.org/article/how-to-tame-a-fox-and-build-a-dog

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our shelter is the same way

Most of the dogs are “pit bull/mix” or straight up pits

Why do we the public want to redistribute these animals right back out to unknowing or in-denial nitwits.

A person I knew of (co-worker’ mom) was a bleeding heart sucker for these things. She ran a somewhat of a “halfway house” of all places in a crowded subdivision. Had 1/2 dozen of them at any given time. Problem dogs on a rotation, she “try” them out in a new homing environment.

Bad recipe, I figured one day he’d tell his me mother got chewed up.

Older German lady, strange outfit

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Here is pic of the androgynous punk lesbo irresponsible dog owner. And two of
the beloved beasts.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

There is no reason whatsoever that those-or any dog-should be allowed off lead in a populated area. People get hurt, dogs get hurt...etc.

Said it here many times before...I never worked with a pit bull that wasn't a just plain sweet dog. That said, I never got into any enclosed area with one ( yard, house etc..) that I wasn't prepared to kill.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The laws in most states require pit owners to wear flat bill caps.

and lots of gold jewelry

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Here is pic of the androgynous punk lesbo irresponsible dog owner. And two of
the beloved beasts.

Wigger.

Should have been euthanized along with the dogs.

Prayers for the young lady.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
No matter what happens to the dyke, that girl isn't going to have the life she would have had before.

The girl probably won't even get part her medical bills paid for.

pit bull owner snever have a pot to piss in let alone insurance.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Dog and owner were probably graduates of the Pitbull and Parolees program.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
yeah, something happened over the last 30-40 yrs, when I was young you seldom heard of attacks like this and people had them back then. I remember my friend's dad raised them, Walter and I were doing some stuff on my Camaro when we saw his dad come out of the house with a shotgun and walked over to sam his male pit and blow his head off, Walter asked him why and he said sam had growled at him earlier.

People used to have enough sense to kill a dog when it showed the first sign....which can help stop more serious problems before they happen with that dog or it's offspring or it's offspring's offspring.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
yeah, something happened over the last 30-40 yrs, when I was young you seldom heard of attacks like this and people had them back then. I remember my friend's dad raised them, Walter and I were doing some stuff on my Camaro when we saw his dad come out of the house with a shotgun and walked over to sam his male pit and blow his head off, Walter asked him why and he said sam had growled at him earlier.

People used to have enough sense to kill a dog when it showed the first sign....which can help stop more serious problems before they happen with that dog or it's offspring or it's offspring's offspring.

Agree they've let the bad seeds like Rock Chuck mentioned live and breed , plus morons doing what they can to make the dogs mean .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I have posted this before, Pit Bull Rescue is very popular these days by the Millenial crowd.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is something psychologically wrong with Pit Bulls AND PIT BULL OWNERS/DEFENDERS.. It's that simple...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Dog breeds become fads. The current fad is pits but people don't understand the problem with the breed. The defective gene only manifests itself when something triggers the schitzo to switch and it's impossible to know which ones have the gene.

Pit bulls aren't even close to a "fad".

They are only popular with low income, low information, trash, that have no inkling about caring for or training a dog.

Pitbulls are plentiful and cheap, or free, and people that have a clue don't want them. They won't have them around their family or friends, or neighbors.

That's why the dog pounds are chock full of them.

I will add that there a few exceptions. A few good pitbull owners, and few good pitbulls.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Where is Mike Vick when you need him? He would have grabbed that dog by the hind legs, and drowned him in a 5 gallon bucket of water, like he did with his pit bulls that he was unhappy with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pit bulls and rottweilers should be outlawed. Just simply too many cases of the breeds being unpredictable. No reason to risk incidents like this at all.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Several years ago, in a town about 25 miles from my home, a 3 year old got into the pen with the family's pitbull and they found the little boy dead. These people had no business with a child or the dog.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jimy
I don't have the words to describe what should be done........................

4 little words covers it. Kill Every Pit Bull.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
"According to a Barrow County Sheriff’s report, a deputy who responded to a witness' report of the attack arrived on the scene to find the girl lying face down against a curb, with one dog grabbing her neck and the other biting at the girl’s head."

This was in a suburban neighborhood. Obviously, the kids were not back in school. At least one person witnessed the attack and called 911. Probably there were more witnesses.
The girl is laying face down on the street, her face against the curb, and two dogs attacking her head. And nobody came forth to help that little girl? Not a single 16 year old high school boy ran out with a baseball bat, or a 2x4? Not a single housewife came out, with a frying pan or a butcher knife.
Nobody came to help. They waited on law enforcement.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,866
Posts18,478,673
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.