Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ringworm
When I worked, he'd have been body restrained and taken to the ER for evaluation prior to booking.

https://i0.wp.com/triad-city-beat.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Screen-Shot-2018-11-28-at-9.16.14-AM.png?resize=696%2C450&ssl=1

Uhhhh, what do you think the ambulance was for?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
The media reporting is more to blame for the riots and looting........than actions of law enforcement.Remember the 12-year-old pics of Trayvon? The hands up reporting of Brown?
There is no desire for actual truth. Only desire for predetermined outcome.
I know that Zimmerman was a damn idiot. I know that Wilson could have employed a brief tactical disengagement until back-up arrived and the outcome would have likely been different. I suspect if you were to ask Wilson today if he had to do that all over again and this time make another call for back-up and maintain remote contact until they arrived, that he would. Brown had already tried to disarm him once, it was all but guaranteed that he'd do it again. I am a strong advocate for taking actions that can buy more time. More time almost always results in better decisions, especially under stress. Do you think combat units unfailingly move forward immediately toward an enemy?
Ah, retreat in the face of aggression. Is that what they taught you in the CG?
There are a few like him in most departments. Want to be a cop until it's time to deal with somebody dangerous or uncooperative. Like that school cop down in Florida waiting for back-up.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The media reporting is more to blame for the riots and looting........than actions of law enforcement.

Remember the 12-year-old pics of Trayvon? The hands up reporting of Brown?

I know that Zimmerman was a damn idiot. I know that Wilson could have employed a brief tactical disengagement until back-up arrived and the outcome would have likely been different. I suspect if you were to ask Wilson today if he had to do that all over again and this time make another call for back-up and maintain remote contact until they arrived, that he would. Brown had already tried to disarm him once, it was all but guaranteed that he'd do it again. I am a strong advocate for taking actions that can buy more time. More time almost always results in better decisions, especially under stress. Do you think combat units unfailingly move forward immediately toward an enemy?

Didn't work in Waco, dude.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Too many GD felon defenders here Dirt, reminds me of that other obama couple that used to hang out here!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
The media reporting is more to blame for the riots and looting........than actions of law enforcement.Remember the 12-year-old pics of Trayvon? The hands up reporting of Brown?
There are a few like him in most departments. Want to be a cop until it's time to deal with somebody dangerous or uncooperative. Like that school cop down in Florida waiting for back-up.

If you are not familiar with the Tamir Rice incident, read up on it. Tell me that law enforcement delivered the best possible outcome. Tell me that a little more time and/or space couldn't have delivered a better outcome. When I was a kid I had a few contacts with LE when I was carrying a pellet gun or BB pistol. I never got shot.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The media reporting is more to blame for the riots and looting........than actions of law enforcement.

Remember the 12-year-old pics of Trayvon? The hands up reporting of Brown?

Didn't work in Waco, dude.

By all means let's focus on the exception rather than the rule.

If you were being shot at from someone in a position of cover. Would you stand in the open and return fire or would you move for cover?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Too many GD felon defenders here Dirt, reminds me of that other obama couple that used to hang out here!

It takes critical thinking to get this, so you'll probably come up short, but my advocating for strategic retreat or temporary tactical disengagement in certain circumstances is for the benefit of the officers.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Every cop imagines they are "making a difference". The truth is that they likely are. It just isn't the positive difference they tell themselves it is. That's a truth they won't face. Ever. Because at heart they are cowards. The act put on here only makes it more apparent to the rest of us who aren't jaded in the same way.

Walmart greeter?

I've had three jobs that are statistically more dangerous than "cop". And I got hurt. Several times. So I have nothing to prove to a bunch of boomers who will kiss whomever's ass to keep the status quo.

It's pretty obvious around here who has the courage to face reality, and who needs to cower behind platitudes. It is nearly always about some fear-based status quo.

If ANYONE thinks that their ability to follow orders is a source of pride and honor, they are stupid and/or brainwashed.

If ANYONE thinks that cops in their current form are anything but a tyrannical enforcement operation for criminal politicians, they are stupid and/or brainwashed.

If ANYONE imagines that cops have anything to do with freedom, or maintaining the American promise of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, they simply have blinders on.

Why didn't George Washington establish an army? Why didn't he establish a federal law enforcement agency? Why did the US go 100 years before municipal law enforcement agencies existed? How were laws enforced before that?

There are lots of forces at work here. The main one is the media pushing an agenda meant to overthrow the Republic in every way. Cops can't hold it together, no matter how many "criminals" die, because the real criminals act with impunity, and always have. Enforcing laws designed by European Whites for European Whites to maintain a European White society has never worked with any other group and will never work. Africans will never get it. Hispanics by and large don't get it. Asians don't get it. None of those other groups ever embraced individual freedom as a necessity.

If we want to solve the problems that are obvious in the Floyd video, sending cops into areas populated by these non-white groups isn't going to do any good. It never did. All they do is risk harm, kill people, and fill up taxpayer-funded prisons. Blacks are not capable of living according to the laws that have been made for all of us. We have known this for many centuries. We have simply been propagandized otherwise. All men are NOT created equal, and all men are NOT capable of living under the system laid out by our Founding Fathers. They understood the African "problem" quite well.

The blacks need to separate from the whites, and the whites need to be separate from the blacks. Anything else is open warfare.

Rant over.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Are you from Montana?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings

I guess Paul's never heard of "Surprise, speed, and violence of action".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
PaulCovtard wouldn't hurt a fly.

Unless it wouldn't open.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

It takes critical thinking to get this, so you'll probably come up short, but my advocating for strategic retreat or temporary tactical disengagement in certain circumstances is for the benefit of the officers.

Not talking about that crap, I want you to lose that mindset, hope it never happens, but you'll reason [analyze] yourself to death in a gun fight.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is that you Karen?...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not talking about that crap, I want you to lose that mindset, hope it never happens, but you'll reason [analyze] yourself to death in a gun fight.

He who hesitates is lost...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MOGC

He who hesitates is lost...

Yes, had to pound that through my Mothers head, I'd hate to have to shoot one of gods children...................crazy gods children DONT require shooting Mama!!!!!

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

If you are not familiar with the Tamir Rice incident, read up on it. Tell me that law enforcement delivered the best possible outcome. Tell me that a little more time and/or space couldn't have delivered a better outcome. When I was a kid I had a few contacts with LE when I was carrying a pellet gun or BB pistol. I never got shot.

Tamir Rice was straight up murder any way you slice it. The officer was released from another department for mental issues. Worst of the armed shoots in the bunch IMO.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Sorry about the delay in replying sir but I was busy killing army worms today. Tamir Rice pulled a replica 1911 Colt on the officers as soon as they pulled up.Young Mr. Rice appears to weigh close to 200 pounds. I don't see any way the officers could have retreated safely had this been a .45 Colt. They had no idea it was a pellet gun. I never had to shoot anyone in my 30 year career although there were times I legally could have. My training emphasized that a kid could and would kill you. I suspect the officers had no idea of this boy's age, not that it would have made any difference. Maybe those of us that haven't dealt with ghetto trash ought not be to quick on the trigger to second guess those that have to ride that herd. Law enforcement deserves a lot of criticism at times but you have picked out Trayvon Martin in Florida, Michael Brown in Missouri, and Tamir Rice in Ohio as examples. All three of those young men found what they were looking for.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I don't know you from Adam, Paul. But based on your posts I am going to assume your LE experience with the Coast Guard was dealing with coworkers on a boat, or on base. Is that fairly accurate?

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know you from Adam, Paul. But based on your posts I am going to assume your LE experience with the Coast Guard was dealing with coworkers on a boat, or on base. Is that fairly accurate?
I only called the Coast Gaurd for help one time. It was at Cocodrie Louisiana during the BP oil spill. We were trying to get the crew off of a sinking shrimp trawler that was contracted to BP. The boat was going down stern first and we still had a deckhand in the cabin which was awash. USCG had boats and crews tied to the wharf 15 minutes away. They advised us to tell the captain to send a report to New Orleans CG within 3 weeks.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by RemModel8
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

So a handjob is your solution?

A hand job and a rainbow colored lollipop would have easily deescalated the situation and Floyd would be still alive today.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,332
Posts18,487,602
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.