Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You think the riots are bad now?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

I am not at all afraid to take the heat. LE is going to change. It is going to change sooner rather than later. Many of the values I espouse will be more strongly emphasized in training and will receive greater cultural acceptance within the LE community.
[/quote]

Oh I agree. Back to community policing. That being said the community and black leaders have to step up and come on board, stop the race baiting, anti snitch campaigns etc otherwise, community policing will never work. And a lot of departments, even the small rural ones, have became too militarized relying on SWAT teams. Seems every cop wants to be on the SWAT team and not be a cop. I was on SWAT 20 years ago and the mentality sure has changed. And Ive had so many SW's, evidence, possible CI's and witnesses figged up by SWAT teams I ve lost count.

Police Mgt have to acknowledge PTSD and burn out is a big issue with veteran cops and need to address fixing this.

Last edited by ribka; 08/04/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Fubarski
PB has struck me over the past few months that I've actually paid any attention to this website... as a reasonable and intelligent man.

If you were a defendant would you want PaulCovtard on the jury, knowin he's only interested in "how things look" rather than what actually happened?

Fair enough...

I have never met Paul...

I have never met Chauvin...

I never met George...

Hard math and Engineering types... are the only folks that really ever make any sense to me... but mostly that is my fault... I think my compassion chromosome got clobbered with mom's thalidomide meds.

These cases have nothing to do with meeting or knowing people.

It has to do with understanding the Constitution and how it applies to the use of force by police in the United States.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
It's not law enforcement that requires a change of behavior.

Mike, I beg to differ. Tactics and priorities must evolve with society. Remember how we used to fill the jails up with recreational pot smokers? Now in most jurisdictions a small amount of pot won't get you arrested. Hell, it won't even get you a ticket. Cops walk past pot smokers in downtown NOLA all the time.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ribka
PB has struck me over the past few months that I've actually paid any attention to this website... as a reasonable and intelligent man.

If you were a defendant would you want PaulCovtard on the jury, knowin he's only interested in "how things look" rather than what actually happened?

Paul's a decent guy and does have his moments of lucidity .... at times. And I give him credit for taking criticism

I am not at all afraid to take the heat. LE is going to change. It is going to change sooner rather than later. Many of the values I espouse will be more strongly emphasized in training and will receive greater cultural acceptance within the LE community.

On that point I will actually disagree.

The LEO community will be told to stand softer or stand down to future Floyd types...

This will be a force multiplier for crime and criminals... and in the end... that softshoe will harm and kill far more people... mostly innocent victims.

Crime will double to 4x in cities like Minneapolis...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by deflave
Anybody that talks schit about Chauvin being a POS or stupid is woefully ignorant.

The technique they used to keep Gentle George restrained has been used for decades. Not a single person can determine the weight ratio from Chauvin's right knee to his left. It is likely somewhere around 95/5. This is done to keep the subject from turning their head or inducing self-injury.

Floyd lost his schit because he knew he saw the cage (very common with people that have been in jail before) in combination with being high/paranoid.

His death had nothing to do with being restrained.

He's a piece of schidt for showing absolutely NO concern and taking no action when his partner told him Floyd had no pulse. A steaming pile of schidt.

You might not suck a black convict cock, but you'd hold one in your mouth till a f a g came along.

That's about what I'd expect from an intellectually vacant blowhard like you.

Says a guy that spent his career sucking dick at MSO's/MSD's.

I know your suck ass type.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Excessive drug use and a lack of respect for law and order is our future?

No thanks.

I take no responsibility for their cultural decline.
Every government program is there.....no more excuses.

No free reparation money. No free get-out-of-jail card.

Repeat customers get special treatment.

How much child-support did Floyd pay? Or.......how much did 'we' pay for Floyd's child, because Mom didn't put Dad's name on the birth certificate?

Who, again, should change their behavior?

Mike, I beg to differ. Tactics and priorities must evolve with society. Remember how we used to fill the jails up with recreational pot smokers? Now in most jurisdictions a small amount of pot won't get you arrested. Hell, it won't even get you a ticket. Cops walk past pot smokers in downtown NOLA all the time.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by johnn
Anybody that talks schit about Chauvin being a POS or stupid is woefully ignorant.

The technique they used to keep Gentle George restrained has been used for decades. Not a single person can determine the weight ratio from Chauvin's right knee to his left. It is likely somewhere around 95/5. This is done to keep the subject from turning their head or inducing self-injury.

Floyd lost his schit because he knew he saw the cage (very common with people that have been in jail before) in combination with being high/paranoid.

He's a piece of schidt for showing absolutely NO concern and taking no action when his partner told him Floyd had no pulse. A steaming pile of schidt.

You might not suck a black convict cock, but you'd hold one in your mouth till a f a g came along.

Do you actually read the chit you write? Lmao

Cock got you all lathered up again?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

It has to do with understanding the Constitution and how it applies to the use of force by police in the United States.

You do know that Pelosi has rewritten the preamble?

"We the People of our New World Order to form a more happy populus, eliminate justice, insure domestic terror as providence for no common defense or law, promote Welfare, and seize the Blessings of the wealthy for ourselves and for the Posterity of all victims now and forever do ordain and establish this revised Constitution for the United States of America."

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fair enough...

I have never met Paul...

I never met George...

Hard math and Engineering types... are the only folks that really ever make any sense to me... but mostly that is my fault... I think my compassion chromosome got clobbered with mom's thalidomide meds.

I am looking at this from sveral different angles. The human side, the legal side, the tactical side and the cost/benefit side. I find Chauvin's utter disconcern when the life passed out of Floyd's body detestable. I expect better from a peace officer whose duty is to serve an protect.

Then there's the legal side. Does an officer have a legal responsibility for a person when the officer seizes that person? All I'll say about that is that it's not a legal slam dunk. Does anyone here think that if this goes to trial the jury decision will be unanimous one way or another?

FWIW I have been batting .1000 on the legal outcomes of some of these high profile cases. Zimmerman, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling and Eric Garner to name a few. With the exception of the Sterling case, the officers could have made tactical decisions that would have precluded their need to use the force they did when they did. Cops don't like to be second guessed. I say we are cheating ourselves out of an opportunity to learn and grow if we don't look for ways to achieve better outcomes.

When a non-aggressive man ends up dead and riots, mayhem and destruction envelop a country, all over the passing of a small amount of counterfeit , smart people will question what could have been done better or differently. Officer's decision making is going to become more complicated in the future. Temporary tactical disengagement or even momentary retreat will become more routine.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excessive drug use and a lack of respect for law and order is our future?

No thanks.

I take no responsibility for their cultural decline.
Every government program is there.....no more excuses.

No free reparation money. No free get-out-of-jail card.

A repeat customer got special treatment.

How much child-support did Floyd pay? Or.......how much did 'we' pay for Floyd's child, because Mom didn't put Dad's name on the birth certificate?

Who again should change their behavior?

I am not denying that The George Floyd's of this world don't need to change their behavior. It may have been this thread in which I opined that the value of compliance is grossly undersold. Until then our LE community will have to adapt. There will be growing pains.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The media reporting is far more to blame for the riots and looting........than actions of law enforcement.

Remember the 12-year-old pics of Trayvon? The hands-up reporting of Brown? They NEVER get it right....initially.......on purpose.

There is no desire for actual truth. Only desire for predetermined political outcome.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
PaulCovtard is just a leftist concern troll.

The goal of communists like Covtard is for the police to stop law enforcement, as it is a step towards anarchy that the communists dream will allow them to take over the country.

Organized, funded terrorism isn't an argument in support of emasculating the police.

Last edited by Fubarski; 08/04/20. Reason: o
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's about what I'd expect from an intellectually vacant blowhard like you.

Says a guy that spent his career sucking dick at MSO's/MSD's.

I know your suck ass type.

You are one dumb mutherfukker. I never did a tour of duty at an MSO/MSD. WLB, Taclet/Ledet, Station, Station, Support Center, Station. You won't find anyone I served with who would describe me as a suck-up.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Fair enough...

I have never met Paul...

I never met George...

I am looking at this from sveral different angles. The human side, the legal side, the tactical side and the cost/benefit side. I find Chauvin's utter disconcern when the life passed out of Floyd's body detestable. I expect better from a peace officer whose duty is to serve an protect.

Then there's the legal side. Does an officer have a legal responsibility for a person when the officer seizes that person? All I'll say about that is that it's not a legal slam dunk. Does anyone here think that if this goes to trial the jury decision will be unanimous one way or another?

FWIW I have been batting .1000 on the legal outcomes of some of these high profile cases. Zimmerman, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling and Eric Garner to name a few. With the exception of the Sterling case, the officers could have made tactical decisions that would have precluded their need to use the force they did when they did. Cops don't like to be second guessed. I say we are cheating ourselves out of an opportunity to learn and grow if we don't look for ways to achieve better outcomes.

When a non-aggressive man ends up dead and riots, mayhem and destruction envelop a country, all over the passing of a small amount of counterfeit , smart people will question what could have been done better or differently. Officer's decision making is going to become more complicated in the future. Temporary tactical disengagement or even momentary retreat will become more routine.

Much of America is far more vile than I believe you have hope, innocence or compassion to overcome... but with genuine sincerity I wish you well.

That is a true and honest prayer.

I have no more words.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The media reporting is more to blame for the riots and looting........than actions of law enforcement.

Remember the 12-year-old pics of Trayvon? The hands up reporting of Brown?

There is no desire for actual truth. Only desire for predetermined outcome.

I know that Zimmerman was a damn idiot. I know that Wilson could have employed a brief tactical disengagement until back-up arrived and the outcome would have likely been different. I suspect if you were to ask Wilson today if he had to do that all over again and this time make another call for back-up and maintain remote contact until they arrived, that he would. Brown had already tried to disarm him once, it was all but guaranteed that he'd do it again. I am a strong advocate for taking actions that can buy more time. More time almost always results in better decisions, especially under stress. Do you think combat units unfailingly move forward immediately toward an enemy?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

And society has gotten so much better hasn't it.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Police can do very little to affect societal decay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s going to help their defense.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Police can do very little to affect societal decay.

LMAO!, you really believe that? What do you think the world would look like inside of 60 days if all law enforcement walked off the job today?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.