Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Only old guys eat tootsie rolls

Was that the dangerous part ?

🤣🤮

Tambourines and elephants.

Look at all the happy creatures, dancin' on the lawn.

BTDT..................I think.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That must be a bad thing, sorry some of you do!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Osteoarthritis gives me quite a bit of pain. Used Norco or similar for years. After hip replacement, stopped those, but other locations of the body have the condition. Mostly I just live with the 24/7 pain. Did not go back on opioids.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend is a retired Army Ranger. After many parachute jumps, he's retired on disability because of back injuries. He finally resorted to acupuncture. He has little gold needles in his ears. He says that while the pain isn't gone, it's greatly reduced. It's worth looking into, anyway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do two ex-wives count?

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Going on 10 years... first my knee went out then lost my balance because I was to vain to use a cane and fell and hurt my back.... back pain makes knee pain seem easy. The first orthopedic surgeon I saw when coming to grips with loss of ability to get around like I want to said, "Don't let the pain define who you are..." I thought about slugging him . Easy for him to say.... Turns out it was pretty good orthopedic psychiatry.

I have had some success ignoring it.... try to focus on stuff I still can do.... some days are better than others and I try to make the best of those.... Swimming has done more for pain management than anything else.... up until COVID hit and the pool closed.... that has sucked.

I had developed a group of "pool buddies" that I talked to hanging out in the whirl pool. It is good for me to visit with others who have some kind of medical thing going on but understand you can't just take a pill and be all better. Diet exercise and attitude are 3 things we do have some control over. I miss my pool buddies.

My guess is that there are several of us here getting a bit long in the tooth and dealing with pain/mobility issues. I'd much prefer to talk about dealing with there "challenges" soaking in a turbo charged whirl pool... but thanks for starting this thread.

John, walking sticks that can be used for defense if need be are cooler than canes. I've seen some pretty nifty ones out there or make one.

Since my gym closed because of Covid I feel like crap. I am doing weights but no cardio. Right now I am on a waiting list for the Concept2 rowing machine. They are now telling me it will be the end of September before they can ship.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lower back below belt line through tailbone.
Pudendal nerve and sciatic.
Every day.
Sometimes lightning bolts but usually a dull ache that is ALWAYS there.
Just makes ya tired, half a breath kinda thing.
I work, job physical.....but always muscle and mental fatigue because this chit never leaves.

Well almost never. Oddly, I got 3 days in a row pain free last yr.

Weird.

Sitting in Jeep at surgery center now. Kid blew up a knee, getting checked out. So am on web, sitting in jeep w my lower back at low burn ( simmer) and a bit of leg numbing.

Good times

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Back pain, lessens the pain ( felt ) for chronic headaches ( every day ) and bum shoulder.

Nothing is fun anymore.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Oops on an outpatient deal had me really fugged for 3 yrs w wicked pain, then pinched nerve in middle back and now this lower back crap. Have been hurting since 2000.

Just notice it way more now.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I have ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis in the spine. I take methotrexate weekly along with several daily vitamins. I have prednisone for flare up as well. Like was said earlier limiting sugar and carbs helps tremendously.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My knees have been in rough shape for a long time. I am 57 years old and they have seen a mountain of abuse in my lifetime.

Had two surgeries over the past 20 years... went to a doctor about 2 months ago to start the process of a total knee replacement. Taking care of an elderly parent at the moment and was just simply trying to buy some time with some cortisone shots or whatever... until a future date.

X-ray showed severe wear between the fibia and the fibula.

Just finished a third shot of three of euflexxa... and holy smoke this knee feels like it is New Again. I am not exaggerating. Simply unbelievable the night and day difference. Crazy stuff... I am a total believer.

Apparently this knee goo is a supplemental lubricant acid that replaces the natural lubricant acid that keeps your various cartilage hydrated and at peak cushion.

I have no idea, but I have gone from barely able to walk to contemplating taking up jogging again.

Believe it or not... my insurance also covered the prescription. Doc said it may last years but if not every six months as a treatment is allowable by both the medication specs and the insurance company.

Only sharing as a comfort to folks that may suffer knee pain also.

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/05/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ribka
I ordered this. Heard good feedback

https://teeter.com/product/dex-ii/

Stretching, yoga and movement, healthy low carb ( have to commit every day) really does help with pain. The worst thing you can do is remain sedentary and eat crappy processed food

Yoga has certainly helped my lower back pain even just doing the beginners series of stretches. Also been doing reverse hyper extensions.

MAGA! This is the way!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had a disc slip at L4/L5 in 2009 and had it shaved off. I've dealt with scar tissue pain ever since. I fell again in 2016 and have been dealing with a lot of pain last few years. I now have L4/L5 S1 issues. With the L5 S1 pinching my left leg goes numb if I walk or stand too long. They want to put pins and screws or a titanium brace in my L4/L5 but I am waiting until I absolutely can't stand it any more. I've had three different opinions so far and may go for one more.

I can't take oxy's or the like, they make me sick in the stomach. And I really have to watch taking the Ibuprophen (NSAIDs) because my kidney function goes bonkers if I take a lot. They made me quit taking Cymbalta because of my kidneys.

I certainly can't do what I could do 10 years ago and it sucks.

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 08/05/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I also have ankylosing spondylitis, diagnosed with it in '81 when I was 23yrs old. Also have scoliosis which worsens the AS. Combine that with congestive heart failure with first pacer in '95 @ 39yr old. Prosthetic mitral valve @ 41 which I have to be on warfarin for. Then a bad stroke Jan of '15 5 days after new pacer/defib implant. With all the heart issues and blood thinner there are many meds I cannot take or procedures they cannot do. Been on/off opiates since '97 or so. Took 3 10mg of oxy yesterday because things were so bad. Disk between L2-L3 I guess pretty much gone and pinching sciatic nerve into right leg. So left leg numb and foot just feels like I am dragging a mass around. Right butt cheek and back of thigh and calf hurt like hell some days with constant (4-5on pain scale) pain 24/7. Least I guess I am one of the few who has not become addicted to opiates according to Doc. Many days I just take Tramadol and get by.

All I know is after 40yrs+ of pain and no real fix anymore for anything I am waiting for my creator to visit. Hardly can sleep and mentally is a challenge every day!!!! Wished I could remember when I had no pain but cannot, been at least 20yrs I know.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Since 1985.

After a while you learn to get along with it.

Even those times when you have to remember to breathe.

I take some meds but back when i had the fusions done i turned them back in because they worked to good.

The Doc said that he had not had a patient turn in something because it worked to well.
I just told him that i wanted to things other than sit on the couch or chair all day.

Sometimes it gets hard to get going in the morning.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 270winchester
How do you deal with it, besides meds? This month is 25 years for me, L-4, L-5, S-1. Left foot is numb and hurts 24/7 from nerve damage. Inoperable. Ran out of options years ago. Been in the "Live with it" stage for years. Distractions help, good movie, boobies, etc...What about you?

No meds, put it out of your head and keep plowing, left knee ortho, spinal fusion, ping pong ball bone knocked off right elbow, rotator cuff tear, healed, meniscus tear, healed, 4 fuggin bullet holes, hatchet to the right hip bone, little bones that make up the arch of your foot, cracked all those sombitches, healed, back of head peeped like a banana two times to remove shrap, gas on it man, never quit! smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dang gunner, were you a cashier at a 7-11 in the ghetto?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
I The worst thing you can do is remain sedentary and eat crappy processed food

[Linked Image from d6ce0no7ktiq.cloudfront.net]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dang gunner, were you a cashier at a 7-11 in the ghetto?

You could say that grin

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Someone mention acupuncture? My mom has had great success with nerve and arthritis pain.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,866
Posts18,478,673
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.