Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Doug is just trying to let you know what's new. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Thats how capitalism works....

The more I think about this, I owe Ingwe an apology. I fully understand Doug is simply passing on the information, and I mean no offense towards him. I shouldn't have gotten snappy at your comment, it was spot on. I just happen to be fiercely American. I served as US Marine, and have a confrontational side to me. I like to see things made here, and along the same lines, am obviously predisposed to avoid Chinese imported goods. I feel those sentiments are something people like Doug may like to know, being in the industry and how it may effect sales, trends, etc. At any rate, please accept my apology for getting rude with you Ingwe. I try not to get emotionally involved in computer forums, but I failed this time. Kind regards.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Doug is just trying to let you know what's new. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If they are final inspected and tested in Greeley before shipment like the Philippine scopes, they may be fine. But made in China is a turn-off for me, although it’s pretty tough to avoid everything Hecho en China. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This post in no way was intended to be anything other than a notification of new product release arrival info. Folks are always asking about when new product actually ships.

Unfortunately, without Pacific Rim interaction in the Optics and Electronic industry we would have virtually no products to offer. Like it or not, that's reality...As I type this on my Pacific Rim made computer and you read it on yours, or your made in China iPhone or whatever you use for internet access. Just sayin'

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Is the center crosshair on the MOA reticle as thick as the image makes it look?

Here’s the Reticle map out of their catalog, 0.13 MOA thickness is pretty doggone small, but vector graphics do have a tendency to mislead the appearance of tiny details like this.

Attached Images
ret.jpg (40.33 KB, 818 downloads)
ret1.jpg (40.33 KB, 813 downloads)

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Hey, if you can't take it...don't dish it out. I personally couldn't care less what you choose to ignore or entertain.

You cared enough to reply.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Is the center crosshair on the MOA reticle as thick as the image makes it look?

Here’s the Reticle map out of their catalog, 0.13 MOA thickness is pretty doggone small, but vector graphics do have a tendency to mislead the appearance of tiny details like this.

Thanks Doug.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Hey, if you can't take it...don't dish it out. I personally couldn't care less what you choose to ignore or entertain.

You cared enough to reply.

You're right, I also cared enough to apologize when I wrong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it's perfectly reasonable to express one's disappointment that something is made in CHINA and that they won't buy Chinese when there are other options. In the case of telescopic rifle sights, there are many options not made in CHINA.

Interpret this as the market speaking...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
China. Are you F'n kidding me?
Thought about trying one. No mas.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I wasn't thrilled about the made in China thing and deleted my earlier post to that effect. I've had such good luck with Burris scopes I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and now have a 2-10x40 on the way from Camerland. It's going on a 6.5 CM and the reticle is supposed to be calibrated for that cartridge, so I guess if the turrets aren't up to repeatable dialing, it has elevation/wind holdover/holdoffs built in. For those looking on Doug's site, the link to the 2-10x40 shows a picture of one of the higher power scopes with taller turrets. The 2-10x40 appears to have low profile turrets which appeal more to me. Screen shot from Burris' site:

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGray
I wasn't thrilled about the made in China thing and deleted my earlier post to that effect. I've had such good luck with Burris scopes I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and now have a 2-10x40 on the way from Camerland. It's going on a 6.5 CM and the reticle is supposed to be calibrated for that cartridge, so I guess if the turrets aren't up to repeatable dialing, it has elevation/wind holdover/holdoffs built in. For those looking on Doug's site, the link to the 2-10x40 shows a picture of one of the higher power scopes with taller turrets. The 2-10x40 appears to have low profile turrets which appeal more to me. Screen shot from Burris' site:

I am interested in hearing what you think about it.

What exactly is HD glass?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just picked it up at the PO and am fiddling with it now and liking it so far. Glass looks good, power ring is smooth, fast focus eye piece works well, turret adjustments are crisp (not mushy at all) and initial impression of the reticle is positive. Can't really tell much more until I get it mounted and shoot it. Not really sure on the HD glass, but a quick Google search gives this:

"You may notice the terms ED or HD being used in higher end optics. To make this as simple as possible, we'll give a quick primer: ED stands for “extra-low dispersion,” and may also be referred to as HD glass. This glass almost always contains Fluorite, which cuts down on chromatic aberration and glare."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Amen to that Sir.

Jim

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Where does it say they're made in China?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
On the bottom of the turret housing.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The ones I have says Phillipines.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Which models of new Signature and FF IV scopes do you have? How do you like them?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Which models of new Signature and FF IV scopes do you have? How do you like them?

I don't have any of these models yet if those are the ones they are referring to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, those are what this thread is about.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,908
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.