Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by readonly

If you are not familiar with the Tamir Rice incident, read up on it. Tell me that law enforcement delivered the best possible outcome. Tell me that a little more time and/or space couldn't have delivered a better outcome. When I was a kid I had a few contacts with LE when I was carrying a pellet gun or BB pistol. I never got shot.

Tamir Rice was straight up murder any way you slice it. The officer was released from another department for mental issues. Worst of the armed shoots in the bunch IMO.

No it wasn't murder. It was bad police tactics that led to a legally justifiable shooting. Had the officers taken better advantage of time, distance and cover, Tamir would be alive. Time, distance and cover can all buy better decisions.

Tamir would also be alive had he not made a furtive movement and reach for what any reasonable person would assume was a weapon either

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The fact someone is trying to compare being in the coast guard policing and an inner city cop being a policeman is laugh out loud funny. Talk about apples and oranges. Thanks needed the laugh this morning.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

Yep. The cops actually escalated the situation up until the point that what's his name murdered him.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
3X the 'lethal' dose of fentanyl is likely what killed him.

One thing is certain.......the liberal Democrat politicians in Minnesota will quickly label jurors as racists.......in an effort to keep their hands clean, when things start burning again.

Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

Yep. The cops actually escalated the situation up until the point that what's his name murdered him.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
he shouldn't a done it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Antlers has amazing deductive reasoning skills and this is an example of his amazing talent...... for being wrong! hahahahhahahaha
Floyd passed a fake 20.

According to Forbes, Chauvin filed fraudulent tax returns for 6 consecutive years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...sure-a-conviction-for-derek-chauvin/amp/

I stand by what I said on the matter. You disagree. Fine. No big deal. To me.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Full-on panic attack exacerbated by drugs and pre-existing cardiac dysfunction.

Blood pressure skyrockets.

Drugs and panic response impair breathing.

Cardiac event results.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by irfubar
Antlers has amazing deductive reasoning skills and this is an example of his amazing talent...... for being wrong! hahahahhahahaha
Floyd passed a fake 20.

According to Forbes, Chauvin filed fraudulent tax returns for 6 consecutive years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...sure-a-conviction-for-derek-chauvin/amp/

I stand by what I said on the matter. You disagree. Fine. No big deal. To me.

The two are not related. Look up “causality.” You’ll find this:

Description: Causality is influence by which one event, process or state contributes to the production of another event, process or state where the cause is partly responsible for the effect, and the effect is partly dependent on the cause.

I’ll bet cops speed sometimes, too, but still pull people over.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m gonna manhandle you for passing a fake 20. Even though I’ve filed fraudulent tax returns for 6 consecutive years.

Sounds about right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Full-on panic attack exacerbated by drugs and pre-existing cardiac dysfunction.

Blood pressure skyrockets.

Drugs and panic response impair breathing.

Cardiac event results.

P

This. Fentanyl is a monster. 3 times a normal dose and a strong desire not to go back to the jail cell....

Yup.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I’m gonna manhandle you for passing a fake 20. Even though I’ve filed fraudulent tax returns for 6 consecutive years.

Sounds about right.

Antler are you a Democrat? Sounds like it

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Sounds about right.

That's not what happened...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Sounds about right.

You’re absolutely right. When cops file fraudulent returns they always kneel on a Black man’s neck.

The two are clearly related.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sounds about right.

You’re absolutely right. When cops file fraudulent returns they always kneel on a Black man’s neck.

The two are clearly related.

P

If you have dog sh~t on your shoe, does it really matter which shoe is the sh~tty one ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sounds about right.

If that’s ‘your’ analogy, so be it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You win.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

If you are not familiar with the Tamir Rice incident, read up on it. Tell me that law enforcement delivered the best possible outcome. Tell me that a little more time and/or space couldn't have delivered a better outcome. When I was a kid I had a few contacts with LE when I was carrying a pellet gun or BB pistol. I never got shot.

I don't know you from Adam, Paul. But based on your posts I am going to assume your LE experience with the Coast Guard was dealing with coworkers on a boat, or on base. Is that fairly accurate?

My LE experience comes with an asterisk. Coast Guard LE is a very different animal than street LE. It's a different environment, a different tactical field and an often different public. I am always very up front about that and quick to admit that street cops have a much tougher job. Now having said that, that doesn't mean that some of the training, tactics and constitutional law don't transfer reasonably well. I also earned my certification as a reserve deputy in Harrison County MS. I didn't have much experience with that before Katrina hit, and I ended up moving and changing jobs.

Having been trained by the country and the state of Mississippi and having cross trained with officers from all kinds of local, state and federal agencies, I can say that our training and our emphasis needs to change. Far, far more time is spent training on shooting, and on when shooting is legally justifiable, than on tactics and strategies that deliver non-lethal outcomes. I well remember the first time I read in our LE policy manual that a "retreat may be the best option in certain circumstances" I laughed. We all did. Machismo runs deep in our ranks. It almost has to.
But over time I saw that it could indeed be the best option in certain circumstances.

Wilson/Brown would have been a great time to use a tactical disengagement. An unarmed Brown had already tried to take Wilson's gun. We can draw two reasonable conclusions from that. Brown wasn't armed and he'd likely do it again. When Wilson immediately reengaged him, and did so without the benefit of the immediately available cover, he put himself in a situation in which he was all but guaranteed to have to shot an unarmed man.

Had he waited until back-up arrived and/or put his car between him and Brown, we may not have BLM today. But the shoot was legally justifiable, so it was the best outcome right?

That's a long long winded way to say "yes". You are putting yourself on the podium, using your experience as a resume to tell us all you know what you are talking about, and you're not just being emotional. But your experience doesn't correlate with any of the incidents you are pontificating on here about as an SME.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MOGC

Sounds about right.

That's not what happened...

But that's the narrative. lol As the facts come out, and the real picture doesn't fit the painting they made on day one, they need to change the focus. Saint George wasn't "manhandled" for passing a forged currency, he could've simply went with the officers, got a ride in the car, and had his day in court. That it didn't go that way is solely on the dearly departed. Not holding people accountable for their actions is a large part of why this country is spiraling downward so fast. What the officer paid in taxes is so irrelevant to the topic at hand it's comically baffling.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
The fact someone is trying to compare being in the coast guard policing and an inner city cop being a policeman is laugh out loud funny. Talk about apples and oranges. Thanks needed the laugh this morning.

I have been very clear in stating that the tactics don't always translate. If I have made a specific comment with which you disagree, comment on that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

But that's the narrative. lol As the facts come out, and the real picture doesn't fit the painting they made on day one, they need to change the focus. Saint George wasn't "manhandled" for passing a forged currency, he could've simply went with the officers, got a ride in the car, and had his day in court. That it didn't go that way is solely on the dearly departed. Not holding people accountable for their actions is a large part of why this country is spiraling downward so fast. What the officer paid in taxes is so irrelevant to the topic at hand it's comically baffling.

This.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.