Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Ms. James’s lawsuit is the culmination of an inquiry that began in February 2019 and played out amid revelations in the news media regarding the organization’s spending and governance practices.

The lawsuit alleges Mr. LaPierre spent hundreds of thousands of the organization’s dollars on private plane trips, visiting the Bahamas “by private air charter at least eight times” in three years, according to a summary of the suit. He and his family were often allegedly “gifted the use of a 107-foot yacht” by an N.R.A. vendor and he spent more than $3.6 million on travel consultants, including luxury black cars, over two years. He also is said to have secured a post-employment contract without board approval worth more than $17 million.

Among the numerous alleged violations laid out by Ms. James’s office, some related to false reporting of annual filings both to the state and the I.R.S. Her office also cited “improper expense documentation, improper wage reporting, improper income tax withholding” and failing to make required excise tax reporting and payment, among other issues.

The lawsuit also claims that testimony by the chairman of the N.R.A.’s audit committee indicated that he had little awareness of its governance role, no knowledge of state law concerned such committees and was unfamiliar with the committee’s own charter, which states that it oversees the organization’s financial integrity.

N.R.A. officials have conducted their own internal audit and defended many of their practices, though several top officials have been forced out amid an internal dispute over how it is run, including Oliver North, its former president, and Christopher Cox, the former top lobbyist.

The organization’s leadership believes Ms. James is part of a politically motived effort by New York officials to destroy the organization.

“Everybody knows we were singled out,” Mr. LaPierre said in an interview last year. “Everybody knows that it’s politics. Everybody knows why it’s really happening. And it’s wrong.”

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Criminals are generally "singled out" at their criminal trial. I have no sympathy for scumbag liars and charlatans. If the NRA had ONCE fought any of the federal gun laws it supported (all of them now on the books) I might feel different.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LaPierre's greed has placed the NRA in jeopardy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Watch4bear will be along in a minute to tell us all how we're all to blame for not supporting Wayne's NRA.

It might be the Dem's going after them, but Wayne's giving them the gasonline and matches they'll use to burn it down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still don’t care, I’ve moved on.
I hope a Wayne winds up in prison for the damage he has done.
Donate to the GOA, SAF, and your local pro gun organizations.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
WLP's chickens coming home to roost....

Unfortunate for the historic NRA...

Libs attacking, but buzzards only eat dead stuff, don't generally kill anything.

So, maybe them picking the bones isn't all negative. Maggots have actually been used in wound debridement, can be very effective, eating only dead tissue, preserving live tissue...

Other organizations will have to pick up the slack, unless the NRA can be reconstituted under different governance. Not sure that's gonna happen.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bump

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506

Exactly right, I'd like to kick the mans teeth in for what he's done to the NRA.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

The inactions by the board of directors are a big part of the issue here. They knew, or should have known about all this financial abuse. They should have stopped it or fired Wayne, or both.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dale06

The inactions by the board of directors are a big part of the issue here. They knew, or should have known about all this financial abuse. They should have stopped it or fired Wayne, or both.

You assume that they weren't involved. I don't think that's possible, given that fact that utter idiots don't' end up on Boards of Directors.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

You assume that they weren't involved. I don't think that's possible, given that fact that utter idiots don't' end up on Boards of Directors.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Board doesn't govern, the bureaucracy (WLP) does. The Board, it seems to me, is more window dressing and there for PR, ultimately to encourage donations.

At least the NRA won't be paying WLP's legal bills with my donations.

Although I'm an Endowment member, I dried up that spigot some time ago.

DF

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by AB2506

The NRA board/executives allowed Wayne's greed to place the NRA in jeopardy. They should have canned his ass a long time ago.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Unless I'm mistaken, the Board doesn't govern, the bureaucracy (WLP) does. The Board, it seems to me, is more window dressing and there for PR, ultimately to encourage donations.

DF

Boards of Directors are SUPPOSED to protect the fidelity of the brand of the company in order to protect its value. I think that is the gist of their function. I can't imagine that they wouldn't know far more about what kind of corruption has been going on behind the scenes. I doubt any of us know more than a small fraction of it. I can't figure that anyone on the Board wouldn't know about the corruption, or that any of them would keep their mouths shut about it without compensation, given the amount of dirt they had on specific people and what they had to lose by allowing the corruption to continue.

What we may be seeing here with the way Wayne has been "outed" is someone on the inside is burning him for not giving them enough of a payoff.

Regardless, it is obvious to me that while the NRA may have been advocates of gun rights in the first few decades of their existence, they have been on board with the "Progressive" agenda since. I will keep mentioning that they have supported every single federal gun law now on the books. They didn't fight those laws with the motive of protecting the 2nd Amendment. They advocated for those gun laws.

The NRA for many decades now has been fear-mongering to collect funds, then supporting gun laws, then fear-mongering to collect more funds. It's a typical political scam, and there are scores of examples now in this country.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Harlen Carter all over again, except now they will pay.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

Boards of Directors are SUPPOSED to protect the fidelity of the brand of the company in order to protect its value. I think that is the gist of their function. I can't imagine that they wouldn't know far more about what kind of corruption has been going on behind the scenes. I doubt any of us know more than a small fraction of it. I can't figure that anyone on the Board wouldn't know about the corruption, or that any of them would keep their mouths shut about it without compensation, given the amount of dirt they had on specific people and what they had to lose by allowing the corruption to continue.

What we may be seeing here with the way Wayne has been "outed" is someone on the inside is burning him for not giving them enough of a payoff.

Regardless, it is obvious to me that while the NRA may have been advocates of gun rights in the first few decades of their existence, they have been on board with the "Progressive" agenda since. I will keep mentioning that they have supported every single federal gun law now on the books. They didn't fight those laws with the motive of protecting the 2nd Amendment. They advocated for those gun laws.

The NRA for many decades now has been fear-mongering to collect funds, then supporting gun laws, then fear-mongering to collect more funds. It's a typical political scam, and there are scores of examples now in this country.

For some reason, Pete Brownell couldn't get back to Iowa fast enough, only partially thru his term as President. Ollie and Cox are gone. Don't know the whole story, but they're not there, WLP is.

So, there have been internal struggles, WLP always coming out on top until this NY AG got the goods on him. And, she is a minority, screaming lib who would love to destroy the NRA (and us all if she could).

WLP just handed her a loaded gun...

DF

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Guess the party is over for Wayne, no more luxurious yachts, paid vacations in the Bahamas on and on. Though he has a real nice $17,000,000 golden parachute to soften the landing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like to see Wayne in jail for the damage he’s done. All of the Officers and Board members should pay substantial fines.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

DF

For some reason, Pete Brownell couldn't get back to Iowa fast enough, only partially thru his term as President. Ollie and Cox are gone. Don't know the whole story, but they're not there, WLP is.

So, there have been internal struggles, WLP always coming out on top until this NY AG got the goods on him. And, she is a minority, screaming lib who would love to destroy the NRA (and us all if she could).

DF

It would be pretty enlightening to know all of the goings-on behind the scenes. I wish we could somehow be privy to all the facts.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

DF

It would be pretty enlightening to know all of the goings-on behind the scenes. I wish we could somehow be privy to all the facts.

Yep, for sure.

Just to be a fly on the wall...

But, then you'd probably have to testify...

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne destroyed the NRA, and did a fine job of it.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 222ND, 2003and2013, 163bc, 63 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,790
Posts18,477,303
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.