-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For all of us Chautauqua hunters that lying scum Parment really gave us a kick in the ballz, he shot us down for rifle hunting and then he voted yes for Chemung and Steuben. What a two faced scumbag!!! I'd like to use his old wrinkled nads as target practice.

HUNTERS, THE ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!!!
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
JJ- Don't candy coat it....tell us what you REALLY think!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Quote from the New York Outdoor News, July 13th 2007 edition......

A seperate bill that would have added much of Chautauqua County into the rifle zone never made it out of the Assembly's environmental conservation committee.

Assemblyman William Parment, D-North Harmony, the sponsor of that bill, said previously the Chautauqua County situation, which was to be on a one-year trial basis,"was somewhat controversial," with the counties sportmen's federation flip flopping between opposition and support of the move.

Ummm....never made it out of committee because Bill Parment himself kept it from going to the floor for a vote...right Bill Parment?

You admitted that, finally, in the Dunkirk Observer, didn't you...Bill Parment?

Why won't you take any calls on this Bill?

Or, answer any E-mails.....?

Ummm.... Bill, I was at the same meeting you were at, ya know the one that was standing room only at Falconer Rod and Gun? The one where I saw your car with the NYS Assemblyman's license plate parked about 300 yards up the road because you couldn't find a place closer and had to hike in because of all the PEOPLE that came to the meeting?

The meeting with Senator Cathy Young saying she would get this through the Senate? The meeting where the DEC said they would rather see us hunt with a Rifle because they feel it is SAFER? The meeting where County Executive Greg Edwards, a hunter himself, said he was in full favor of the Rifle Bill?

The meeting where even you recieved deafening applause from what YOU were saying........

Yeah, THAT one, THAT meeting........

You heard yourself there at THAT meeting, from the Federation President himself, that the Chautauqua County Sportsmen's Federation had at first been against the proposal, several years back. Then, last year the vote was close but not quite enough to give a nod. And THIS time around, this year, the Federation was in fact in favor of the Rifle Bill.

Friend, that's an organization representitive of Chautauqua Co. hunters going from non-supportive to full out approval.....that's not flip flopping, dude.

Flip floppin' is what you've done for the past THREE years on this issue.........

Mr. Parment you come to a meeting, attended by several hundred hunters who are in favor, you tell us all in public that you modified YOUR bill to easily pass, you said you will submit YOUR bill for a vote and then you decide to NOT submit YOUR bill for a vote, because you said there was a "few" voices of opposition.

I think the number of voices of opposition at that meeting was like ....6.

Controversial with who?

I don't see a ground swell of nay vote letters in the paper, or doom and gloom commentary on the Buffalo Evening News, the only local radio show talking about it is in definate FAVOR of it, the antis had their chance to show up at that meeting....six of them did.

Majority rules dude..............

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Here's the article from the Observer the other day.....

County�s rifle bill still stalled in controversy

By TIM LATSHAW OBSERVER Staff Writer

7/8/2007 - It hasn�t been shot down, but hunters will have to continue waiting to see whether a bill permitting rifle hunting of deer and bear in Chautauqua County will ever make it through the state Legislature.

After passing overwhelmingly in the Senate in June, Senate bill S-3776 � which would permit rifle hunting of deer and bear in Chautauqua County south of Route 20 � was sent to the Assembly, where it was referred to the Environmental Conservation Committee and remained until the Assembly adjourned its 2007 session on June 22.

�The bill hasn�t been reported to the Rules Committee and hasn�t advanced to the floor for a vote by the whole Assembly, and I don�t expect that it will this session or this year,� Assemblyman William Parment (D-North Harmony) said. �Generally, we don�t consider legislation even in special session unless there is some compelling need, and I wouldn�t expect this to be considered this year. The bill will continue to be alive unless I were to strike the enacting clause, which I haven�t done.�

The attempt to permit rifle hunting in Chautauqua County during deer and bear season (it is currently allowed for small game) has been in a similar holding pattern for the past several years.

�There is a very vocal groundswell of support from area sportsmen and women and I have had a request for this bill for three years now,� said state Sen. Catharine Young (R-Olean), who introduced S-3776 in March.

According to Young, a bill had previously been introduced but was wiped out at the end of 2006 when a two-year cycle of the Legislature ended. The bill was reintroduced and later became part of a package of sportsmen-related bills pushed by state Sen. Dale Volker in June. The Senate passed S-3776 by a vote of 59-2.

Those in favor of passing the legislation cite additional rifle hunting as a draw to tourism and a help for the local economy. It may also prevent some local hunters from heading to Pennsylvania or the neighboring counties of Cattaraugus and Allegany � which were both allowed big game rifle hunting in 2005 � in order to use their preferred weapons.

�The counties that basically have (big game rifle hunting) have seen an increase in license sales and Chautauqua County has seen a decrease for the last two years; and that�s the first time in 12 years this has happened,� said Chautauqua County Sport Hunting and Fishing Coordinator Craig Robbins.

Young said that Cattaraugus and Allegany counties have had �very successful seasons� since rifle use was broadened.

�The DEC will tell you that rifle hunting is actually more accurate and cleaner than shotgun hunting,� she said. �This is a way for sportsmen to choose which style they want to use.�

While there is vocal support from sportsmen favoring the legislation, there are others who fear the power and long range of rifles (up to one mile or more) may lead to stray bullets unintentionally hitting in populated areas.

Parment said he has not brought the bill to the Assembly floor because of this opposition and its focus on safety.

�I continue to get letters and phone calls and e-mails from people in the county who oppose it, and I would say that the major concern of these people is safety,� Parment said. �There are some other concerns that are raised: some people feel that it would deplete the deer population; others philosophically feel that it isn�t as sporting hunting with a rifle � you get a mixture of views. But the one that is of principal concern to me is the safety issue.�

Chautauqua County has more people and is generally less hilly than either Cattaraugus or Allegany County, Parment said, believing that can make rifles more of a concern. Parment made the amendment to S-3776 that excepts land north of Route 20 from the bill based on the notion that the area near the lake is especially flat. He also added a one-year �sunset� to the bill to provide a chance to evaluate the hunting season before deciding whether to make the changes permanent.

Parment said he made the amendments in an effort to appease opposition to the bill, but that it has not worked very well.

Both Parment and Young said they have heard more from those in favor of the bill, who appear more organized than the opposition against it. Case in point is a public meeting that was arranged in March at the Falconer Rod & Gun Club. Both the assemblyman and senator attended, as did County Executive Greg Edwards and members of the DEC and county sheriff�s department.

The public spoke up for both sides, but there was a clear majority in favor of the bill. Parment made his amendments following the meeting, giving some in favor of the bill hopes that it would soon pass. Instead, some feel frustrated that another wait is at hand.

�At that meeting, there was probably 90 percent in favor of the rifle bill being passed in Chautauqua County,� Robbins said. �Then this happened.�

But Parment, who still sees a significant number of opposition in terms of safety, appears willing to hold until that side can be more greatly appeased.

�Because there�s a public safety issue involved, I have taken a cautious approach to this and just feel that I should continue to do that until the sportsmen convince the public it is the right thing to do,� he said.

comments on this article may be sent to editorialobservertoday.com

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
My sympathies to you Chautauqua Co. boys. Y'all takin it in the shorts.

The bill for Steuben has to be signed within 30 days of when the legislature adjourned. I'll celebrate when it happens ..... not convinced that the gov. doesn't intend to have his way with us.

So as not to jinx anything, there will be no celebratory range expeditions for me, till everything is final.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Bill...

What's your county's population, and square milage?

Let's see, y'all got Hornell, Bath, Corning.

Hammondsport is in there too right?

Just had a curious thought............

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come on Roy, stop your belly ache 'in, Monroe county can't use rifles neither... eekReally I feel for ya,no good reason for such crap in your county!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
In Erie county and I'm sure all others with deer overpopulation the police and the "lucky chosen few" on some of the permits can use center fire rifles and lights, bait, late hours etc......just a job at that point.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
What's your county's population, and square milage?

Population in Steuben was 99,000 in 2000. Geographically it is one of the largest counties in the state. That is how we kill the most deer every year when listed by county. Chemung County though much smaller geographically had 91,000 pop. in 2000. Yates had 24,000.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Roy, I honestly think what we have to do is get auto insurance companies involved, they have a hell of alot more money and influence than we do. They have alot of power and are definately in favor of rifle hunting because they lose millions every year in car deer claims.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If they'll help vote out Bill Parment...I'm game.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I also noticed that bastard Parment won't return phone calls or respond to my e-mails. He used to respond by mail, and now nothing. I don't know who's worse politicians or laywers? They are both scums that only care about their own well being, and financial status. You know somebody has to be tickling Parments azz with cash. Does anyone know when he's up for re-election?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know who's worse politicians or laywers? They are both scums that only care about their own well being, and financial status.
Blanket statements like that are rarely a good idea and seldom true.There are a number of fine lawyers on this board as well as across the country,I'm sure there are a few good politicians also all though they may be in the minority...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My divorce lawyer was a putz.......

The one that worked for my second wife and got the Truth out in court was a good dude.

Cathy Young is a NY state Senator, she's a public servant not a politician. I will vote again for her.

Bill Parment is a liar and a sleezeball politico, vote for him I will not.....

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I don't know who's worse politicians or laywers? They are both scums that only care about their own well being, and financial status.
Blanket statements like that are rarely a good idea and seldom true.There are a number of fine lawyers on this board as well as across the country,I'm sure there are a few good politicians also all though they may be in the minority...
Your right, it's not fair of me to put them all in the scum category. I guess I just have'nt met any that I cared for. My appologies to the good ones that are out there.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Saw Senator Cathy Young today at the Gala Days Parade, every Fire Deparment in the county had appartus there as well as several dept's from Catt. Co. and NW PA.

She walked the whole route, and was well recieved...

Bill Parment musta been busy somewhere else.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How does that work? Was'nt there anything Cathrine Young could've done to get the bill passed? I know she was all for it, and who would've cared if Parment voted no? It would've been an overwhelming vote to approve it anyways.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
The latest according to the Elmira paper:

"The bill was delivered to the governor's office July 6". "Spitzer has 10 days, not counting Sundays, to either sign or veto the bill. That means it automatically becomes law if he takes no action by midnite Tuesday."

I hope to hell he is on vacation.

I am taking my kids to the 'dacks for the week so I won't know what happened till I get back. Y'all keep your fingers crossed.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Jeremiah...

From what I've read and understand since the meeting with Cathy and Bill, the Chautauqua Co. bill was submitted along with Steuben's bill to the State Senate where both passed the Senate quite easily.

They were then refered to the NY Assembly's Encon Committee...

The Steuben bill passed through committee and then passed through the General Assembly and now awaits Eliots signature.

The Chaut. Co. bill was held up in the Assembly's Encon Committee by none other than Bill Parment himself, by his own admission...to prevent it from going to the General Assembly where he knew it would pass.

The whole thing makes little sense since the orginal bill we discussed at the meeting this spring was suposedly written by Bill Parment, which means, to those who were there, he would do everything in his power to see it through. The last two years worth of Chaut. Co. Rifle bills were also written by Bill Parment and then we heard they were held up by the Assembly. This time though he told us he made modifications to it to eliminate north of Rt. 20 along Lake Erie and THAT was supposed to aleviate the "safety concerns"....

Then we hear Bill Parment is going to hold it up again because a few members of the general population still have "safety concerns"....Mmmmmmmm.

Cathy Young did her part in the Senate..as promised.

Assemblyman Parment did not, all I see from him is political double talk........

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Jeremiah...

You are on the other end of the county from me which is perfect....

How about you and I organizing a grassroots drive to get rid of Bill Parment based on his failure to support Chat. Co. Sportsmen, as he seems to be the only one that has the ability to shoot it down with whatever connections he has....and get this Rifle thing settled once and for all.

We need to get support from every sportsmen in the county documented into a viable political weapon, we need to educate the undecided that Rifle use is not a detriment to the deer herd or public safety, and, we need to overwhelm the FEW nay sayer anti gun sheeple.....

Gonna take some leg work but if we want it, WE need to git 'er done.

Game...??

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 18,882 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,856
Posts18,537,624
Members74,050
Most Online20,796

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.