Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Lost my New Mexico elk hunt on Pueblo Indian ranch.Took my refund and deposited it with a neighboring ranch for November mule deer. Still pissed beyond belief I won’t be hearing bugles this year.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Got my once-every-four-years pretty much guaranteed antelope tag, no changes there.

Whiffed on everything else. But this year I can work from the motorhome as long as In have 4G coverage so this season should be fun, even if it is all over the counter (for big game) plus upland and ducks.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yes,

I've been going to my leases every two to three weeks rather than monthly. Three to five days of isolation. Six miles in from the nearest paved road, and twenty miles from the nearest source of light pollution. Luvin' it.

Ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was planning to fly to New Hampshire on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a week of deer camp bonding with some of my high school friends, but I don't want to drive 2,800 miles and I don't feel comfortable flying commercial, so its a no go in 2020. Sadly, at my age, my classmates are dying on a regular basis, so every year might be the last year to gather the group for food, drinks, cards, and the occasional deer.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Lorin
I may take an extra two deer, just to stock up on pure, organic venison.

Yes. In a positive manner. Did not get to hunt much in November-December 2019 due to job responsibilities. Started a new job 6 weeks ago partially due to Covid. Now have 4 of the last 6 weeks of 2020 off. Will hunt the last 9 days of KY Whitetail in November. Goal is to top off freezer with WT does. Will also try canning some venison. Prodding my gang to set a date for annual duck hunt in western KY mid-to-late December. Fall squirrel season starts next Saturday. Looking forward to spending more time in the field this fall...

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Not a bit. Didn't make plans for this fall because of other obligstions. Kind of glad we didn't now. Took a little time to put in a food plot on the neighbors 150 that we hunt on. Hopefully it will pay off with better hunting this fall. Work has been balls to the wall and i haven't made it up to look it over since it was planted. Hell it might be baron.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
This pandemic may open up a great opportunity to go to Newfoundland moose hunting.

As there will be no US sports going this year, the prices are VERY good and the hunting pressure VERY low.It's only a skip from here to the ferry so an easy thing to do IF I can wrangle the time off work. The outfitter I talked to last night likes mid Sept to mid Oct for calling. It may just happen yet. smile

Got past a couple work hurdles today that might just clear the way to do this hunt in Newfoundland this fall. Looking very good!

I'd like to thank all you good folk from the US for staying home this fall and giving me this well deserved price break. There gonna be lots of moose and no hunters to shoot them. smile

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Stopped hunting a few years back. Love to shoot but at targets now. Even if I did hunt it would never have affected me, look where I live, 1 million acres of National Forest to get lost in.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We've been bow hunting on public land in a California national forest. Season starts Saturday. Son and I leave tomorrow to set up camp and set up a tree stand. Quadrunner is in the pickup, jug of Beam is in the food box. Sweet rolls, beans, sardines, cheese, salami and crackers in a dry, fire-less camp. Hope I don't shoot high this year, got a range finder for Christmas and been practicing.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my hunting is all done within 100 miles of home so i'm not affected. PA has increase the doe permits to the max and brought back concurrent seasons so this will probably be a blood bath year followed by crap for years afterwards. CWD is the excuse they are using for wanting all the deer dead. i guess that will cure it.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Zero.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I was planning to fly to New Hampshire on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a week of deer camp bonding with some of my high school friends, but I don't want to drive 2,800 miles and I don't feel comfortable flying commercial, so its a no go in 2020. Sadly, at my age, my classmates are dying on a regular basis, so every year might be the last year to gather the group for food, drinks, cards, and the occasional deer.

I'd take the plane - was forced into a couple of plane trips this year, it wasn't as bad as expected.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All Montana non-res hunts have been cancelled. Heard that Colorado will be honoring all out of state tags.

Grin.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Backroads
All Montana non-res hunts have been cancelled. Heard that Colorado will be honoring all out of state tags.

Grin.

Yep, Montana is locked down....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was out scouting turkeys on 4/4/ when my wife called and told me the govenor of KY had suspended non-res turkey permit sales. I'd been having great luck getting sound for my podcasts.

Drat. I'd had two nice ones already come up to my umbrella mic and try to make love to it. It was going to be an awesome season. All I could do was pack up and beat it back over the bridge to Ohio and cuss.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do most of my hunting on local, private or family land, so no, the fake pandemic has not altered my hunting plans.

Sam......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
my hunting is all done within 100 miles of home so i'm not affected. PA has increase the doe permits to the max and brought back concurrent seasons so this will probably be a blood bath year followed by crap for years afterwards. CWD is the excuse they are using for wanting all the deer dead. i guess that will cure it.

They increased the Doe tags by a grand total of 29,000 for the entire State; and concurrent seasons are only in CWD units. Outside of the first day I doubt if I see 10 hunters total and usually am out at least 10 days of the season.

Then again, it’s the hunters that buy the tags and do the killing. If there is a blood bath it is because the shooters are willing to make it so and the hell with years afterwards. Few ever want to turn that coin over. Some just can’t be happy with an average Buck, they have to shoot 3 Does also.

And another, ever notice the dedicated hunters most always fill out a tag, makes no difference if the numbers are up or down. Wonder why that is??...

29,000 extra tags for 700,000 mostly 2 day Deer hunters...the Does should come out fine...

Last edited by battue; 08/13/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I mentioned this in another post, we will still hunt here in South Louisiana, but we won't be gathering for Suppers at each others camps. I spoke with Ally this past weekend - that's normally where I eat supper and he said this year only immediate family in the camp this year, I told him I fully understood. we will gather for the hunt outside in the yard as needed.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yeah, its changing some of mine. I host a Dove hunt every year and it pretty much follows the old Southern tradition of having a cookout afterwards. But with 20 something friends and family members I have decided to fore go the cookout. It won't be the same.

lightman
A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm still waiting to see if my Newfoundland moose hunt is going to happen. It's scheduled for Sept 13th-20th. Hopefully the Canadian govt. will make a decision in the next week or so. Nothing like waiting until the last minute although I doubt it is going to happen.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,816
Posts18,496,463
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.