Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mark, crappy day for sure......albeit it on a small scale. Here in the District, we tend to have issue from time to time with considerably larger "Hoses" and I have a Good Ole Boy that genuinely doesn't mind wallowing in that shcittt to do repairs. He likes to crack jokes that "So and so had roast beef for dinner last night" all the time! LOL

Hope today is a better day!

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That cshit stinks. I hate emptying a travel trailer

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
One great side benny from doing a career in the military.
Pick up alot of different phrases of cussology from across the nation that have been passed down thru areas and time.

Almost an aquired skill.

Lol!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
That cshit stinks. I hate emptying a travel trailer

LOL!

Yeah, it does!

I'd use that treatment liquid, and when it was time to empty, I'd fill it about 3/4 with water, hook on, and take it for a wild, bumpy ride down a rough dirt road to stir the sediment up.

Then find a remote dirt road and open her up! sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Just higher a porta potty truck to take it away, if possible that is.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just dig a hole and use a plastic 55 gal drum as a septic tank.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My first year at elk camp Joe had a porta-potty in a tiny tent for the "facility"

As rookies, my brother and I had to dig the hole and empty the contents.

I vowed to never use nor be expected to dump that damn thing again.

I make my living at the dirty end of the cow, but human sewage is a whole different deal.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Years ago was working cattle, took a lick on the noggin from a cut gate, went down like a rock, four inches of soupy poop softened my landing. The help pulled me out, put me in the bed of the truck an hauled me to the local ER. Poor guys helping me thought I was dying with all the blood an bone showing, anyhow they slid me outta the truck on a gurney an rolled right in with cowchit still dripping off me. The er doc washed my head off put in 42 stiches an sent me home. Wife made me ride home in the back of the truck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When we had our trailer, I about never used the pot, a few times at night, #1. I find somewhere else to go, since I was the one servicing it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

When I was A boy we didn't have indoor plumbing, in the winter time we had chamber pots under the beds, we called them Thunder Mugs, It was my job to go around the house in the morning and take them to the out house and dump them then wash the Mug in the creek.

That was a cold, wet chitty, smelly job, I was a happy camper when my little brother got big enough to take over the job, and I got promoted to milking 3 cows twice a day, didn't take me long to learn to hate them damn cows, but not enough to go back to the thunder mug job. Rio7

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have a welder’s cap same pattern.

You wear panties fer weldin'?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One time my parents came through with their motor home as they were ending a long trip. Dad needed to dump the tanks so he, my BIL and I hopped in and ran to town. Dad hooked up the hose and pulled the handle. Or he THOUGHT he hooked up the hose. He was on his knees in front of the drain when the hose came off and he got the full blast in the belly. We hosed him off good but that didn't take out the smell. We made him ride way in the back until we got home where his clean clothes were just coming out of out drier.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn Mark it ain't funny but it is!

I'll admit to having a day or two like that but that's as far as I'm going, for today you win brother.

I sure hope you clean up good before next weekend.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Since we are living on our property in our travel trailer, we have been using a “honey tote” to empty the black tank and go to a local State Park to dump at the dump station.
Today I drainEd the black tank and then used my tractor with forks to put the “honey tote” into the bed of my truck.
Off we went to the Park dump station.

That was the end of the good times.
First, the plastic wheels on the back of the tote broke off when my better half attempted to push the tote sideways in the bed of the truck.
Then the hose connection broke a locking hook off and started leaking when I tipped the hose down to dump. Tip it back up, tape the connection together and go back to dumping. Hahahah, then the hose connection on the bottom of the tote blew. Sewage everywhere!
Grab the tote as it’s pouring 27 gallons of sewage on the tailgate and me.
GrabBed the sonnuvabitch anD threw it off the tailgate into the dump splashwell.
There was a guy there filling his Igloo barrel cooler with potable water. He lasted until the schit started running off the tailgate. He grabbed his partially filled cooler and boogied.
My mesh running shoes got tossed in the trash, and so did the shorts and shirt I was wearing.
It took three scrub downs in the shower to get the stink off.
So, who can beat that one for a schitty day?

All I can do when things like this occur is say, "Some day we'll laugh about this."

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7

When I was A boy we didn't have indoor plumbing, in the winter time we had chamber pots under the beds, we called them Thunder Mugs, It was my job to go around the house in the morning and take them to the out house and dump them then wash the Mug in the creek.

That was a cold, wet chitty, smelly job, I was a happy camper when my little brother got big enough to take over the job, and I got promoted to milking 3 cows twice a day, didn't take me long to learn to hate them damn cows, but not enough to go back to the thunder mug job. Rio7

RIO,

somehow I get the impression you're not one of them guys that wants to go back to

The Good Old Days.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cowdoc
My first year at elk camp Joe had a porta-potty in a tiny tent for the "facility"

As rookies, my brother and I had to dig the hole and empty the contents.

I vowed to never use nor be expected to dump that damn thing again.

I make my living at the dirty end of the cow, but human sewage is a whole different deal.

Renegade mentioned expressions from all over he learned in the military.

I learned one of them, your story reminded me of it. When someone is stretching the truth a bit, he's say

"That's richer than three feet up a bulls ass."

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey, I just hit 18K posts.

don't I get a lollipop or something like at the dentist?

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cowdoc

Haha

I was talking to a guy that works at the local landfill and for a cattle farmer part time. I asked him how he can stand the smell of hot rotting garbage all day. He replied "you get used to it." Then he said, "ya know what gets me, is human chidt. I can't stomach that smell! Hell! I can sit in a manure pile and eat my lunch but I'll puke at the smell of someone else's chidt!"

I had to agree with him.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.