Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
ctw Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Hoping for contact info for a person that sells antique sights. My foggy memory says maybe last name bean? I need a front sight for a whitney kenedy.

Thanks Chris

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe try Gary Fellers in Fort Worth Texas?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For a Whitney-Kennedy, you might ask on www.levergun.com/forums in the "Classified" area, or just on the "Discussions" part, or both. If I remember correctly there are guys on there that own W-Ks, and may have parts or know of a source. That's tough one if you're looking for a factory sight, I think. But somebody may know what aftermarket sight would be "period correct."

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
Maybe try Gary Fellers in Fort Worth Texas?

This may be a stupid question but is Fellers still around? I remember doing business with him 25-years ago.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He was around a year or 2 ago. He was asking what I had for sale, so he still seemed like he was going along well.
Yes, old and I did pray with him a time or 2 on the phone at his request. A nice old guy for sure!

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Kenny Bean 717-755-9070

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Kenny Bean 717-755-9070

HE's the BEST.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wouldn't do business with Gary Fellers if he were the last guy in the world who had any sights. The guy will tell you what a wonderful example of the sight you're seeking he has. He'll take your money and go shopping for the sight, if it takes too long and you call him about it he'll have a million excuses. BTDT many years ago, never did business with him after that.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Kenny Bean 717-755-9070

The sight man.....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I used to live close to Ken Bean, and remember when he started out selling sights to pay for his hobby. We locals depended on him a lot back then. Last time I saw him, maybe a year ago, he was making noises about getting out of the game. He's gotta be in his 80's now, and getting tired of the hassle. I wouldn't wait too long to call about a sight.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I wouldn't do business with Gary Fellers if he were the last guy in the world who had any sights. The guy will tell you what a wonderful example of the sight you're seeking he has. He'll take your money and go shopping for the sight, if it takes too long and you call him about it he'll have a million excuses. BTDT many years ago, never did business with him after that.

Back in the 1990's I bought a few sights and scopes from Mr. Fellers at the big summer gun show in Kansas City. All of the transaction were done face to face.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So you dealt with him FTF so what, the guy's still a dikhead crook. You don't want to send any money to him for the reason I cited in my post.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dealt with Mr Bean a few times in person. He has to be up there by now.

He could get you almost anything. Great Friendly guy.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Dealt with Ken "The Sight Man" quite a few times. He came through with sights for my Savage 1919 .22 rifle. Last time I saw him was at 2019 fall York Pa. show. Believe he lives in York. He would also be at all of the Forks of the Delaware shows in Allentown, Pa.. He is getting up there in age. Always has a nice display and variety of sights at the shows. Very nice guy, hope he is well.

Last edited by monty852; 08/08/20.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I can second what gunswizard said I dealt with Fellers years ago sent him a good sum of money for a sight he said he had . It was eight weeks and several phone calls and no sight I actually called gun list because that's how I found out about him through an ad . Told them either I get my money back or the sight told them I wasn't dealing with him anymore eight weeks and no sight and he cashed my check ridiculous .

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gary Fellers has an unscrupulous reputation as a guy who promises but may or may not come through. Many times he'll take your money and then go shopping for the item he's promised you. Sometimes the wait can amount to several weeks, when you call he always has an excuse. His business acumen leaves a lot to be desired.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Yes I had several phone calls with him until I finally told him either he sends me my money back or the sight and he hung up on me so that did it with me

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Not a way to do business in my opinion

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I bought a 1st variation long slide Lyman 48 for a 1903 Springfield from Fellers once. Called him, he said he can fix me up, sent him a check and a week or so later the sight was in my hands in better condition than I was expecting. Maybe because I laughed and joked with him a bit instead of poking him, but he probably had the sight in hand anyway.

I've gotten most of the Lyman 30 1/2's I use from Ken. Last time I saw him I needed a couple specific height Unertl scope blocks that required me rooting through his assortment with a dial caliper for 20 minutes. His reply when it came time to pay: "you spent enough with me over the last 40 years, just put them in your pocket."

When we were building/restoring British sports cars, our "test track" ran past his house. He remembered seeing (hearing) me blast past a few times, but the last time I asked him about that he didn't remember.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
So you dealt with him FTF so what, the guy's still a dikhead crook. You don't want to send any money to him for the reason I cited in my post.

OK, you had a bad mail-order transaction experience with him, 'sorry to hear it, but nothing that I wrote suggested that your experience was anything other than what you claim, so I don't see why your reply seems so agitated.

I have heard/read negative reviews of Mr. Fellers' business practices and probably won't buy from him via mail-order, but my F2F transactions with him that happened over a decade ago were fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,971
Posts18,480,674
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.