-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been in Calgary's Bonnybrook sewage treatment plant, including the building where the effluent first enters the plant. That is by far the worst smelling location. The effluent goes onto tables where the condoms and tampons etc gets sorted out. Kind of gross, but the smell is manageable.

After surgery, I was on an antibiotic, that the longer I was on it, the worse my digestive system functioned. One night I was semi comatose in bed and thought I farted. No biggy. Later I had gas again and woke up more fully to realize that the bedding was damp. I got up and I couldn't stop it. A trail of liquid crap across the bedroom carpet to the ensuite where I managed to pretty much hit all four walls and cover the floor with the crap. Smelled like some sort of sick animal. Probably took me 2-3 hours, trying to not put weight on my surgically repaired foot, to clean up. My wife gets up and asks what's that smell. Why didn't I wake her up? Well I was plumb embarrassed for one thing.

Sure was glad to say good bye to the antibiotic.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I wrote stay out of my shiet on a old igloo cooler and left it in the back of the truck for the game warden in the J.W. Corbett WMA. The game warden was always screwing with us cause he knew our ways. After the cooler ordeal he never looked in another cooler at our camp. Sure wish there was game cameras years ago.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Always lovely to run across a pile out in the woods that someone didn't even have the common decency to bury, eh?

I know , My dog just ate a Mexican diaper full of schit hiking. terrible breath for days

Helped a buddy move to MT years ago. Everyone went out in his truck including his little lab/pit cross. Got out at one of them beautiful lookout points they had in the area, enjoying the vista, little dog runnin around in the bushes. Time to get back in the rig and move on to the next one. Where's that dog.

Comes out of the bushes and all of us smelled it at the same time. Little fugger had found a dukie someone left there and rolled in it. Had to ride in the back of the truck, we didn't have THAT much water with us to clean him up. Was a little chilly for him with that short fur.

Some things one never forgets.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7
Valsdad, I've become a big fan of indoor plumbing, my horse trailer had living quarters, and a black water tank, when it needed to be emptied, I would open the valve and drive around a 100 acre cow pasture then fill it with water and that good smelling stuff and make another trip, worked for me for years, never caused any problems. Rio7

As long as the cows didn't mind!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.

20 years ago, a guy that worked for me had his in-laws come to visit in an RV with a full tank. Mark told his FIL that he would help him dump it into the PVC clean out pipe for his septic line when he got home. FIL would not wait. Found the PVC "clean out" pipe and dumped the full load ... into an external fill pipe for the cistern. Took Mark three days to pump out, scrub, and sanitize his cistern...

That FIL is an ass of the first order!

Yeah,

but maybe them pipes might have been labeled somehow too?

In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of when I was in first grade and VERY unsophisticated, having never had any interaction with other kids until then. Anyway, some of the big boys (probably 3-4 graders) got togather with me and taught me a joke about Johnnyfuggerfaster, I'm sure most of you remember him. I didn't understand a word of it but they all laughed and laughed so I figured it must be funny . They told me to make sure I told it to the class when it started after recess. Well, I did that to my sorrow, first trip to the principal's office, almost got the paddle but he figured out what was going on and let me go. The big boys got in trouble big time from what I heard later.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Valsdad, I've become a big fan of indoor plumbing, my horse trailer had living quarters, and a black water tank, when it needed to be emptied, I would open the valve and drive around a 100 acre cow pasture then fill it with water and that good smelling stuff and make another trip, worked for me for years, never caused any problems. Rio7
Right on, Blue. Living way out in the forest with some acreage, this works fine - prompts a tad more wild grass for the elk.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.

20 years ago, a guy that worked for me had his in-laws come to visit in an RV with a full tank. Mark told his FIL that he would help him dump it into the PVC clean out pipe for his septic line when he got home. FIL would not wait. Found the PVC "clean out" pipe and dumped the full load ... into an external fill pipe for the cistern. Took Mark three days to pump out, scrub, and sanitize his cistern...

That FIL is an ass of the first order!

Mark was the kinda guy that would probably be laffing about it today. But, yeah, he was not real pleased at the time...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When i was welding offshore, the chit line to the omnipure stopped up.

Didnt help it was 30 years old.

only thing to do was torch cut a random whole in the line to find the plug.

chit stinks.

Hot chit is worse.

Plus it came out like a snickers bar.... complete with peanuts.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
When i was welding offshore, the chit line to the omnipure stopped up.

Didnt help it was 30 years old.

only thing to do was torch cut a random whole in the line to find the plug.

chit stinks.

Hot chit is worse.

Plus it came out like a snickers bar.... complete with peanuts.

A good excuse for chumming?

Big wahoo and tuna come after the smaller "peanut feeders"?

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mmmm corn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was on a jackup. 300' water depth.

Very rarely could we get in the bluewater.

no tuna,

older platforms were snapper magnets.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.