-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s true Covid can be lethal to some individuals, but the idea a mask will save everybody forever is a fantasy. You can’t protect people from every doorknob, surface, or gas handle.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by hatari
It’s true Covid can be lethal to some individuals, but the idea a mask will save everybody forever is a fantasy. You can’t protect people from every doorknob, surface, or gas handle.

This times 1 billion^^^... It’s unfortunate that some fools will believe anything they’re told.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

You can die from a doorknob?

PLEASE DONT MAKE THAT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE OUTSIDE OF 24 HC.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not going to give anyone schit about wearing or not wearing a mask.

I wear a mask because its required at the grocery, home depot and tractor supply. That is the only 3 places I go. Any restaurants I go to have outside dining and we do that without a mask.

My wife teaches at a school. She starts next week, she works with special needs kids - kids that wear a diaper,can't blow their nose or wash their hands - much less wear a mask. Its going to be interesting to see how that falls out about 3 weeks in.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The article by the OP suggests there is "unanimity" among those in Europe that "their" response is right, and ours is wrong. Except there is not "their" response, because every country there has their own rules, and there is no "our" response, as every state has it's own rules.

I've spoken with people in Europe and Singapore just this last weekend, and some are skeptical about the government response. My old friend in Singapore is basically home bound, on the 23rd floor of a high rise, with his mother in law, and is very limited in where he can go, though they do have outdoor restaurants open. Infections there are very low, but he seemed perplexed when I asked how long they were going to keep people locked up.

The virus is not going to go away, not until we've all had it. So lets get on with it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
It's like a 450 pound woman... smoking like a chimney... open diabetes lesions on her arms and legs...

In a stark raving panic that she is going to die from the bite of a King Cobra.

And that, my friends, is possibly the best analogy I've yet seen on this whole ridiculous COVID 'pandemic' response.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
US testing is a bad joke at best; no better than a 40% accuracy rate & every positive being called a "case" & considered as active.

As long as that goes on, C-19 will never "go away".

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's the Associated Press. And, it's Italy.

Pure bulshit.

What else would you expect?

As Tucker says, EVERYTHING that happens in an election year is related to the election. Period.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Springcove
Bentquick is a sock puppet and an POS COMMIE TROLL..

He supports BLM and ANTIFA calling conservative bleck Patriots racoons.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schlongs like BenDick the OP post crap like this as a passive-aggressive shot at the Right, but how so?

How would President Hillary done it differently? We locked the country down completely for 5+ weeks and continue to have restrictions on everything from school to entertainment. I promise President Hillary would have done what the Europeans do because she is a globalist. News flash! Trump did what the globalist Europeans did too. Maybe some countries locked completely down a week or so earlier, maybe they remain somewhat more restrictive in SOME, but we are now the same as they are. A country of misinformed mask wearing conformists afraid of our own shadows and witnessing a major health event and are about to experience seismic changes in our country, economy and society that will have been made worse by the politicization of a health crisis.

2021 will see business bankruptcies large scale. Airlines, rental cars, hotels, commercial real estate will all suffer. There will be chronic 8-12% unemployment to deal with from that. Wages and earnings will drop.

Good news? Illegal immigration will slow if there are no jobs here.

People will flee the urban scene of trendy loft apartments and celebrity chef restaurants and live outside the urban sprawl and work remotely. Business travel will basically cease. Cities will struggle after the working chic flee. Back to the urban decay of the ‘60s and ‘70s.

So the more restrictive the policies are over the next 6-12 months will determine how hard the economic fall will in many sectors of the economy. Lefties, of course don’t see it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Schongs like BenDick the OP post crap like this as a passive-aggressive shot at the Right, but how so?

How would President Hillary done it differently? We locked the country down completely for 5+ weeks and continue to have restrictions on everything from school to entertainment. I promise President Hillary would have done what the Europeans do because she is a globalist. News flash! Trump did what the globalist Europeans did too. Maybe some countries locked completely down a week or so earlier, maybe they remain somewhat more restrictive in SOME, but we are now the same as they are. A country of misinformed mask wearing conformists afraid of our own shadows and witnessing a major health event and are about to experience seismic changes in our country, economy and society that will have been made worse by the politicization of a health crisis.

2021 will see business bankruptcies large scale. Airlines, rental cars, hotels, commercial real estate will all suffer. There will be chronic 8-12% unemployment to deal with from that. Wages and earnings will drop.

People will flee the urban scene of trendy loft apartments and celebrity chef restaurants and live outside the urban sprawl and work remotely. Business travel will basically cease. Cities will struggle after the working chic flee. Back to the urban decay of the ‘60s and ‘70s.

So the more restrictive the policies are over the next 6-12 months will determine how hard the economic fall will in many sectors of the economy. Lefties, of course don’t see it.

That sir is a very astute observation.

My speculation is that the vast majority of people including conservatives have no idea of the pain and suffering that is coming to America with the economic gyrations we are about to commence.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by benquick
ROME (AP) — The United States’ failure to contain the spread of the coronavirus has been met with astonishment and alarm in Europe, as the world’s most powerful country edges closer to a global record of 5 million confirmed infections.

Perhaps nowhere outside the U.S. is America’s bungled virus response viewed with more consternation than in Italy, which was ground zero of Europe’s epidemic. Italians were unprepared when the outbreak exploded in February and the country still has one of the world’s highest official death tolls at 35,000.

But after a strict nationwide 10-week lockdown, vigilant tracing of new clusters and general acceptance of mask mandates and social distancing, Italy has become a model of virus containment.

“Don’t they care about their health?” a mask-clad Patrizia Antonini asked about people in the United States as she walked with friends along the banks of Lake Bracciano, north of Rome. “They need to take our precautions ... They need a real lockdown.”

Much of the incredulity in Europe stems from the fact that America had the benefit of time, European experience and medical know-how to treat the virus that the continent itself didn’t have when the first COVID-19 patients started filling intensive care units. Yet, more than four months into a sustained outbreak, the U.S. is about to hit an astonishing milestone of 5 million confirmed infections, easily the highest in the world. Health officials believe the actual number is closer to 50 million, given testing limitations and the fact that as many as 40% of all cases are asymptomatic.

“We Italians always saw America as a model,” said Massimo Franco, columnist with daily Corriere della Sera. “But with this virus we’ve discovered a country that is very fragile, with bad infrastructure and a public health system that is nonexistent.”

Italian Health Minister Roberto Speranza hasn’t shied away from criticizing the U.S., officially condemning as “wrong” Washington’s decision to withhold funding from the World Health Organization and marveling personally at President Donald Trump’s virus response.

After Trump finally donned a protective mask last month, Speranza told La7 television: “I’m not surprised by Trump’s behavior now; I’m profoundly surprised by his behavior before.”

With America’s list-leading 160,000 dead, politicized resistance to masks and rising caseload, European nations have barred American tourists and visitors from other countries with growing cases from freely traveling to the bloc.

France and Germany are now imposing tests on arrival for travelers from “at risk” countries, the U.S. included.

“I am very well aware that this impinges on individual freedoms, but I believe that this is a justifiable intervention,” German Health Minister Jens Spahn said in announcing the tests last week.

Mistakes were made in Europe, too, from delayed lockdowns to insufficient protections for nursing home elderly and critical shortages of tests and protective equipment for medical personnel.

The virus is still raging in some Balkan countries and thousands of maskless protesters demanded an end to virus restrictions in Berlin earlier this month. Hard-hit Spain, France and Germany have seen infection rebounds with new cases topping 1,000 a day, and Italy’s cases inched up over 500 on Friday. The U.K. is still seeing an estimated 3,700 new infections daily, and some scientists say the country’s beloved pubs might have to close again if schools are to reopen in September without causing a new wave.

In the U.S., new cases run at about 54,000 a day — an immensely higher number even when taking into account its larger population. And while that’s down from a peak of well over 70,000 last month, cases are rising in nearly 20 states, and deaths are climbing in most.

In contrast, at least for now Europe appears to have the virus somewhat under control.

“Had the medical professionals been allowed to operate in the States, you would have belatedly gotten to a point of getting to grips with this back in March,” said Scott Lucas, professor of international studies at the University of Birmingham, England. “But of course, the medical and public health professionals were not allowed to proceed unchecked,” he said, referring to Trump’s frequent undercutting of his own experts.

When the virus first appeared in the United States, Trump and his supporters quickly dismissed it as either a “hoax” or a virus that would quickly disappear once warmer weather arrived. At one point, Trump suggested that ultraviolet light or injecting disinfectants would eradicate the virus. (He later said he was being facetious).

Trump’s frequent complaints about Dr. Anthony Fauci have regularly made headlines in Europe, where the U.S. infectious diseases expert is a respected eminence grise. Italy’s leading COVID-19 hospital offered Fauci a job if Trump fired him.

Trump has defended the U.S. response, blaming China, where the virus was first detected, for America’s problems and saying the U.S. numbers are so high because there is so much testing. Trump supporters and Americans who have refused to wear masks against all medical advice back that line.

‪“There’s no reason to fear any sickness that’s out there,” said Julia Ferjo, a mother of three in Alpine, Texas, who says she is “vehemently” against wearing a mask. ‪Ferjo, 35, teaches fitness classes in a large gym with open doors, where she doesn’t allow participants to wear masks.

‪“When you’re breathing that hard, I would pass out,” she said. “I do not want people just dropping like flies.”

And health officials watched with alarm as thousands of bikers gathered Friday in the small South Dakota city of Sturgis for a 10-day motorcycle rally. The state has no mask mandates and many bikers expressed defiance of measures meant to prevent the virus’s spread.

Dr. David Ho, director of the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, who is leading a team seeking treatments for COVID-19, decried such behavior, as well as the country’s handling of the virus.

“There’s no national strategy, no national leadership and there’s no urging for the public to act in unison and carry out the measures together,” he said. “That’s what it takes and we have completely abandoned that as a nation.”

When he gets on Zoom calls with counterparts from around the globe, “Everyone cannot believe what they’re seeing in the U.S. and they cannot believe the words coming out of the leadership,” he said.

Even the European Commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, has taken the unusual step of criticizing the U.S. when she urged Washington to reconsider its decision to break ties with the WHO. She also issued veiled criticism of U.S. efforts to buy up stocks of any vaccine that might prove effective, vowing the EU will work to provide access to everyone “irrespective of where they live.”

Many Europeans point proudly to their national health care systems that not only test but treat COVID-19 for free, unlike the American system where the virus crisis has only exacerbated income and racial inequalities in accessing health care.

“The coronavirus has brutally stripped bare the vulnerability of a country that has been sliding for years,” wrote Italian author Massimo Gaggi in his new book “Crack America” (Broken America) about U.S. problems that long predated COVID.

Gaggi said he started writing the book last year and thought then that the title would be taken as a provocative wake-up call. Then the virus hit.

“By March the title wasn’t a provocation any longer,” he said. “It was obvious.”

___

Pane reported from Boise, Idaho. AP reporters from around Europe contributed.

Hey leftard idiot, Italy has widespread use of Hydroxychloroquine, available over the counter cheap and given free to those who can't pay for it. Take every one of your leftist retard posts and shove them up your @ss.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
#1, In the United States, positive tests and deaths are being vastly exaggerated.

The actual numbers are probably 1/3 of what is being reported.
We have all listened to first hand reports of people who never took the test, but got positive test reports, and Doctors being ask/told/threatened to lie on death certificates.

#2 90% of the news being reported is bull chit, and few if any know how to sort fact from fiction.
At any given time, one can find a dozen ”News Stories” by so called “Experts” that present conflicting opinions as facts.

#3 Europe needs to understand that most of the world consider them idiots and do not care what they say or think.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Schongs like BenDick the OP post crap like this as a passive-aggressive shot at the Right, but how so?

That sir is a very astute observation.

My speculation is that the vast majority of people including conservatives have no idea of the pain and suffering that is coming to America with the economic gyrations we are about to commence.

I forgot to mention the end of how many restaurants? That business is tough with 100% of tables open and impossible on 50%. What happens when cold weather closes patio outdoor dining?

Big indoor Malls are doomed. They’ve been suffering but I can’t see them surviving. That’s big chunks of real estate empty for a long time.

All this stimulus money, we’re talking Trillions, usually means inflation.

Hawaii will be an economic mess. 61% of all business in Maui reported ZERO income for April. All tourist related from hotels and restaurants to surfing and excursions. 26% fir all of Hawaii in April.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We should listen to the Italians. They run a tremendously successful country! Their accomplishments include:

Uuuhhh...

Hhmmm. I'll have to get back to y'all later on that.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder how many people actually bother to look up the European stats? My bet is not many. If you go to the European Center for Disease Control (ECDC) and look at the stats you find something pretty eye opening. First off you see a lot more cases in what they classify as the "America's" and this can be mostly chalked up to the USA doing a lot more testing that every other nation. More testing, more positive results. See the following:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

Cases have been reported from: America: 10 615 855 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are United States (4 998 017), Brazil (3 012 412), Mexico (475 902), Peru (471 012) and Colombia (376 870).

Europe: 3 061 264 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are Russia (882 347), Spain (314 362), United Kingdom (309 763), Italy (250 103) and Germany (215 891).

One thing to note is that the ECDC includes Russia in the European count and only a fool would believe any figures that Russia provides. Russia has never given true numbers on anything. Be that as it may, the USA does show more cases than Europe but not by a really huge number 4,998,017 compared to 3,062,264 which makes sense due to the aforementioned increase in testing.

However that isn't the important stat. The important stat is the deaths. For that I invite you to the following:

Deaths have been reported from: America: 389 793 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United States (162 425), Brazil (100 477), Mexico (52 006), Peru (20 844) and Colombia (12 540).

Europe: 207 215 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United Kingdom (46 566), Italy (35 203), France (30 324), Spain (28 503) and Russia (14 854).

Take a moment and really look at the figures. The USA has more cases but it has lower deaths. That means Europe is doing much worse because their mortality rate is much higher per capita which means it is much more dangerous to be infected in Europe than in the USA. And once again look at the Russian figures, they don't jive with the rest of the areas numbers which probably means they are skewed or false.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

How about the fact that wearing a mask provides no protection at all.

Period.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dess
I thought the focus was flatten the curve and only essential services. Did that. Keep wearing masks and we can reopen. Did that. We need a vaccine. In tests now.

Then they moved the goalpost....again....and again.

The virus, though nasty and sometimes fatal isn't the enemy. The enemy are those who use it to control the citizens.

Yeah everybody seems to forget the “flatten the curve” bullschit they used to scare everyone to death.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
We should listen to the Italians. They run a tremendously successful country! Their accomplishments include:

Uuuhhh...

Hhmmm. I'll have to get back to y'all later on that.

La Cosa Nostra & Mannlicher-Carcano rifes?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.