Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I do and have done my handloading in my shop since 2003 and in a small shed before that. I totally agree with what JB said regarding storing primers and powder. I've never had any problems with stuff going bad. I have some primers that are 20 years old too. Powder never gets a chance to get that old, as I go through that pretty quickly.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What do you keep in the Folgers cans?
Do one pound canisters fit in them?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I reload in the garage which is attached an insulated. Installed a window a/c unit for the summer and have a forced air heater for winter. Store bullets and brass in the garage and powder and primers are stored in a closet in the house along with loaded ammo. My setup doesn't look as neat as some of yours though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Concur. WAY too neat. 😮

My loading room where I keep all my tools, bench, bullets, etc is in one of two 8’X12’ storage rooms off the garage...not climate controlled and it gets pretty warm during the summer and a bit chilly in the winter. I keep my powder and primers in an inside closet.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You can get big ass desiccant containers or hangers to help out a bit.

L
LGB Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I have a RV travel set that I made back in 1989. It is complete with all parts to neck size only and it is stored in a box of 3X4X8 inches. https://i.postimg.cc/44KDXzz5/Reloader-2009.png

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where I reload:
In the reloading room, lots of presses, but mostly two co-ax presses are used
At my desk [converted typewriter desk on wheels] mostly two RCBS Partner presses are used
In the camper mostly two RCBS Partner presses are used
In the vehicle mostly two RCBS Partner presses are used
At my friend's house when hunting. What ever clunky old rock chucker has no die in it at the time

But the shop where I build rifles has dedicated areas:
Metal chips
Wood chips
spray painting

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
What do you keep in the Folgers cans?
Do one pound canisters fit in them?

I'm not bsa, but coffee cans are a nifty place for brass among other things.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice set up LBG. I have the Lee hand press and when I have needed a few rounds I have sometimes loaded them at my office desk, (home office! grin )

I made my own take down system when we lived in a medium sized mobile home with no possible place to mount/place a reloading press.

I drilled holes in a clear fir 2x6 to mount an RCBS press on one end of the board, which was six feet long. Lay the board on the kitchen table with the holes just past the edge, preferably close above a strong supporting table leg. A large C-clamp secured the other end of the board to the table, then bolt on the press. I used wing nuts and washers to secure the press to the 2x6.

Screw a die in the press and start reloading. Take down requires a minute or three to remove two wing nuts and release one C-clamp. Set up might take five minutes the first time.

When not in use the 2x6 stands on end in a clothes closet, with press, dies etc. in a plastic tub. I still have that board.

When we moved to a big city downtown apartment for a year I used the same set up. Nothing permanent but quick, easy and efficient reloading. Will admit I LOVED it when we bought a house and I set up a skookum bench with permanently mounted presses.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Related, I'll be moving a loaded Liberty gun safe to a generally unheated Montana shop building next year, with the usual low humidity of this region.
Are there any condensation/rust issues I should be particularly alert for, like on those days when I bring a chilled rifle into the house or turn on a heater near an opened safe? Likewise the scopes, some of which are vintage?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 50 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,516
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.