Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Most of you are missing the obvious risk....

Some Karen calling the cops for some stupid reason...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Might happen, for sure...one reason I carry my wallet and permit OPPOSITE the side with the gun...so when I reach to get it out....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Guy explained it to me once.. Concealed carry is for protection. Open carry is for attention.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Open Carry is State Law in Ark.

Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

It's been legal here for a while, I never do so in town.

In Town is where I need it.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Open carry, or concealed carry.
They are both detailed in my Bible clearly.
God has given His people the rights that we have to have the means to defend against harm of self, family and community.

I could name a handful of police/sheriff that are honorable. They've gone against the corrupt system to stand for protecting people's rights. I support and applaud their stands. It nearly cost one friend his life. His co-workers conspired to get rid of him.... permanently.
He ended up with serious injuries. He nearly died.
He and my fellow laborers in liberty believe the same. NO permission needed from the gt employees. They should see themselves as public servants, not the masters to usurp their will over those of Christ.

Then to answer the question of whether the uniformed public servants will support us against supreme tyranny? The following was proven to be a sad realization. It also demonstrates a wonderful miracle on this very subject.
I taught combat, hand to hand and small weapons.
My students need not fear the violent common thieves or rapists. They had more risk from the ungodly laws that tie their hands from legally carrying a weapon for defense. Theyd likely be arrested and thrown into cages.

I prayed for the ability to carry any weapon, for my trained students and fellow countrymen of this wicked state over run with evil in high places.
God answered my prayers to grant our state the free exercise of the rights that He gave us to have the means to defend ourselves with whatever weapon of our choosing. .... Including NO PERMISSION SLIPS NECESSARY from the servants.

First:
Prayer according to James 5:16-18

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.". https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/James-Chapter-5/
Second:
The legislation was introduced by a rare honorable congressman that God raised up.
Third:
The battle.... spiritual battle by Satan's demons spilled over into his physical servants.
The police, sheriffs and deputies all over the state fought it and lobbied AGAINST US with all their might and money that they stole from us!
This showed us what kind of "men" they were.

Guess what?
Conclusion:
The LORD still gave us the victory!!!
We the people can carry any weapon we choose without them having legal means to throw us in a cage! Praise the Lord from the top of my lungs on the spiritual battlefield against tyranny!!!

No, I'll never calm down or take my liberty for granted.
It's because of God's intervention that we don't live like communist china.
We've lost so much and act like its no big deal.
I have seen victory in my state on this issue. If I were in your shoes, I'd be memorizing and seeking the details of what may work in your states.
But just like I've been told.

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand..."

IC B2

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Open carry is legal here, even (so far as the state is concerned) in a bar, with the bartender's consent. I've never seen anyone enter a bar wearing openly, but twice while discussing guns bartenders have asked me to bring one in so they could check it out. Interestingly, carrying concealed in a bar without a CCW carries a lesser potential sentence, than doing so if you have the CCW. Maybe on the assumption you should know better?

Dale

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by navlav8r
It’s legal here. The INTENT of “open carry” here was to prevent prosecution of someone that is attempting to carry concealed and their weapon is inadvertently exposed as it might be when reaching for something on the top shelf at a store.

It used to be a crime in Florida to accidentally expose your concealed handgun that way. About five years ago, maybe more, the law was changed so that momentary, unintended, displays of the firearm in the holster are no longer prosecutable.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EMoore
Guy explained it to me once.. Concealed carry is for protection. Open carry is for attention.

Seen a man in Lowes while back, open carry 1911, maybe Lucchese boots, spurs. Haha. Had some of those blue jeans that chicks wear with the sparkly rhinestones on the hind end, mullet, obese medium sized mutt/mix dog on a leash.
His significant other came around the corner (a female) looked like wannabe faith hill. Jeans just about matched.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
CC carry is what I prefer. I usually have a Glock 43X or 26 in my front pocket at all times, and if I'm going out some place and wearing a nice collard fishing shirt I'll stick a Glock 19 on my back hip as backup. I look for old men walking around with their shirt tails out and assume that they are armed. People that open carry around here look like jackoffs and take my attention away from my environment. My thinking is you should at least try to attempt to conceal your pistol, but to each their own.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Good enough for this guy......Just saying...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I respect the opinions of those that think otherwise, but I don’t believe carrying open truly makes you the proverbial target #1 in most self defense cases. Your lack of situational awareness is what makes you the target first and foremost in my opinion. Watch the videos, and a common theme is head in phones, or paying no attention to there surroundings at all. Your a easy target then. We all have lapses in our awareness of surroundings for sure. When I’m at a local country market I can tell I sometimes am not paying enough attention and catch myself with back to the door. Won’t catch me doing that in a city for sure. Wife thinks I’m paranoid. Maybe I am

The odds any of us end up in a self defense situation with a pistol is unlikely at best. You don’t get to chose when it happens though if it does. So I carry all the time when I’m not at work( prohibited at work unfortunately). In doing so I feel that for me personally, and the places I would typically go open carrying, I am better served open carry with shorts and a t shirt that fits comfortably than wear concealed in a baggy shirt.

I also carry a vertex edc pack a lot. With 3 Young kids lots to carry it seems. I found I couldn’t get the pistol out in under 5 seconds with it from my back.Just didn’t work that great at primary carry. I still keep either extra mags or a 2nd pistol in the bag depending on what I’m carrying on body.

I piss a lot of meth heads and pill junkies off at work regularly. So maybe I am a little paranoid.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Uh, what the actual hell is going on in this thread?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I've never cared about how someone carried but, when the pistola comes out of the holster
you've got my UTMOST attention!!!!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Happened to a group of co-workers in the 90's.
Karen, was an off duty cop.
Roadblock felony stop was the result.
Funny, it made the paper, made the responding cops look stupid.

Guy with gun was a really rough looking, and acting dude.
But, totally legal. And cut loose

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Here in north Idaho I see open carry a handful of times a week. Back in the Texas hill country I see about zero.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
In Wyoming it is legal as long as you can legally own a gun. No permit needed. Some carry open, most do not but if you do no one pays much attention.

Last edited by ENorton; 08/11/20.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by billhilly
Good grief. Some are acting like the only way to safely carry is to keep it in a pistol safe inside a backpack to keep those nefarious creepers from snatching it. I’m going to keep using my Summer Special and if my shirt rides up while I’m reaching for a box of crackers on the bottom shelf at the grocery store, I guess I’ll just have to endure the horror.

Yep, rarely have the owb on, but don't care about the iwb getting shown. It's hot as [bleep], I'm not wearing much, so it's not hard to figure out there's a gun or two hiding out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Thanks For the update Chisos.

TX treats your truck as home right? You can keep one there?

Otherwise a rifle rack in the window would require a CCW, or so it seems

Texas Castle Doctrine extends to your vehicle. Unfortunately, the legislature still doesn't have its act together on this as, if they haven't changed it, it's still not legal to display a weapon while in your truck. You can have, with a permit , a pistol in a holster on your belt, but you can't have a pistol sitting on your dashboard. I know, it's a little goofy. There was always a hard line between carrying a pistol and having a rifle/shotgun in your vehicle. When I was a kid, wasn't a truck went by that didn't have a rifle and/or shotgun/s hanging in the back window.

Last edited by Chisos; 08/12/20.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,866
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.