Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Lennie: I would NOT do that job there in Seattle (which I did, gleefully, for 29 years!) for ANY amount of money!
PERIOD.
The Police Department there nowadays is nothing but a "whipping boy" and a glorified bunch of baby-sitters and treated by the mayor, many "citizens" and the city council as "the enemy"!
Let that schithole, of a communist bastion, of a city rot, for all I care.
Its been bad for a long time but over the past 5 - 8 years it has gotten horrific, dangerous and unsustainable.
My advice to you and other taxingtonians (Washingtonians) is GTF outta there, and fast, before falling property values and rising taxes cripple you - or worse you are injured or killt by the cretins running rampant in that once wonderful area/region.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Overtime is magic. For most of 12 years I spent close to 6months/year away from home, some times 3 months at a time. When deployed I was paid 12 hours/day, 7 days/week plus any callouts outside of that 12 hours. Made for a nice early retirement and put 4 kids through college. When opportunity and skill meet ambition good things can happen.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The top paid man, based on a 2080 hour year, is booking right at 2,000 hrs of OT per year, assuming even split between time and a half (1000 hrs) and double time (1000 hrs). As noted above, either "no life", or, some type of racket going on... My guess would be divorced with a blood sucking ex who took him to the cleaners in front of one of their liberal judges...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Lennie: As usual YOU and jaguartz post these sometimes interesting "news articles" without posting YOUR opinion/comment/assessment!
I could NOT, give afuck less, what some communist leaning "newspaper" in the formerly once great city of Seattle writes!
I simply couldn't.
I would like to hear what YOU have to say about this but I am beginning to wonder if YOU are smart enough to decipher what is going on there with those "high" salaries?
First off the exorbitant amount of overtime PAY leads me to the obvious conclusion that the Seattle Police Department is grossly understaffed!
It has been under-staffed since I left there in 1998!
So figger that in to your figgerin if'n you are smart enough to try that!
Then figger in to your figgerin that the Seattle Police Department/Officers went for 6 or 7 years without a contract and got NO raises in salary/pay or benefits for those 6 or 7 years!
So once a raise was OK'ed by the city council and the mayor that raise was then "retroactively" figgered in and paid in the year that is being "highlighted" by the communist press in Seattle!
I wish I had a dollar for every member of the Seattle press I put in Jail over my 29 year career there - I would buy a new Rifle and a new scope to go on it and have money left over for ammo!
The "press" in Seattle is and always has been anti-police so keep that in mind while you are a figgerin.
I'll add this little bit of comedy to your scolding/learning while I am here.
Last year I was Johnny on the spot down at my local Wells Fargo bank to get my monthly allowance that the VarmintWife gives me out of our joint account for mad gun money!
I was aware of how much money should be in our account and there was $27,000.00 "extra" in that account! I immediately called the VarmintWife and said to her get down to the Wells Fargo bank and see what the heck is wrong there is to much money in our account. I had completely forgotten about the ongoing 7 years of "contract negotiations" and it did not occur to me that the contract had been settled and the "retroactive" pay raise had been figgered and placed into our account before even being notified!
It was a nice surprise.
By the way my genre of Pohlice had kept a "Hands On" approach to our paid into retirement fund and guided it and and watched over it so politicians could NOT steal it.
Our monthly payments into that fund and the 6% matching funds from the governing bodies has accumulated to $1,200,000,000.00 (one billion two hundred million dollars!) with last I heard less than 2,000 officers and widows to fund pensions for the rest of their lives.
Most kalifornicationkopian retirement funds (and most other civil service entities) were SPENT and no reserve to accumulate and grow like ours has! The retirement obligations are being met by taxes instead of carefully invested and growing funds!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

like I said cops are an organized racket gangsters with badges

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Left coast math is just different.

That is why Montana and Texas will get bought out.

Sucks... but just the math.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Licensed Professional Engineers don't make that much money with Texas department of Transportation. I'm talking guys with nearly 20 years experience and are over design groups. The average salary for a District Engineer is 181,205$ that I found on the internet. These men supervise several hundred to over a 1000 employees and have control over money more than gross economy of some countries.

$180,000 per year in Texas is like $2 million a year in Seattle.

I realize there is a difference in cost of living but 2 mill is way over the top. You can easily spend 350,000 to 500,000 on houses in Austin and nicer parts of the Metroplex.

A 2000 sq ft house thats 50 or 60 years old and nothing special on the outskirts will be $1 to 1.2 million. A 1600 sq ft 3bd/2ba condo in town is about $1 million. Those are the most affordable options in Seattle. Thats why people commute to and from for a few hours a day. My house is 2375 sq ft 4bd/3ba, an hour out of town, and is $620,000. Again, nothing fancy.
No wonder there are homeless people in Seattle. That's fuggin rediculous. 100k will buy a pretty good house in town here. You can get a perfectly liveable one for 60- 80k if you look around. It's also a bit rediculous how goddam big of a house people think they need these days. My parents raised four of us boys in a 1600 sq ft house and we didn't feel cramped. My wife and I had three kids in a 1500 sq ft. house and likewise we didn't feel cramped. If you think you need more room than that you've probably got too damn much shyt.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Lennie: As usual YOU and jaguartz post these sometimes interesting "news articles" without posting YOUR opinion/comment/assessment!
I could NOT, give afuck less, what some communist leaning "newspaper" in the formerly once great city of Seattle writes!
I simply couldn't.
I would like to hear what YOU have to say about this but I am beginning to wonder if YOU are smart enough to decipher what is going on there with those "high" salaries?
First off the exorbitant amount of overtime PAY leads me to the obvious conclusion that the Seattle Police Department is grossly understaffed!
Then figger in to your figgerin that the Seattle Police Department/Officers went for 6 or 7 years without a contract and got NO raises in salary/pay or benefits for those 6 or 7 years!
So once a raise was OK'ed by the city council and the mayor that raise was then "retroactively" figgered in and paid in the year that is being "highlighted" by the communist press in Seattle!
I wish I had a dollar for every member of the Seattle press I put in Jail over my 29 year career there - I would buy a new Rifle and a new scope to go on it and have money left over for ammo!
The "press" in Seattle is and always has been anti-police so keep that in mind while you are a figgerin.
Last year I was Johnny on the spot down at my local Wells Fargo bank to get my monthly allowance that the VarmintWife gives me out of our joint account for mad gun money!
I was aware of how much money should be in our account and there was $27,000.00 "extra" in that account! I immediately called the VarmintWife and said to her get down to the Wells Fargo bank and see what the heck is wrong there is to much money in our account. I had completely forgotten about the ongoing 7 years of "contract negotiations" and it did not occur to me that the contract had been settled and the "retroactive" pay raise had been figgered and placed into our account before even being notified!
It was a nice surprise.
By the way my genre of Pohlice had kept a "Hands On" approach to our paid into retirement fund and guided it and and watched over it so politicians could NOT steal it.
Our monthly payments into that fund and the 6% matching funds from the governing bodies has accumulated to $1,200,000,000.00 (one billion two hundred million dollars!) with last I heard less than 2,000 officers and widows to fund pensions for the rest of their lives.
Most kalifornicationkopian retirement funds (and most other civil service entities) were SPENT and no reserve to accumulate and grow like ours has! The retirement obligations are being met by taxes instead of carefully invested and growing funds!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Varmintgay is living proof that it doesn't take much brains to be a cop.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is insane that Patrol Officer Willis made $414,000 last year. I bet he never would have cracked 100 grand a year in the private sector.
This is why government unions ought to be illegal.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That is insane that Patrol Officer Willis made $414,000 last year. I bet he never would have cracked 100 grand a year in the private sector.
This is why government unions ought to be illegal.

Working an 8 to 5, probably not. But he likely worked doubles, weekends, and holidays to get to that. Plus, there was a settlement that was added to their 2019 salaries.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was largely due to retroactive pay from previous years without a contract.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
I simply couldn't.
It was a nice surprise.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Varmintgay is living proof that it doesn't take much brains to be a cop.

Amazing power that union has, that They could retroactively give an increase after so many years without negotiations. Why wouldn't the city just give the increase every year when the union has the power to give retroactive raises? Complete corruption

Yea, puts a new light on piss into the wind, being a transplant from Washington state

Last edited by hemiallen; 08/12/20.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Lennie: I would NOT do that job there in Seattle (which I did, gleefully, for 29 years!) for ANY amount of money!
PERIOD.
The Police Department there nowadays is nothing but a "whipping boy" and a glorified bunch of baby-sitters and treated by the mayor, many "citizens" and the city council as "the enemy"!
Let that schithole, of a communist bastion, of a city rot, for all I care.
Its been bad for a long time but over the past 5 - 8 years it has gotten horrific, dangerous and unsustainable.
My advice to you and other taxingtonians (Washingtonians) is GTF outta there, and fast, before falling property values and rising taxes cripple you - or worse you are injured or killt by the cretins running rampant in that once wonderful area/region.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You ever think when cops are making salaries like that as civil servants, via the taxes of the “citizens” which have an average income per my “google” of $93,500.00, there might be a good reason they view you as the enemy? Lmao...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by high_country_

A contract? Lmao.... and they probably come on 24/7 flexing their muscles about being patriots, boasting capitalism.... but want a employment contract hahahahaha

You know what my contract is with my corporation? If I dont like it, Im free to leave! A contract lol... a retroactive contract at that hahahahaha

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It’s not apples to apples but the local town police here make $10/hr, and no health insurance, but it’s a small town. Their salary is in line with the local dollar store cashier.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

A contract? Lmao.... and they probably come on 24/7 flexing their muscles about being patriots, boasting capitalism.... but want a employment contract hahahahaha

You know what my contract is with my corporation? If I dont like it, Im free to leave! A contract lol... a retroactive contract at that hahahahaha

If boasting capitalism while elbowing for the public teat amuses, your sides must truly hurt these days.

This is an old topic for city beat reporters -- the annual best-paid cops/citystaff/teacher etc etc article. Not to lessen the impact, rather to say that similar analytics applied to similar cities will yield similar numbers, for similar reasons. Fire Departments will feature heavily on said list, as will certain city execs.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Licensed Professional Engineers don't make that much money with Texas department of Transportation. I'm talking guys with nearly 20 years experience and are over design groups. The average salary for a District Engineer is 181,205$ that I found on the internet. These men supervise several hundred to over a 1000 employees and have control over money more than gross economy of some countries.

$180,000 per year in Texas is like $2 million a year in Seattle.

I realize there is a difference in cost of living but 2 mill is way over the top. You can easily spend 350,000 to 500,000 on houses in Austin and nicer parts of the Metroplex.

A 2000 sq ft house thats 50 or 60 years old and nothing special on the outskirts will be $1 to 1.2 million. A 1600 sq ft 3bd/2ba condo in town is about $1 million. Those are the most affordable options in Seattle. Thats why people commute to and from for a few hours a day. My house is 2375 sq ft 4bd/3ba, an hour out of town, and is $620,000. Again, nothing fancy.

Your talking out of your rear. I travel the country for work and my largest customer is HQ’d in Bellevue. Zillow and Redfin would say your over embellishing a good bit. Is the Seattle metro area expensive? Sure when considering the “entire” USA, but its ranked 15th of the top 20th of most expensive metro areas.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by overmax
It’s not apples to apples but the local town police here make $10/hr, and no health insurance, but it’s a small town. Their salary is in line with the local dollar store cashier.
That's more like it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Those contracts are negotiated by folks elected by the citizens. DUUUhhh.

Blackfart couldn't even qualify to be a $10.00 cop, but it would raise his standard of living. Eat you heart out, most people make more than you for a reason. Lots of folks think that all should have the same stuff, they often vote democrat

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

If boasting capitalism while elbowing for the public teat amuses, your sides must truly hurt these days.

This is an old topic for city beat reporters -- the annual best-paid cops/citystaff/teacher etc etc article. Not to lessen the impact, rather to say that similar analytics applied to similar cities will yield similar numbers, for similar reasons. Fire Departments will feature heavily on said list, as will certain city execs.

yes cops firemen etc talk as capitalists meanwhile they are more like communists and that includes banks and big companies. they have a lip lock on the govt tit

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cops are like Plumbers. Folks are pissed when they have to call them, because they know it is going to be expensive. Well, it's expensive because there is a price to pay for keeping the Sheet out of your house.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.