I own a Marlin 1892 with a 24" barrel which I had relined and chambered in 32 S&W long. The original chambering of the gun was 32 Short and Long Rim Fire or with a center fire firing pin installed the 32 Short or Long Colt.

According to Wiki the original ballistics of the 32 Rim Fire Long was a 90 gr. bullet at 1,080 fps (24" barrel).
Again according to Wiki the ballistics of the 32 Long Colt is 790 fps with a 82 gr. bullet
but no barrel length is specified. Before I had the work done I was able to chrono some 32 Long Colt with 82 gr. bullets. They gave 912 fps.

I have been working on loads for the gun using data shown in the Lyman no 49 reloading manual. All of the loads shown in this manual are for handguns.
My problem is accuracy and consistent velocity. I have tried loads using Unique, HP38 and Bullseye starting at the minimum loads shown in the manual. All of the starting loads gave poor accuracy and wide extreme spreads. In each case upping the powder load results in better accuracy and better consistency. I have increased each powder load until I reached a velocity of about 900 fps. The most promising load is 2.0 gr. of Bullseye and a 78 gr. cast bullet which closely matches the velocity of the 32 Long Colt factory loads. Accuracy is about 3" at 25 yds. I would like to push up to the maximum load of 3.0 gr. of Bullseye but am hesitant because the action of this gun is not a strong design. There is no locking bolt. The only locking device is the lever extension. Published velocity in a 4" pistol for 3.0 grains of Bullseye and a 75 gr. bullet is 958 fps. I believe that 3.0 gr. of Bulleye and my 78 gr. bullet will probably reach 1000 fps or maybe 1,100 fps.

Another promising bullet is a 95 gr SWC from Penn Bullets. I have not worked with it much but if I pushed it to about 1,000 fps it would be closely duplicating the original ballistics of the 32 Long Rim Fire (90 gr. bullet at 1,080 fps).

OK, what are the opinions here?

Should I continue and push the 78 gr. bullet to the max of 3.0 gr. of Bullseye and see what I get?
How about the 95 gr. bullet pushed to about 1,000 fps?

The effects of the pressures I am seeing here are so low that most of the cases are smoked which means they are not being expanded enough to tightly seal the chamber. The original rim fire loadings were copper cases and probably had no problem sealing with pressures generated. Of course the ones I am loading in 32 S&W Long are brass.
The 32 S&W Long has a reputation for fine accuracy in some pistols but I am not seeing it in my rifle.