-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thinking about this one for my 4.2 Redhawk, 44 mag. Anyone running one? Opinions? Thanks guys.

https://diamonddoutdoors.com/products/denali-chest-holster

Last edited by 270winchester; 07/26/20.

Deus Juvat

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw the Diamond D chest holster in the title and thought of the Guides Choice, which I was prepared to comment about. But, seeing this is not the Guide's Choice i have an alternative for you that I also purchased. Check this out, made in the USA;

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=silver+horse+holsters&i=sporting&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Last edited by Stan V; 07/26/20.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Friend of mine has both the Diamond D Guides choice and the Diamond D Outdoors chest holster. Reports that both very high quality and great usability (same lineage), but the Guides Choice is much nicer.

I need to get over there and check 'm both out.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Pretty dumb of them to have a totally different website and different enough name they aren't easily searchable. I heard rumors a couple months ago they were doing this but the website didn't show it so I moved on and obtained another brand. I'd prefer a thumb break but looks like a decent holster otherwise.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been using a DD Guides Choice for 6-7 years now. I carry a Glock 10mm in it and love the rig. It's high quality in design, materials and craftsmanship. It wears comfortably and adjust for under a jacket, over a jacket, wearing with a pack, ect. I have deboned and quartered game and packed out meat and never noticed I had the 10mm on my chest. I like mine.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I haven't used the outdoors holster but I have 2 of the Guides Choice and use them. I have one for a Redhawk and one for an Alaskan. They are a nice setup. I like leather.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have had a few of the leather guides choice. I just recently found out about their nylon line from another post on this forum. Yesterday, I ordered one for a 5.5" Super Blackhawk. I'm getting away from leather for a variety of reasons such as maintenance, weather, etc.
As they say, I do believe theirs is the best design of the top 5 chest holster rigs. Kydex works well for some things, but not ideal for this situation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tagged.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i've had a guides choice for 5 or 6 years for my mountain gun. i love it. i have recommended them to 2 of my brothers who both love them.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine is sqweeky. Fits ok.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just to clarify- Two different branches of the same company. Newest one- Diamond D Outdoors is a nylon holster. Original leather is the Guide's Choice by Diamond D Custom Leather

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I ordered a Guide's Choice the later part of June. Still waiting on it. In fairness, they said it would be about a six week wait. Sure hope I won't be disappointed. Everybody that has one seems really happy with them.

Last edited by Henryseale; 07/26/20. Reason: clarification

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Stan V
I saw the Diamond D chest holster in the title and thought of the Guides Choice, which I was prepared to comment about. But, seeing this is not the Guide's Choice i have an alternative for you that I also purchased. Check this out, made in the USA;

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=silver+horse+holsters&i=sporting&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

That link goes to a page full of products, not just one product.

Which item are you giving a reco to?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Have the leather version, been using for 6-7 years for a 629, well made, keeps the firearm handy and out of the way, especially if you are carrying a pack.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Simply rugged!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amazon is exclusive retailer for this product. I purchased 2 of these, one for my Smith 27 (range day holster) and another for Ruger MK II (when I'm in Polaris Ranger), you may have to search Silver Horse holsters in Amazon search bar. Great product.

By the way, covid has slowed them down. Small company

If you click on either of the Silver Horse links that pop up from the address I posted, then click on the Silver Horse link below that holster description, all their product line pops up. It's odd.

Last edited by Stan V; 07/27/20.

All American

All the time
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have owned one for my G20 for at least five years. I like it allot.

Last fall I bought a second (& 3 &4th) for some S7 Rugers my pop and I bought. My lil bro wanted a holster too so I ordered three!!

Great workman ship. Quality and tons of adjustment for different styles of carry.

My G20 I like how designed. High center. Out of the way even with a pack and quick.

This new one I have things let WAY OUT! Its holding the lil revolver just above where jt might be if in a strong side Xdraw. But even more comfortable. Im using it under the last outter layer. The 327 mag is usefull For small game and defense in the woods. (Not too worried about large dangerous)

I would like to try a KENI HOLSTER next.

CW

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I just got a left handed guides choice for my Mountain Gun 41 mag. Seems pretty comfortable. They’ve done other leather work for me. Shortened a heavy duty work belt and built a two knife sheath for a Gerber Hunter/Pixie set. Nice folks and good work.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.