Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
So, I just had a text pop up in my phone, from my home state (NH), asking/informing me if I want to vote mail-in, how to go about doing it. I don’t give rats ass about showing up to vote at a poll In person for fear of covid, But it does tend to be somewhat inconvenient for me due to a long list of reasons I won’t get into. Still, I manage to get it done. My question is this - in terms of the oft-mentioned fraud with mail-in, should I fear that my republican ballot would not be counted, or discarded, or whatever, if I opted to do the mail-in? So, I should forgo the convenience and do it in person? Or is the fraud thing more about libs stacking the deck with fake ballots? I suppose I could go on to ask (if it it’s good for the goose it’s good for the gander) how could I take advantage of said opportunity to vote for Trump twice? Lol. Honestly, I just want to know if I should avoid mail-in ballot for the potential of my vote being null or discarded. Thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I can't speak to the discarded ballot concern.

My issue with the way mail-in is done in Washington is, once you are registered you get ballots forever.

My daughter got married and re-registered in her new name. Her ballots under her maiden name continued to arrive here for 7 years. My deceased mother's ballots continue to arrive here. It would have been easy for me to vote 3 times in every election if I had chosen to.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ahhhh...
I see

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tamequia the CNA gonna be busy, many butts will go unwiped at those nursing homes while her and acorn buddies fill out all those ballots for all the dead folks and the living veggies.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Brazos

My issue with the way mail-in is done in Washington is, once you are registered you get ballots forever.

My daughter got married and re-registered in her new name. Her ballots under her maiden name continued to arrive here for 7 years. My deceased mother's ballots continue to arrive here. It would have been easy for me to vote 3 times in every election if I had chosen to.

How else are the democraps gonna win? They don't seem to think they can win without cheating.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Did your daughter contact the registrar of voters (or whoever takes care of that in your county) to notify them of the name and address change?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

Every Republican had better figure out how to vote at least 3 times each, just to break even!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Did your daughter contact the registrar of voters (or whoever takes care of that in your county) to notify them of the name and address change?

That's my point. Some form of validation needs to be required before the ballot is sent out.

Yes, officials were finally notified after we waited to see how long it would take for them to catch it.

And no, those extra ballots were never voted.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's my point. Some form of validation needs to be required before the ballot is sent out.

Yes, officials were finally notified after we waited to see how long it would take for them to catch it.

Are you saying you waited seven years to notify the election officials?

You do realize they're not a lot more competent than the DMV?

I had to notify WA that I moved and had re-registered my vehicles in another State. Yet, they are capable of cross referencing driving violation points easily enough. I doubt the voter people are anywhere near that capable. When your daughter married and changed her name, it likely just showed up as a new voter.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Are you saying you waited seven years to notify the election officials?

You do realize they're not a lot more competent than the DMV?

I had to notify WA that I moved and had re-registered my vehicles in another State. Yet, they are capable of cross referencing driving violation points easily enough. I doubt the voter people are anywhere near that capable. When your daughter married and changed her name, it likely just showed up as a new voter.

What is your point?

I have stated mine.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My point is that one maybe should not expect too much out of a .Gov bureaucracy.

As long as you were the one getting the ballots under your daughter's maiden name, then no harm done I guess?

Your point about the validation? Once registered and an address given, that is the validation. At least that was the way it was during my 7- 8 years as a WA resident. Sign the papers at the DMV, and one is good to go.

I'm not in conflict with you, but can you figure out a better way? That won't cost the taxpayers any more than they already are taxed that is?

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MickeyD

How else are the democraps gonna win? They don't seem to think they can win without cheating.

That's for sure!
They been telling family and friends how many jellybeans are in the jar.
Pass it on.

Last edited by SAcharlie; 08/13/20.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Valsdad,yes, I can figure out a MUCH better way; vote in person with an ID required.
If an absentee ballot is required, it should be a one time issue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, I can figure out a MUCH better way; vote in person with an ID required.
If an absentee ballot is required, it should be a one time issue.

Works for me.

What about the homebound? One time absentee ballot won't work for them. Those required to work during polling hours? Stay at home moms? (well, maybe they shouldn't be able to vote?? grin )

The mail in thing, at least my understanding of it, was an attempt to get more folks to exercise their right to vote. I know when I worked shift work that required me to stand in front of a machine for 9-12 hours, 15 miles or so from where my polling place was, I'd have never been able to make it when I was on day shift. And in WA, I worked on the Columbia and was on a boat/barge and no way to get to the polls then either. Lotta folks have it as bad if not worse.

Maybe a fingerprint scanner for the mail in ballot? Our County is supposed to cross reference signatures from the ballot with your registration card. I wonder if that's done in person or by a scanner?

I'll agree, much less chance of fraud with an in person vote. Not likely to go back to that ever again.

I was glad to see when I live in E WA, that the vote usually went the same way as the demographics. Very rarely, if ever in the time I was up there, were there any pro-Democrat folks or issues supported in that part of the State.

In it is contentment

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
And yet the only surmountable and deliberate election fraud has been by the GOP, and not in only a few cases, but many!

Phil

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost
And yet the only surmountable and deliberate election fraud has been by the GOP, and not in only a few cases, but many!

Phil

Where's your evidence?
Pretty easy to be a keyboard warrior and run your mouth. Back it up, or STFU!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When voter turn out is 120% of the population in a city, county, or state then there was voter fraud and cheating.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 08/13/20.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The method I've used for absentee works pretty well for those who do not/cannot get to the booth on Election Day. I show up at the courthouse and ask for an absentee ballot. After showing proof of residency and finding my name on the voter roll, I sign my name and am given a ballot. I fill the ballot out while there and in front of two witnesses. When I'm done, I put the ballot into an envelope, seal it, and have it signed by both witnesses after which it is placed in a locked ballot box.

If one is unable to venture out of their residence, two election representatives go to the residence and the above process is repeated. In places like permanent senior housing a specific date and time is often set up for the residents.

This seems to lessen fraud as I haven't heard a peep of such accusation from either party on a local level. It also seems to accomodate those who wish to vote but can't make the tradional voting day. It also handles the question of how many ballots to send to a given address, if the addressee even lives there, and if the resident is even eligible to vote.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It was in Michigan if you were over 60 or a doctors excuse you could get Absentee....now anybody can get one....I take mine to the Township Clerk and put it in the box....
If people are worried about the USPS delivering ballots just drop them off at the Clerk or any official box....they send ballots out weeks before a election you would have plenty of time to get it there....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mail in ballots will be the best thing that ever happened to all those under represented, disenfranchised, dead people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1badf350, 1minute, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,337
Posts18,487,680
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.