Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My wife is watching The Travel Channel and some show is on about haunted places...Gets me to thinking about my own personal experiences....I don't care what anyone else thinks but I believe that ghosts are a part of our daily lives...I think that some folks can sense them. I also think that ghosts make themselves seen by those that are willing to believe....I'm a passive believer...
I've been to the Alamo a bunch of times and I can tell you...That place is haunted in spades...Not so much in the mission itself,but on the grounds,under the oak trees....
I had someone whisper in my ear once...That wasn't there...And I was sober... blush...I believe...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My house was haunted for 2 month one time.... when my MIL was staying here.... grin
M

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Same thing happened to me...But it was for longer and it was a nightmare.... cry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mistreated
My house was haunted for 2 month one time.... when my MIL was staying here.... grin
M

I can relate to that, but I don't believe he's referring to that type of Haunting.......

grin grin grin

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Bart I've lived in a few places that were quite haunted. Seen alot of stuff that had only one explaination. I'm with you on this.

I don't mess with anything supernatural. No ouija boards, no voodoo (I've seen voodoo in action, I didn't sleep for days) No nuttin!

I stay on my side they stay on theirs

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my work place is haunted......lil bastard has been named "Oscar" by my FIL.....f'er likes hiding stuff from us, its a pain in the arse.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's hard for me to talk about that stuff. I had something happen one time. My wife was there. A dear friend had been buried earlier that day. It wasn't scary at all, but I believe.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible says that there definitely are things that go bump in the night...but they're not dead people. It says that there is no contact, NONE, between the living and the dead. Satan and his minions, however, are alive and well. He does his best work in civilized places by making people think he doesn't exist. But, talk to missionaries who've spent a few years in backwoods, third world places. Some of them can tell some stories that'll keep your lights on all night every night.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stand corrected. I just spoke to my wife about the incident for the first time in sixteen years. It was the night we brought our first child home...he was named after my partner. I won't elaborate.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I didn't mean to drag up painful memories...Sorry....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hey
I ran one over mowed him right down. I was in High school and me and a friend was coming from the race track in New Culberland WVa. it was about 12:30 am and we were heading south to Weirton and right before the creek in NC before the bridge about 100 yards this old person was standing along the road. He looked at us I saw his face that kinda glowed he had white hair and a ZZ top beard gray suit white shirt and these boots that looked untied. About 30 feet before We got to him he stepped out in front of the car looked at us smiled and I hit him square. He went half way into our hood and disappeared. Of course I hit my brakes and I kept on going. We went half way home and did not say any thing to each other. Then Frank said to me did you see that, I said what, You Know, no I dont know. Then he described the same as I just told you. I personally think that the old guy was just funnen us. He did look like he came from the 1800's.
This happened in summer of 1972
Bearbeater

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bart185
I didn't mean to drag up painful memories...Sorry....

Bart...not painful at all. I just never believed in that stuff, and I still think that almost all people that talk about it are STONE COLD CRAZY. Our incident was actually very pleasant...just unbelievable. I don't talk about it because it was a very private experience and I know that if someone was telling the same story to me, I'd say they were STONE COLD CRAZY. Glad you did...Thanks Pard

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible says that there definitely are things that go bump in the night...but they're not dead people. It says that there is no contact, NONE, between the living and the dead. Satan and his minions, however, are alive and well. He does his best work in civilized places by making people think he doesn't exist. But, talk to missionaries who've spent a few years in backwoods, third world places. Some of them can tell some stories that'll keep your lights on all night every night.

Dick

Dick, I'm with you 100%. No such things as "ghosts," that is, spirits of the deceased. But demons can take on all sorts of forms and can interact with us and with things in this world. Best to leave them alone. Remember, Satan is a liar... and if he chooses, can even appear as an angel of light.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Dick

Dick, I'm with you 100%. No such things as "ghosts," that is, spirits of the deceased. But demons can take on all sorts of forms and can interact with us and with things in this world. Best to leave them alone. Remember, Satan is a liar... and if he chooses, can even appear as an angel of light.

Penny

You are wrong...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are wrong...

About which part? Or do you mean all?

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"No such things as ghosts"...
Is that correct?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I'm wrong, then God's wrong. He said it, not me.

Yes, people have seen some strange things, but they're not seeing dead relatives, etc. They're seeing demons who are rebellious angels that were thrown out of heaven along with Satan. They have tremendous power, at least compared to men, and they can take on any appearance.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"No such things as ghosts"...
Is that correct?

It depends on what you mean by "ghosts." As Dick said, the Bible clearly states that there is no way for the dead to have contact with the living. If you accept that, then things that we believe to be the spirits of those who have passed on, cannot be. If they cannot be, what are these things we call "ghosts?" I believe that they are demons taking on ghostly (or other) shapes.

But as many are fond of saying, YMMV. I'm simply expressing what I believe to be true. No dog in this fight (if a fight develops).

Penny

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hey
Penny and Dick I am with you 150% I believe that it was a demond that was pulling me away from my beliefs. I thought it was a true but amusing story.
BB

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (204guy, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 007FJ, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 16,971 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,188
Posts18,543,356
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.