J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman
Hell we might not get to hunt up there next year either

Seriously Jud........who knows?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I Hope not.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Ya hard to say, never know

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Try to make lemonade from lemons. smile The numbers of moose/deer/bear, etc. will grow. A larger population will yield a higher harvest in the future.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Ya hard to say, never know

Indeed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by comerade
It is out of my control and quite like the extra peace around home. The river has few non residents and fishing is better for locals , traffic is lighter and our local guide outfitters will suffer greatly and have to return deposits to many foreign hunters.
Families are closer, townsfolk even more friendly.
I don't see any covid in my world, I do know it is a massive problem.

Deposits are rarely refundable. Hopefully most hunters bought travel insurance.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It works both ways - We are used to taking our vacation in January down in Goodyear, AZ and didn't go this year and won't probably go next year.

Frankly with all that's going on in the U.S. (Covid, identity politics, defunding police, upcoming election turmoil etc) it scares the hell out of me.

What really worries me is that we are usually 3 or 4 years behind what happens in the U.S. - all of those issues will be coming here eventually.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m not hating on canucks whatsoever, I love em, great folks got several buddies up there I’d do anything for. This shiit is out of their control. As far as refunds, it’s the least of my worries, once the border opens up, the deposits willl carry over and we’ll have some good huntin...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
AB2506, those are just models, mind you, as my buddy said, come September they are going to let all those little germ spreaders loose.

I know. I would prefer they disregard models when making public policy. Seems the models have seldom been right and change as often as the wind changes direction.

I also don't trust Pham if she is still an agent of the WHO. They have not forthright about Covid and China since the beginning.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been watching things from here in VA for a while and its not looking to promising this year. Been hunting whitetails in Nova Scotia since living on the family thee farm in the 70's. Been going back to hunt with my dad and my brother since 1982. Lots of good memory's missed less than 5 years in all that time. Was there to see my dad harvest a spike whitetail last year at 88 years young and he's still talking about hunting. I'll see if I can post a pic later.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I’m not hating on canucks whatsoever, I love em, great folks got several buddies up there I’d do anything for. This shiit is out of their control. As far as refunds, it’s the least of my worries, once the border opens up, the deposits willl carry over and we’ll have some good huntin...

Spot on. We lived in Calgary for 5 years and thoroughly enjoyed our time there and the friends we made. My deposit will roll to 2021 and I am fine with that. More time to get in shape...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on. We lived in Calgary for 5 years and thoroughly enjoyed our time there and the friends we made. My deposit will roll to 2021 and I am fine with that. More time to get in shape...

What are you looking to hunt EdM?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The moose hunt outfitter I talked to in NFLD last night isn't taking anyone this year, American OR Canadian.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by EdM

Goat, moose and elk with a chance (i.e., gratis) at mountain caribou, wolf and black bear. Sixteen days.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by EdM

Goat, moose and elk with a chance (i.e., gratis) at mountain caribou, wolf and black bear. Sixteen days.

Damn man what a trip!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by comerade
It is out of my control and quite like the extra peace around home. The river has few non residents and fishing is better for locals , traffic is lighter and our local guide outfitters will suffer greatly and have to return deposits to many foreign hunters.
Families are closer, townsfolk even more friendly.
I don't see any covid in my world, I do know it is a massive problem.

Deposits are rarely refundable. Hopefully most hunters bought travel insurance.

Travel insurance may not help. Don't know if they are all like this, but my wife's to Europe did not cover "pandemics". I don't know what it DID cover, but I told her to read the fine print & check other sources next time she buys travel insurance.

Money is being held for a future trip, however. As is our Africa deposit....

I'm gonna be rich!!! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
My outfitter is mailing my deposit back since "none of this was your fault" according to him. I can't go next year or I'd have told him to roll it over.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My outfitter, Stone Mountain Safaris, emailed yesterday confirming the season is gone. Earlier they gave the heads up advising that he may need help to get through if the total season is a loss. It is really unfortunate in that they just purchased the operation as the virus started to grow. They also own Folding Mountain Outfitters, another fairly large operation. They are requesting 20% additional deposit come June which I am fine with. They already have 50%.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There are a few threads around about the closed borders and canceled trips this year. It's safe to say that the year is a write off. Our federal government announces month to month so folks live in hope. The feds know that it's a false hope, but they like to be seen as good guys.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's an agreement. I'm not sure if they said this is the new normal until everyone is vaccinated, how well that would go over.

In the early '70s I backpacked through the Greek islands. I remember having to get shots and having it marked in my passport. I can see that coming around the world.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.