-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now that you speak of it, maybe it was demon. My son is 16 now. I just thought it was my wifes genes.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by ltppowell
Now that you speak of it, maybe it was demon. My son is 16 now. I just thought it was my wifes genes.

Your wife's name isn't Rosemary by any chance, is it? shocked eek

Just kidding... your son would be older. grin

All joking aside, sorry about your partner's death. frown

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have to agree with Rock Chuck and Barak's Woman. The supernatural consists of God, angels and demonic spirits. I guess you can call them ghosts if you want.... I have a book coming out in July or August with some interaction between "spiritual hosts." When it is ready, I will post notice here if it's okay with Rick Bin. Thanks.

Jerry

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Grew up in NOLA....VOODOO CENTRAL,

seen Haiti, and been in Africa,.....

Let 'em do what they do, and avoid the dark side,

is about the best I've got, ...on this subject.....you get involved, you'll get hurt, at best have the pants scared off'ya.

We're arrows, hurled across the sky.....,good people.

let the dark side be what it's gotta' be,....

We'll just be what we're gonna' be.

Sounds fair enough to me,...

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Me too. Leukemia . It was 16 years ago. He was 28. Hit me pretty hard as a young man. We both expected to die in a hail of gunfire, you know?

Hey...you're trying to get the story out of me ain't you?
VIXEN!

Nice to see you Miss Penny!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible says that there definitely are things that go bump in the night...but they're not dead people. It says that there is no contact, NONE, between the living and the dead. Satan and his minions, however, are alive and well. He does his best work in civilized places by making people think he doesn't exist. But, talk to missionaries who've spent a few years in backwoods, third world places. Some of them can tell some stories that'll keep your lights on all night every night.

Dick

Luke 16:26 tells us there is a 'gulf forever fixed that no man can cross'. Some believe in ghosts, departed spirits of the dead but this is contrary to Scripture. Personally, I believe they are the demonic world impersonating others. I believe in demons because Jesus, himself, talked with demons and they called him by name.

If you think about it for some time there is no other explanation for some of the pure evil we see and it's getting worse each year. Revelation 12:12 speaks of Satan coming down to earth with a great wrath for he knows his time is short.

Let me say at this point that I don't claim that my interpretation of Scripture is totally accurate. I just don't know for sure on a lot of points but I do know things are a lot different today than it was in my youth. I'm glad I won't have to live in the world of my grandchildren.

I am of the opinion that LSD and the other mind expander drugs would allow some people to see the demonic world and the cases of people jumping out of windows and off buildings were simply them trying to get away. Again, this is my opinion and we know the old saying about opinions. smile

The word 'sorcery' comes from the Greek word 'pharmakaia' (I know this is not the correct spelling) but it is also the root word of 'pharmacy' where we get what......drugs.

I don't think things are nearly as complex as we make them some time. Every conflict can be traced back to a battle between Good and Evil if it's carried far enough. Once, again, this is just my opinion and I wouldn't argue with anybody simply because I can't prove any of it until I die and then I won't care.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There are ghosts. It is just that they aren't the spirits of the dead.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
See why I don't talk about it?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just smack yourself in the forehead and in your best "Jimmy Swagg" or ole "Jimbo Baker" say DEMON COME OUT!!!!! Everything will be fine. grin

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey...you're trying to get the story out of me ain't you?
VIXEN!

wink whistle

No, not really. I'm not the intrusive type. But I didn't want to be joking and making light of something that was probably very sad for you.

Nice to see you Miss Penny!

Nice to be seen. smile Thank you. I've been really busy for the past two weeks or so, and will continue to be until about mid-July.

Then I can go back to my bon bons and soap operas. blush grin

Penny

Last edited by Barak's Womn; 06/29/07.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
Just smack yourself in the forehead and in your best "Jimmy Swagg" or ole "Jimbo Baker" say DEMON COME OUT!!!!! Everything will be fine. grin

I know you're joking (I'm not a fan of the "holy rollers," either), but this is really a very serious subject, and not something to be taken lightly...

Penny

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss

I'm healed!!!! Please forgive me ny indescretions. smile

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I agree with the ghosts being demons.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

this is really a very serious subject, and not something to be taken lightly...

I agree....
It's hard trying to come to terms with something that is unexplainable...
My opinion is that everything that is unexplainable,ain't the Devil lurking...He's pretty busy in the middle east....
My Grandmother talked to my Sister after she died...My Sister hasn't had anything like that happen like that before or since....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bart185
My Grandmother talked to my Sister after she died...My Sister hasn't had anything like that happen like that before or since....

In all probablity it wasn't really your Grandmother...

Penny

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
She sure thinks that it was....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't blame 'em Bart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Where's Steelhead? He needs to post something at about this point for comic relief...

Penny

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I agree...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Where's Steelhead? He needs to post something at about this point for comic relief...

Penny

My guess is that Steelhead's reply would have something to do with a Montreal hooker...

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (1lessdog, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 11,484 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,345
Posts18,546,522
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.