Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Amid shock of Chief Carmen Best’s departure, Black Seattleites weigh city’s moves on police defunding

Seattle Times

By Nina Shapiro
Seattle Times staff reporter
The day Carmen Best announced she would be stepping down as Seattle police chief, Victoria Beach talked to a real-estate agent.

Beach, chair of the Seattle Police Department’s African American Community Advisory Council, grew up in Seattle and has lived 40 years on the same block in the Central District. Now, she said, she’s ready to leave.

“I don’t want to be a part of this city.”

Like many Black Seattleites, Beach is livid about how the city treated its first Black police chief, who said she was not consulted as the City Council cut the police department budget, including Best’s salary. Beach also believes the chief was hamstrung in her handling of the former occupied zone known as CHOP or CHAZ by a mayor who was calling the shots.

“It’s a new way of racism,” Beach said of city officials. It entails making a job so hard “that we walk away.”

But Beach’s rift with Seattle is about more than that. Living blocks away from the occupied zone, she didn’t like what she saw: marchers with sledgehammers, spray paint everywhere, destructive white protesters who seemed to be hijacking the movement, violence that claimed the lives of two young Black men.

She favors police reform and reallocating money from law enforcement to social services, but not by nearly as much as some protesters want and the city may be inclined to do. Believing the number of officers will be slashed, she said: “I’m fearful. I feel like now I need to arm myself. So many of my friends are saying that.”

Beach by no means speaks for Black Seattleites, and she knows it. “We’re so divided,” she said, especially along generational lines.

That’s why, amid the shock of the chief’s departure, some are asking how widely the city has sought input among African Americans. Another big question: As the city answers protesters’ call to defund the police department, does it have a plan?

A coalition of activists and community groups wants police funding cut by at least 50%, immediately. Others, including African American clergy and small business owners, are still sorting through what a re-imagining of public safety might look like — and want city officials to take their time with the matter, too.

“They don’t bring enough people to the table who actually are going to be affected by the conversations they’re having,” said Nicole Bascomb, the 44-year-old owner of a real estate company that does business in Seattle and around the region. In 1988, a Seattle police officer fatally shot Bascomb’s uncle, Erdman Bascomb, who was on a couch with a remote control in his hand that the officer said he thought was a gun.

Racism, she points out, “took hundreds of years. You’re not going to fix it in a few weeks by mandating some changes because you want to say you did something. I would rather you be thoughtful about your approach.”

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ahhh, yes.

Not cuts necessarily needed to police in Seattle just need
‘re-imaging’ and more ‘dialogues.’

Sad for the good people that lives in Seattle but they did elect these folks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Its never their fault and they can never admit being wrong. It reminds me of Old Koot who claps when she walks

CLAP..........CLAP

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Did Seattle elect their village idiots?

The end of this path is vigilantes, anarchy and bright sizing--where everyone who is reasonably bright hauls out of Dodge. Real estate prices collapse, central cities become untenable, and nothing worth having is left. The left becomes Yurtle the turtle, king of the mud.

Last edited by denton; 08/16/20.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid Beach........

Doesn't realize she's part of the problem.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
Did Seattle elect their village idiots?

The end of this path is vigilantes, anarchy and bright sizing--where everyone who is reasonably bright hauls out of Dodge. Real estate prices collapse, central cities become untenable, and nothing worth having is left. The left becomes Yurtle the turtle, king of the mud.

They are already a pretty fair piece down that road...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
varmint Guy......you want a job?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone posted a link to some 29 year old blonde freelance reporter who just got arrested Friday on a sealed Grand Jury Indictment.

Speculation is because she did a small documentary called Shadowgate that interviews and explores a couple of former psych-ops whistle blowers who worked for a decade in the intelligence community gathering information on all Americans and how the information was used to try and ruin Trump...It was actually, rather well done, and compelling information.

Millennial Millie is the reporters YouTube name. Her investigative videos on BLM and other organizers involved in directing all of the demonstrations and violent rioting is absolutely scary shît.

You want proof this is a political ploy to fast-track the ruination of America by young people who are being directed and funded by older, well educated, and finaced individuals? Watch her videos.

Here’s a primer for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsnyHILdb8&list=UUglVbeKF9JGMCt-RTUAW_TQ&index=6&t=0s

Sorry for the thread hi-jack

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Someone posted a link to some 29 year old blonde freelance reporter who just got arrested Friday on a sealed Grand Jury Indictment.

Speculation is because she did a small documentary called Shadowgate that interviews and explores a couple of former psych-ops whistle blowers who worked for a decade in the intelligence community gathering information on all Americans and how the information was used to try and ruin Trump...It was actually, rather well done, and compelling information.

Millennial Millie is the reporters YouTube name. Her investigative videos on BLM and other organizers involved in directing all of the demonstrations and violent rioting is absolutely scary shît.

You want proof this is a political ploy to fast-track the ruination of America by young people who are being directed and funded by older, well educated, and finaced individuals? Watch her videos.

Here’s a primer for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsnyHILdb8&list=UUglVbeKF9JGMCt-RTUAW_TQ&index=6&t=0s

😎

Are you getting residuals off the YouTube hits, jack azz?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No hijack Beaver, it’s all interconnected.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Here’s a primer for you.

😎

Are you getting residuals off the YouTube hits, jack azz?

I was...Then your mom started paying me by the pump. I’m rich!

She said to tell you thanks for the rent money you pay her.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Slumlord: I was born very near there and lived very near there for the first 49 years of my life. Plus I worked for that city for 29 years and I can say this with absolute certainty - I would not live or work in/for that city for any amount of money!
I personally watched that city turn from a wonderful, beautiful, honest, honorable place to a den of communists, militant homosexuals and anti-Americans (no offense to you!)!
Nope not me and I advised the four VarmintChildren to avoid ANYTHING to do with that city and especially their recently politically ruint P.D.!
They do enjoy whomosexuals up thatway - slumlord maybe you could vacation there and scope it out - I suggest a blue handerchief hanging from your right rear pocket (this is secret homosexual code for those not privy to that typeshit!)! You will be welcomed with open arms and gusto.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What the heck is a militant homosexual, VarmintGuy?

Do they exist? 😂

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Stupid Beach........

She favors police reform and reallocating money from law enforcement to social services, but

Stupid Bitch is an understatement.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
What the heck is a militant homosexual, VarmintGuy?

Do they exist? 😂

Imagine, if you will, an overweight flamer in assless chaps--and nothing but--writhing down the street in a pride parade . . . and he's the conservative of the bunch.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those are the ones varmint guy let ride in the front seat. For a handy, he’d let em off with a warning. A win win.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Those are the ones varmint guy let ride in the front seat. For a handy, he’d let em off with a warning. A win win.

Is that what “Cobras in a Snowstorm “is code for? 😂🤣

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Yeah, "a new way of racism"...

[bleep] couldnt connect the dots if she had 3 black checkers playing Connect 4 or threw a bag of frijoles negros in 3 bags of navy beans.

Hey, schit for shinola, the common denominator is Democrats, or in modern times, cultural Marxists.
They prey upon demographic division, monetary division and racial division.
Im sure if you lie in bed with them the "eye on the prize" of the last fifty years is finally gonna sho up....
[bleep]...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL
The saga continues......

Slumlord vs Varmint Guy
Varmint Guy vs Slumlord.

Laffin!!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Stupid Beach........

One of the creators. Dumb fugk.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 219 Wasp, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,938
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.