Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Most expensive thing is a 300.00 key for my truck. I do it all the time with things. I couldn’t find the tool for anti theft lug nuts for my boat this morning.I had it, but I put it somewhere safe. I drove an 11/16 socket on the lug, was able to get them loose, threw them away.

What do you have in a safe place that you can’t find?? I’m still looking for my Dodge key. It’s here somewhere.

Last edited by hanco; 08/16/20.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I got a really nice bottle of bourbon somewhere. I don't know where I hid it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I got the big pot and steamer insert out tonight to steam a couple of ears of corn. Filled pot, put in steamer, put in corn. Couldn't find the lid, which I thought had come out of the cupboard with the pot and steamer.

After looking through cupboards and dishwasher and other likely places, I found it......................

on top of the coffee maker where I had set it while filling the pot.

I'll not even go into things I put in a "safe place"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Safety deposit box key. Drove me absolutely nuts. I NEVER misplace anything like that!

Seven years it rode in the ashtray of my old hunting truck. Until one day I was looking for earplugs and would ya looky there!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My mind.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Couldn’t find the Saleen keys high or low so I went and got the spare set. Went outside to lock the shop before leaving and there the originals were on my workbench . They’d been there about a week.

Fuggin hell.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I lost a $20,000 tele-handler for 3 days one time til I remembered what job it was on. Misplace trailers and dump trucks all the time. Usually, a day or so I find them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've done that. I've also lost a tool I was using and hadn't even left the room.
My wife has a mind control trick she plays on me. I open the cupboard and look for something. Get frustrated and close the cupboard. She walks in, opens the cupboard and what I was looking for is front and center. Damn near glowing. Not sure how she does it.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes, but I don’t remember what it is.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At my house it's the other way around.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Yes, but I don’t remember what it is.

+1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hanco
Most expensive thing is a 300.00 key for my truck. I do it all the time with things. I couldn’t find the tool for anti theft lug nuts for my boat this morning.I had it, but I put it somewhere safe. I drove an 11/16 socket on the lug, was able to get them loose, threw them away.

What do you have in a safe place that you can’t find?? I’m still looking for my Dodge key. It’s here somewhere.

Same here. Put away the fob for my 2019 silverado. Did that when I bought it new. Now I can’t find it.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How did you know, my rangefinder!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I've done that. I've also lost a tool I was using and hadn't even left the room.
My wife has a mind control trick she plays on me. I open the cupboard and look for something. Get frustrated and close the cupboard. She walks in, opens the cupboard and what I was looking for is front and center. Damn near glowing. Not sure how she does it.

Mine puts stuff in a different cupboard constantly. Never know where anything is going to be, it's like a big adventure! Hey, where's the 1.5qt sauce pan today, yahoo

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A friend of mine hid the cylinder to his single action Colt 357 so his grandkids couldn't use his gun if they found it. When he needed it he couldn't find it so he had to order another one. The day after the new one was delivered his wife found the original right where he put it, in a tea cup.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Came out of Sportsmans ware house one day, could not find my Dodge Ram truck. Running around like crazy, going ape $hit, and getting ready to report it as stolen!
Then it dawned on me I was driving my wifes mini cooper that day!! Found it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I quit drinking more than a few years ago..... and a the time I had a a big fat bag of weed. I thought it best to stop smoking weed too... as I'm sure it would lead me back to the bottle.... onto the straight and narrow...

And it worked... once I quit all that stuff... my life was so much better.

40 years later...... I'm adding yeast to large jars of fruit juice.... I'm looking around the farm for where I hid that stash....

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Neil Diamond concert tickets from the eighties....never did find them.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Any time i look for something i put in a safe place and can't find i just ask the wife.

Because odds are she has moved it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Any time i look for something i put in a safe place and can't find i just ask the wife.

Because odds are she has moved it.

This. And anytime I have to clean a space out, it's Christmas!!!!

Originally Posted by 280shooter

Quantum Theory. It was there all along, your perception and it's state of matter/energy just weren't in sync.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,930
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.