Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I've been back in the SF area for a few days to visit elderly parents in the nursing home and had an interesting interaction this evening. I was driving through Oakland in the car I keep in CA and someone pulled up alongside me gesturing. I looked over and the driver had his window rolled down and was yelling about my Trump 2020 bumper sticker. I told him to go eff himself and then yelled back "MAGA, YOU ANTIFA B*TCH".

He freaked out and tried to sideswipe me, so I slowed down enough to keep him in front of me. I also started my cell phone video to capture whatever was about to happen. He ultimately pulled into the other lane so he was on my passenger side, and then slowed enough to get even with me (at this point, I had my gun in my lap ready to go). He pulled up his Antifa colored bandana and pointed a handgun directly at my face.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Apologies for the bad image quality, my phone's camera sucks and this was a screenshot from the video]

We went back and forth in light traffic, with me always staying behind him so he couldn't get a shot or ram me, as I continued to film what he was doing. I knew that if I had to shoot, I'd need proof that I wasn't the aggressor, so I just hung back as he was trying to get me into an accident by swerving into my lane, hitting his brakes, etc. After a few minutes of this, I had enough video and did a last second dash to the Berkeley exit (ironic) and lost the guy.

I've reported the incident to the CHP and sent images of him and his license plate, with an offer to give them the entire video.

It's getting sporty out there and I was wondering what others here would have done in that situation. My first instinct after having the gun pointed at me was to shoot the fugger, but I know how that would have played out in CA. I was ready to defend myself, but not to take the first shot between cars on a freeway.

Last edited by Remsen; 08/16/20.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Under the grill mounted 50 caliber.
One shot.
Guess he had engine trouble

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unless you have a CA carry permit, you’re lucky you didn’t shoot. You would have been fcuked.

Even then............

Last edited by mrmarklin; 08/16/20.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Would be tempting to shoot the fugger and you would have been justified in doing so. Like you said though, cards would be stacked against you in CA. It will be interesting to see if cops follow up with you, dude is obviously unstable and should be arrested.

Last edited by DeadHead; 08/16/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad you are OK... Sounds like you kept a cool head in a life threatening situation... all this while on a trip to visit elderly parents. I'll be very interested to learn if the CA LEO do the right thing... you handed this guy to them on a platter.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Eh, par for the course. It is Oakland.

When I was a little dude, on the few occasions my father would take me to an A's game instead of a Giant's game he would always have his pistol on him.

He was career LEO and *rarely* carried off duty, but ALWAYS when we went to an A's game.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Remsen friend,

If I were you, as sad as it is to say, I'd lose the bumper sticker. Only one I have on my truck is a USA sticker from the Olympics a coupla years back. And I've thought about removing that one. The passenger cars are bumper sticker virgins.

I hope you'll keep us apprised of the response by the "authorities". I'm not up to date on these things but it would appear to prosecutable? You might have to testify in person though.

Glad you kept your cool and will assume you have the proper paperwork, as some of us are lucky enough to obtain. If not, don't mention it here wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I parked by a vehicle in the Walmart parking lot the other day when I was on my gun run and they had a BLM and a bunch of other bumper stickers including one that said " Liberal with a gun".

I much prefer greyman.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
I've been back in the SF area for a few days to visit elderly parents in the nursing home and had an interesting interaction this evening. I was driving through Oakland in the car I keep in CA and someone pulled up alongside me gesturing. I looked over and the driver had his window rolled down and was yelling about my Trump 2020 bumper sticker. I told him to go eff himself and then yelled back "MAGA, YOU ANTIFA B*TCH".

He freaked out and tried to sideswipe me, so I slowed down enough to keep him in front of me. I also started my cell phone video to capture whatever was about to happen. He ultimately pulled into the other lane so he was on my passenger side, and then slowed enough to get even with me (at this point, I had my gun in my lap ready to go). He pulled up his Antifa colored bandana and pointed a handgun directly at my face.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Apologies for the bad image quality, my phone's camera sucks and this was a screenshot from the video]

We went back and forth in light traffic, with me always staying behind him so he couldn't get a shot or ram me, as I continued to film what he was doing. I knew that if I had to shoot, I'd need proof that I wasn't the aggressor, so I just hung back as he was trying to get me into an accident by swerving into my lane, hitting his brakes, etc. After a few minutes of this, I had enough video and did a last second dash to the Berkeley exit (ironic) and lost the guy.

I've reported the incident to the CHP and sent images of him and his license plate, with an offer to give them the entire video.

It's getting sporty out there and I was wondering what others here would have done in that situation. My first instinct after having the gun pointed at me was to shoot the fugger, but I know how that would have played out in CA. I was ready to defend myself, but not to take the first shot between cars on a freeway.

Geeze....glad you didnt have to kill him.

Good luck out there in crazyville.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You did good.

Glad nothing worse happened.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Remsen friend,

If I were you, as sad as it is to say, I'd lose the bumper sticker.

Whatever you do, don’t take this guys advice. Might as well just sport a rainbow sticker just to fit in

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Glad you kept your cool Remsen, I’m sure it weren’t easy

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Remsen friend,

Whatever you do, don’t take this guys advice. Might as well just sport a rainbow sticker just to fit in

You've been to Oakland? Anywhere in the Bay Area recently? Anywhere outside of TN?

If you like advertising to the opposition, go right ahead. I prefer to not give them a warning. Kinda like carrying concealed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That scumbag isn't worth your life or trouble.

More than likely he'll be dead or in jail within a couple of years and you'll still be living the high life.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Remsen friend,

Your a flipping moron.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Remsen friend,

You've been to Oakland? Anywhere in the Bay Area recently? Anywhere outside of TN?

If you like advertising to the opposition, go right ahead. I prefer to not give them a warning. Kinda like carrying concealed.

I was born and raised in Huntington Beach. I go to San Diego a few times a year to fish tuna but that’s the extent of my Cali adventures. My point was that California is still America, you shouldn’t have to hide your beliefs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Remsen friend,

I was born and raised in Huntington Beach. I go to San Diego a few times a year to fish tuna but that’s the extent of my Cali adventures. My point was that California is still America, you shouldn’t have to hide your beliefs.

One shouldn't have to hide one's pistol either.

In some places, it's appropriate to carry openly.

In some places a Trump 2020 bumper sticker will bring a friendly wave (like here on the Modoc). Oakland is not one of those places.

PS which boat do you prefer to book trips on?

Last edited by Valsdad; 08/16/20.

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Remsen friend,

Your a flipping moron.

Do you tell pollsters that you’re a Biden supporter? Why should someone feel they need to hide the fact the support the President? I have friends in CA who sport Trump flags and stickers and have no plans to remove them. I don’t see how hiding your beliefs is any different from pretending to have different beliefs. JMO

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
To bumper sticker or not to bumper sticker...that is the question. Personally, I view 'not to bumper sticker' as a good tactical choice....not cowardice. I lost my urge to proclaim my idealism with trumpets, banners and choosing hills to die on when I got my DD 214 in 1967. This is not say I wouldn't take a pot shot if I thought i could get away with it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Remsen friend,

One shouldn't have to hide one's pistol either.

In some places, it's appropriate to carry openly.

In some places a Trump 2020 bumper sticker will bring a friendly wave (like here on the Modoc). Oakland is not one of those places.

PS which boat do you prefer to book trips on?

That’s true I just have a hard time believing a guy needs to remove his sticker to travel in peace.

Intrepid and Excel are my favorite but I’ve fished most of the boats out of Seaforth and Fisherman’s.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 2ndwind, 4214chip, 36 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,623
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.