Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
flint,

I tend in the same direction.

No hunting club stickers, no Dive flag stickers when I used to dive, no NRA sticker. Nothing to give thieves or "anti's" a reason to Fugg with my vehicle when I'm away from it.

I'm not going to advertise guns being in the house either. They all fell outa the canoe.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Remsen friend,

If I were you, as sad as it is to say, I'd lose the bumper sticker.

Whatever you do, don’t take this guys advice. Might as well just sport a rainbow sticker just to fit in

You've been to Oakland? Anywhere in the Bay Area recently? Anywhere outside of TN?

If you like advertising to the opposition, go right ahead. I prefer to not give them a warning. Kinda like carrying concealed.

I was born and raised in Huntington Beach. I go to San Diego a few times a year to fish tuna but that’s the extent of my Cali adventures. My point was that California is still America, you shouldn’t have to hide your beliefs.

One shouldn't have to hide one's pistol either.

In some places, it's appropriate to carry openly.

In some places a Trump 2020 bumper sticker will bring a friendly wave (like here on the Modoc). Oakland is not one of those places.

PS which boat do you prefer to book trips on?

That’s true I just have a hard time believing a guy needs to remove his sticker to travel in peace.

Intrepid and Excel are my favorite but I’ve fished most of the boats out of Seaforth and Fisherman’s.

I believe a guy I went to college with owns and runs the New Lo Ann. Forgot which boat, but I just had some bluefin the other day my neighbor gave me. He got back from SD a week or two ago.

I've never had the time or the funds when I had time, to go after tuna on a longer trip. 1/2, 3/4, and full day are all I've done. Never got anything big, but did take a jackpot one 1/2 day trip with a decent sheepshead.

Oakland is a whole other world from Huntington Beach and SD. Perhaps if Remsen had not responded at all the guy would never have screwed with him, but in Oakland even that would not be a guarantee.

Last edited by Valsdad; 08/16/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
flint,

I tend in the same direction.

No hunting club stickers, no Dive flag stickers when I used to dive, no NRA sticker. Nothing to give thieves or "anti's" a reason to Fugg with my vehicle when I'm away from it.

I'm not going to advertise guns being in the house either. They all fell outa the canoe.

You nailed it Geno, tactics.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Remsen friend,

If I were you, as sad as it is to say, I'd lose the bumper sticker.

Whatever you do, don’t take this guys advice. Might as well just sport a rainbow sticker just to fit in

You've been to Oakland? Anywhere in the Bay Area recently? Anywhere outside of TN?

If you like advertising to the opposition, go right ahead. I prefer to not give them a warning. Kinda like carrying concealed.

I was born and raised in Huntington Beach. I go to San Diego a few times a year to fish tuna but that’s the extent of my Cali adventures. My point was that California is still America, you shouldn’t have to hide your beliefs.

One shouldn't have to hide one's pistol either.

In some places, it's appropriate to carry openly.

In some places a Trump 2020 bumper sticker will bring a friendly wave (like here on the Modoc). Oakland is not one of those places.

PS which boat do you prefer to book trips on?

That’s true I just have a hard time believing a guy needs to remove his sticker to travel in peace.

Intrepid and Excel are my favorite but I’ve fished most of the boats out of Seaforth and Fisherman’s.

I believe a guy I went to college with owns and runs the New Lo Ann. Forgot which boat, but I just had some bluefin the other day my neighbor gave me. He got back from SD a week or two ago.

I've never had the time or the funds when I had time, to go after tuna on a longer trip. 1/2, 3/4, and full day are all I've done. Never got anything big, but did take a jackpot one 1/2 day trip with a decent sheepshead.

Oakland is a whole other world from Huntington Beach and SD. Perhaps if Remsen had not responded at all the guy would never have screwed with him, but in Oakland even that would not be a guarantee.

Ive been on NLA and The San Diego 3/4 days a couple times as well. They are all fun but the multi day trips are definitely worth the time and money.

Sorry for the hijack Remsen. Keep rocking that MAGA decal! LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You did good, he'll be killed by someone else before long and you didn't have to worry about it.

Lol, imagine what he would have done had he seen this.

[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The coolest head always prevail in situations like that. Find a nursing home in Montana for them.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
You are correct on all counts. I am sure your blood was up as would have been mine.

The only friendly suggestion I might make would be to do everything possible to extract yourself from ever having to go to that place again. I do realize your parents are there. You said that. If that could be remedied?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911
Eh, par for the course. It is Oakland.

When I was a little dude, on the few occasions my father would take me to an A's game instead of a Giant's game he would always have his pistol on him.

He was career LEO and *rarely* carried off duty, but ALWAYS when we went to an A's game.

LOL

You’d have pissed in your thong and crashed your Subaru.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Remsen,

I think you handled it perfectly.

Bravo to you.

And your nose.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a beautiful sentiment. But like most beautiful sentiments, it's naive. This isn't the America of 1960. Or even 1990. We are at war now. Cars, houses, etc. are indefensible. If you want to express your beliefs, do it on something you can defend. Like a t-shirt.

The grey man doesn't put stickers on his car.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I avoid trouble if I can. Plenty of trouble comes looking for me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Before the '16 election I had a "thumbs up" Trump magnet on the Jeep. Many times I found it turned upside down, so the thumb was pointing down. Things aren't so harmless and benign this time around.

BTW, I'm glad you survived the encounter.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Remsen,

I think you handled it perfectly.

Bravo to you.

And your nose.

Dude,

his "Tribe" has been around a long time.

They have ingrained experience in dealing with these things I bet.

In it is contentment

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dangerous encounter for sure.

I'm glad it turned out okay for you.

Retired cat herder.

R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I know that having a car with a Trump bumper sticker in the Oakland area means I'm a target, and it's something I willingly do because I simply don't allow anyone to censor me. I've had other stuff happen because of the bumper sticker (I put it on right after the 2016 election, when the lunatic "resistance" was in the streets rioting over a lawful election) and know the consequences. I take precautions and I've spent a good part of my life keeping my eyes open for trouble, and when the guy tried to run me off the road I recognized it as an Antifa tactic and knew how to avoid it. But it's pretty crazy when you get a gun pointed at you for simply supporting the President...

If the authorities ever respond to my report, I'll let y'all know what they do. In the meantime, after seeing what happened to that poor guy in the truck in Portland on the same day, the only thing I can say is that if you're surrounded by several thousand pounds of steel, recognize the power of that as a defensive weapon.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Avoidance and disengagement are rarely bad tactics. I would hate to go to trial in that jurisdiction. I would bet that the jail is comfy and full of good fellowsgrin.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Live to fight another day".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would hope I could handle it like you did. Adrenalin bump for sure. I would also expect to get a ticket for distracted driving, lol.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like you handled it well and kept your cool, considering.

I'd want to follow the F'er home but that would probably be pretty stupid. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a fan of having a gun pointed at me. Glad it worked out for you.

Yup.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 78 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,824
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.