Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Great trigger. Have multiples. Will be buying more, especially as they increase their line to include more brands of rifles.
GreggH

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have 1 in a Bergara Pro. I have them all and it is a very nice trigger. Best I have is a Bix and Andy in a 40x WOW.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Worth every penny. Watch for sales direct from TT around Black Friday. But they go fast ...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I like TT Primary, but I like the TT Special even more! I like the fact I can easily dial it up or down ( depending on the weather/my sore hands) I also "Number 1" like the way they handle gunk & debris! I used Shilen for years and once had a minute piece of sage leaf lock it up! Arrgh! I sleep better at night when I know my shooting irons are reliable! smile

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by devnull
TriggerTech Primary is all you need for a hunting rifle. They are the best trigger out these days for a hunting rifle.

I have had 2 of them, fixing to get one for my Mark V now that they are released. One of the reasons is the crispness and the other is what Jim Knight cited above.

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I was a huge fan of the Timney's but as others have said, I've been finding the TriggerTechs nicer than the Timney's lately. At least in the base models. I believe they are made in Canada, not US like Timneys. Definitely not China.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got one, like it- a special. . Very light and crisp. Easy to install -had to shave just a little bit of walnut in mine to make it fit but that was next to nothing.

My ooooooooone thing about it I would improve ist the safety lever engagement - or rather disengagement.

THAT could be a little crisper and more positive feeling. Mine slides too easily for comfort.

To me it is akin to the click adjustment on a Leupold. Could be more tactile or precise.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I have 3 Diamonds. Puked one. Customer service kinda sucks being from another country....

Did TT tell you what went wrong?

I only have one Primary, but I like it better than the Timney 51x-series of triggers that I've had.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Are you kidding? I said their CS sucked...... They had me send the bad trigger (safety stuck forward on 'fire') to Alabama or Georgia or some damn place down south. And when I gave them my post office box address to mail the replacement to, they said they couldn't do that, and needed my physical address to send it to. I explained that we don't have usps rural delivery here, and if sent thru the mail it had to go to my PO box. Natcherly, I assumed they was sending it fedex or UPS. Well, wrong-O.... They sent it canadapost to USPS. It took them over a frigging week just to get one in the mail, and it is STILL held up at the border. No movement on tracking from Ontario since August 12th. Once it gets down here, they'll probably turn it around and return it to sender as 'undeliverable as addressed'. Un-fugging-believable.... WTF didn't they send a replacement from their American distributor, that they had me send the bad one to? The guy I was dealing with on it, Ed, told me they would have to wait for their 'team' to get one in stock to send me. Team? Ain't you guys the frigging manufacturer? You don't keep a single, stupid trigger in stock, for situations like this? You have to wait for some 'team member', that probably is paid by the hour, to build one from scratch, just to have one to send me? Good fugging Grief.....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The Diamonds are good, the rest are not as good. I'd rather a Jewell or a Shilen.
Just like rifles no days everyone seems to be into cheap stuff.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a Primary on all of my 700s and love them. I guess I’m gonna have to spend $400.......they’re making them for the Kimber 84. Hope they start making a replacement for the Winchester MOA too.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Are you kidding? I said their CS sucked...... They had me send the bad trigger (safety stuck forward on 'fire') to Alabama or Georgia or some damn place down south.

That's disappointing. You'd think they'd want to make it right ASAP, with the safety stuck on "fire".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I reckon ASAP to them means 16 days, and no end in sight..... kinda soured me on them.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Triggertechs are good, but haven't seen a vast difference between them and, say, Timney, Jewell or others. But have seen far better customer service from other trigger companies.

Timney would be a good example. Bought a used Timney trigger for a Remington 700 on the Campfire Classifieds a couple years ago, but when I installed it it didn't work right--and could not get it to, despite installing a lot of Timneys (and other triggers) over the years. Sent it to their repair department, with a note saying that since I'd bought it used, I'd be happy to pay for any repairs. In about a week a new trigger showed up in the mail.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can't speak about TT's customer service, but the mail is sloooow. I mail to the US all the time. My books are taking an extra week to ten days to arrive at their destinations in CONUS. It's the same for stuff coming from the US to here.

The first bunch of my CampFryer books were shipped from Columbia, SC a week ago, and are due in tomorrow. They normally take two or three days. This is what it says on the USPS site.

ALERT: As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 emergency, certain packages may take longer than usual to arrive.

Good luck.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Steve,

Thanks for your observation. The mail has been slow inside the U.S. lately, apparently due to the recently appointed Postmaster General, who was assigned to cut costs--and did.

That has recently been addressed quite fervently by our representatives in Washington, and things are speeding up again.

I don't think he realized quite how much the slowing down of the U.S. mail system affects so many people--including many small businesses, such as yours, and our own small publishing company. Plus, many paychecks and prescription drugs arrived very late.

The two senators and lone congressman from Montana (a pair of Republicans and one Democrat) were quite firm with the Postmaster that this was BS, as were quite a few from other states, from both parties. Things are already returning to normal.

Don't know how much all of this affected the Triggertech customer support.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
John,

I don't know about TT, but I have experienced problems getting supplies from the US for several months. I expect that some of the things TT uses come from down south too. I should add that it is not just the post office, but UPS orders as well. I ordered a couple of radio mounts from California and they took almost a month to arrive. The business shipped them three days after I ordered, but it took another three weeks. I have never seen that before from UPS.

WRT my own mailings, two people complained that I had not sent them their orders. I keep the tracking numbers, but that doesn't help the person who is waiting. Others who deal with cross border ordering (either direction) have told me the same thing.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
For hunters, any of the quality aftermarket triggers are better than the Remington factory ones. The deer don't care what brand it is!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Steve,

Yep, we have had the same difficulty, in reverse.

Have had more than one Canadian customer in the past year, who lived close to the U.S. border, rent a post office box in the nearest U.S. town across the border--partly because that's what a lot of our customers have done, since the cross-border shipping rates for a single book went from around $6 a decade ago to $20 now.

Unfortunately, the Canadians who rented a U.S. post office box in the past few months now can't cross the border, due to the coronavirus.

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
For hunters, any of the quality aftermarket triggers are better than the Remington factory ones. The deer don't care what brand it is!

Whitetails have a support group to work through the embarrassment of being taken with a Remington rifle sporting a factory trigger.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 6mmbrfan, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 23 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,086
Posts18,501,709
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.