Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SAV22 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
WARDS COLLECTIBLES AUCTION HAS A LOT OF SAVAGE ITEMS IN IT THIS TIME. ALSO A 284 99M OR 99DL GUN NUMBER IS #4082 PLUS CATALOGS,GUNS,HANG TAGS GO AND LOOK.

RESIGNING IS A MESH! FIRST TIME 2014 SIGNED UP AND HAD TO RESIGN TODAY W/NEW PASSWORD.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A super rare variant for the guy that doesn't have one, which is almost every collector. Has the wrong sling studs and ignore the 1951 date, it should be 1964.

https://www.wardscollectibles.com/viewitem.php?item=4082

Last edited by Fireball2; 08/22/20.

LOL
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

How come it's all right for these guys to post a live auction when others gets their butt in a sling???????????????????????????????????????????

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah.. about time to post it up again.

From the Misc Info thread:

• Post auctions that are finished - cool
  • Post auctions that are warnings to potential buyers of known issues - cool
  • Post auctions that have been online for a long time b/c they are way over priced or just junk - cool
  • Post things on their first listing that ppl here are likely bidding on and don't want competition - NOT cool

Last edited by Calhoun; 08/23/20.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FUG1899

How come it's all right for these guys to post a live auction when others gets their butt in a sling???????????????????????????????????????????

Since I'm not a buyer, just a looker at this point in time, I appreciate having interesting rifles pointed out to me.

If I was bidding on said rifles, I wouldn't appreciated the potential for additional bidders, but I'd get over it.

Post 'em all and let the chips fall where they may.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We can talk about the guns when the auction is over just as easily

The list of 99s that I would buy right now is so short that it really doesn’t matter all the much to me but I don’t post live auctions as a courtesy to the other members

Others can do what they want.....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I never see anyone post an active auction they are actually bidding on themselves.

I know the people who post may think they are helping someone but you have to ask who might benefit, there is only going to be one winner and if the winner ends up being someone who already found it then it was no help to them and they and others who had found it may resent your posting. The others who may benefit are the consignor and the auction house if you feel your posting helps drive the price up and they may be the only ones to benefit if there ends up being something wrong with the item that was not apparent in the auction listing, then the winner will probably wish they had never saw it.

PS, I was already out bid on three items so it didn't affect me on them, but it certainly isn't of any help.

Last edited by GeneB; 08/23/20.

Gene
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by GeneB
I never see anyone post an active auction they are actually bidding on themselves.

I know the people who post may think they are helping someone but you have to ask who might benefit, there is only going to be one winner and if the winner ends up being someone who already found it then it was no help to them and they and others who had found it may resent your posting. The others who may benefit are the consignor and the auction house if you feel your posting helps drive the price up and they may be the only ones to benefit if there ends up being something wrong with the item that was not apparent in the auction listing, then the winner will probably wish they had never saw it.

PS, I was already out bid on three items so it didn't affect me on them, but it certainly isn't of any help.

Well said Gene.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh boy, Fireball's in trouble again.

Listen, I'm tired from a big project at home so NOBODY'S climbin my tree today. Sorry if someone's butthurt. Bottom line is, that rifle isn't selling cheap so if you want one quit bitchin and start peeling off the benjamins.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I wanted that rifle, I'd be happy to have someone point it out to me, and I'd be prepared to pay dearly for it. It's for sale on the internet, it's more than likely to sell for good money no matter what you may want.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry if I'm crabby.

LOL
S
S
Hi, first time poster, though long time lurker. Can someone please tell me why this example is rare? The model, or the chambering, or this model in this particular chambering? Thanks!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sprint60, Not very many 99s made in 284 win with cut checkering. I've never seen 1 in person, but I don't get out much grin
Welcome to the fire.

Lee

S
SAV22 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I READ ALL OF THE FEED BACKS, LOOKS TO ME THAT A COUPLE OF YOU ARE BIG CRY BABIES. THE AUCTION HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE 1998. STOP CRYING AND START LOOKING, THE 284 WAS MADE ONE YEAR ONLY, ONE PERSON IS RIGHT ABOUT THE CHECKING MAKES THE GUN HARD TO FIND. STOP CRYING AND START PUTTING OUT GOOD INFORMATION. ARE YOU MAD BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T POST IT? YOU NEED TO GROW UP! OH YES, DID YOU ALL LOOK AT THE CATALOGS FOR SAVAGES IN THE AUCTION.

RESIGNING IS A MESH! FIRST TIME 2014 SIGNED UP AND HAD TO RESIGN TODAY W/NEW PASSWORD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, that was a quick block of one jerk.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Oregon....... enough said.

Guess that will make two.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
To clairify, the .284 in models DL and F was only made for about one year before changing to pressed checkering.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAV22
I READ ALL OF THE FEED BACKS, ........................................................... ARE YOU MAD BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T POST IT?
I think you need to read them again, I see nothing in any of the posts that even slightly suggests that. I see only one post where it appears the person is mad and has resorted to name calling. No one is really mad at you, many just feel it's better to not post live auctions for reason stated above. That site has been around long enough that the knowledgeable collectors will already have found the items and will bid them to a reasonable level, all the items had bids when you posted, I see no need to get more bidders, some may not have the knowledge to know when to stop.

Gene
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
well since I am low poster on the totem pole, my thoughts don't count for much on here. "if its an auction, some one is going to see it" so it matters very little to me if its posted, I had not heard of this particular auction. I can either afford it or not, that's the way I look at it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by texken
well since I am low poster on the totem pole, my thoughts don't count for much on here. "if its an auction, some one is going to see it" so it matters very little to me if its posted, I had not heard of this particular auction. I can either afford it or not, that's the way I look at it.

Which illustrates the point that the people who dedicate hours and hours to finding good deals find more deals. It's been the consensus for 15+ years to allow the people who put the work in to reap the rewards of their labor. By posting auctions publicly, it's not just opening the auction up to other campfire members - it's opening it up to the hundreds or thousands of lurkers who have never contributed to the knowledge here.

I know for a fact at least one Cabela's gun library manager has watched this site and also buys from online auctions frequently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 53 invisible), 12,318 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,257
Posts18,544,605
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.