Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I used to drink the vanilla Ensure, I thought it was pretty good. It's expensive or I'd still drink it every day.

Heck yeah, the house lady got these recent but I remember grabbing up a 12ver of them in walgreens a while back and they were about $16

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My oncologist has me drinking one a day to try to keep my weight stable. I mix the vanilla boost with a few strawberries, two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, and a little bit of milk in a blender.

Its not the best milk shake in the world but its a lot easier to tolerate than just Boost by itself..

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I take 50,000 iu caplet of vitamin D once a week. The pharmacy only gives me 4 caplets a month. Insurance BS

and those things, youre supposed to eat a full meal with one or its too hard on you. I can’t do that, so I aint been taking the vit D

Got myself a daily micro pearl of only 400ie. Slip that in with other meds.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BayouRover
My oncologist has me drinking one a day to try to keep my weight stable. I mix the vanilla boost with a few strawberries, two scoops of ice cream and a little bit of milk in a blender.

Its not the best milk shake in the world but its a lot easier to tolerate than just Boost by itself..

I swore I was going to do that before when I was in the hospital. I thought that was a good idea. I my daughter actually gave me that idea.

They was going to put a TPN feeding tube in my sidewall then. The wife got me out of that hospital “AMA” against medical advice and started feeding me rolled up boar’s head ham with cream cheese in the middles.

I stopped eating before for 23 days in the hosp, they tried to label as a psych case because I couldnt eat.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Slum , I had two Surgeries late last year . I needed something as I got weak from Blood loss , so I tried Boost Strawberry ...... I like it . I even drink it now and again when I feel under par . Most folks like it Cold , but I'm used to not drinking Cold drinks . There was an old Baseball player ( some black Pitcher (?) who played into his 50s IIRC ) who used to say : " Don't drink anything Cold ..... it angers the blood " . Can't think of his name as my CRS is showing . Good Luck with your Health problem and chug that Boost.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't find any of the box shakes to be very tasty. The consistency is always a bit snotty. Like others say, get a little blender and add some milk and flavor adders like peanut butter, or fruit, or ice cream. I make easy protein shakes with a shaker bottle using milk, chocolate protein powder, and powdered peanut butter (plus ice cubes). Tasted like a Reese cup. Way better than pre-packaged shakes.

Now with even more aplomb
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord

I stopped eating before for 23 days in the hosp, they tried to label as a psych case because I couldnt eat.

Dang, 23 days.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Hey slum.... is your puppet skankhunt42

Lmao

Last edited by fester; 08/25/20.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Skank is good people, legit

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I tried the double protein of Ensure for 2 months. Needed to put on weight. Zip results

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Skank is good people, legit

You are to!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like you are into this deep.

I'd get a vita-mix at Costco and mix up some of your own recipes.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Psych case................

bwahahahahah.............

Little do they know, eh? grin

All joking aside, I hope you get something figured out. Chow hound that I am, I can't abide the thought of them after having had a few after some surgeries. I think with all the goodies they pack into the, one might end up spending more trying to come up with a homemade version though.

I've had visions of being restricted to that kind of thing with this gastritis stuff going on here. It won't work well if they try to get me on that program

Good luck with it friend. You're still on a list, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Slummy - gargle before you swallow (uh, chug) it. (Think that was from a Howard Stern movie wink )

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I take 50,000 iu caplet of vitamin D once a week. The pharmacy only gives me 4 caplets a month. Insurance BS

and those things, youre supposed to eat a full meal with one or its too hard on you. I can’t do that, so I aint been taking the vit D

Calcitriol is the real deal vitamin D. It is an easier form to assimilate calcium into the body. I take 2 tablets a day or else I would be dead in a few weeks. Need a perscription for it, and it is 40 bucks a month with my prescription plan.
My suicided junky doctor cut out my parathyroids by mistake, so that is how I get calcium. Regular D won't do it for me.
good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Terryk

Calcitriol is the real deal vitamin D. It is an easier form to assimilate calcium into the body. I take 2 tablets a day or else I would be dead in a few weeks. Need a perscription for it, and it is 40 bucks a month with my prescription plan.
My suicided junky doctor cut out my parathyroids by mistake, so that is how I get calcium. Regular D won't do it for me.
good luck.
I’m on calcitroil and cinacalcet both, for reason of hyper-Parathyroidism.
My vitamin D is still low teens

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by fester
Hey slum.... is your puppet skankhunt42

Lmao

Why would you think that?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Slim fast is basically the same stuff, just different marketing. As I recall Slimfast actually has more calories, and may not taste good, but isn't disgusting.

Another alternative is any of the body building type protein powders.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/25/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I used to drink the vanilla Ensure, I thought it was pretty good. It's expensive or I'd still drink it every day.

Heck yeah, the house lady got these recent but I remember grabbing up a 12ver of them in walgreens a while back and they were about $16

Yes the stuff is expensive. But if I had your condition I'd drink it every day as long as I could afford it.

I hope things get better for you. Sorry you have so many medical issues.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The wife would drink em. But that was a year or two back. Who knows what she’d say about them now.

(I suppose if someone else other than me got them for her they would be the greatest thing on earth).

I have never had one. But I used to drink a lot of Carnation instant breakfast when I was a kid! 😜😜😜

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.