Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Is this the same scope as the Meopta Meopro? I thought Cabelas discontinued the re-badged Meopros and this one also looks a little different.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-instinct-hd-rifle-scope

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have two of these scopes which I got cheap in the Cabela's bargain cave. The writing on the scope in your link is different. On the left side of the scope the inscription "instinct" is on the ocular bell on my scope and it's on the objective bell in the linked picture. The word "Cabela's" on the right side ocular bell is above the word "instinct" on my scope and is in line with that description on the scope in your link.My scopes also have a plain duplex reticle.

You might want to give Meopta customer service a call to see if there are any other differences.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
buy one from cameraland....from what i hear the warr. is only good thru cabelas and that aint good.....

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I just noticed the Instinct's weight is listed at 13oz. If that's correct, it's a good bit lighter than the MeoPro so this could be a good lightweight option.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dkevinbarnes
Is this the same scope as the Meopta Meopro? I thought Cabelas discontinued the re-badged Meopros and this one also looks a little different.

Yes.

Originally Posted by gene270
buy one from cameraland....from what i hear the warr. is only good thru cabelas and that aint good.....

Yep. That seems to be the big question. They are clearly meopta scopes (even labeled meopta on exterior) and they come with the meopta booklet saying they have a lifetime warranty, but neither BassPro nor Meopta will confirm.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Meopta charges to repair Cabelas branded scopes. Buy a Meopta

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just noticed the Instinct's weight is listed at 13oz. If that's correct, it's a good bit lighter than the MeoPro so this could be a good lightweight option.

It’s not correct. It’s a typo. They weigh the same. frown

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Compared to mine there are some minor cosmetic differences. The scope caps are different. The logo on the scope cap is on the other side of the scope and not on a cap. Mine says Cabelas Instinct on the rear objective. The Meopta logo is under the scope where it can't readily be seen once mounted. The reticle appears to be the same as mine.

That doesn't mean it isn't the same scope. Minor cosmetic upgrades happen often. The only ones labeled Meopta I've seen are priced at $500. At $300 I'd chance it if I needed a scope. If it comes in and you don't like it you can return it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Meopta charges to repair Cabelas branded scopes. Buy a Meopta

Meopta didn't charge me anything to fix my scope. Actually, they replaced my Cabelas Instinct with a brand new Meopro at no charge... The only thing I paid was shipping.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Meopta didn't charge me to work on my Euro Instinct binoculars. They were well out of collimation. They came back looking like brand new.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All I can say is I was told by a Meopta warranty tech, they would charge to repair Cabelas branded optics.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Email from Meopta

"We will repair the Cabela’s branded Meopta binoculars, yes. Normally there is a cost associated with the repair as the lifetime warranty was offered through Cabela’s. Meopta gave a one-year manufacturers warranty to Cabela’s to where anything that went wrong with the item in that first year we would repair or replace at no cost, but since they stopped honoring that we only repair them at a cost to the customer. Are you having an issue with some binoculars?"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well that stinks!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Email from Meopta

"We will repair the Cabela’s branded Meopta binoculars, yes. Normally there is a cost associated with the repair as the lifetime warranty was offered through Cabela’s. Meopta gave a one-year manufacturers warranty to Cabela’s to where anything that went wrong with the item in that first year we would repair or replace at no cost, but since they stopped honoring that we only repair them at a cost to the customer. Are you having an issue with some binoculars?"

I wasn't disputing your word. All I know is, I was having issues with my Instinct not "tracking" correctly. I called Cabelas and they said since I bought the scope from the Bargain Cave it was "as is" no returns, and I mean I talked to several people up the "food chain".

I called Meopta and told them what Cabelas said. They told me to send it back. I sent it back and 3 days later a CS rep called me and said they were going to replace the scope. Roughly 3 days later a brand new, Meopro arrived at my door. Not one red cent was paid except shipping to Meopta.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That is how you retain a Customer for life. I have been doing some freelance work with Meopta for the past 18 month and it is a rarity that someone has a problem with one of their products. As always, if you have a Meopta question, I will do my best to answer it for you.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Surprised Meopta's are having issues.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I agree bman940 - it is.

Highoctane’s experience is more along the lines of what I would anticipate from a quality company like Meopta. As I have mentioned on other threads on this very topic, the scope linked above being offered through Bass Pro isn’t just branded Cabela’s – it’s clearly branded Meopta in multiple places. I just can’t imagine the situation where a manufacturer would say yep, that’s clearly our scope with our name on it, and it’s defective - and we’re not going to fix it. I have to think if it were truly a manufactures issue, they would make it right. Maybe not so much if you dropped it off a cliff and then try to get a replacement, but I feel confident that a true defect would be taken care of.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am skeptical that the new scope is not a knock off of the Meopta. They cleared out the Meopta Instincts when Bass Pro bought Cabelas. Could be legitimate but caveat emptor.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It is not a knock off. They (bass pro) has had them for at least a year now. It’s the newer meopta assembled in Czech Republic. They definitely are a bit different than the older Cabela’s instinct scopes in that they have aluminum turret covers with the Cabela instinct logo.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

The .88 at the end indicates discontinued, FWIW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (257 mag, 1badf350, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 26 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,327
Posts18,526,535
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.