Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LD, that stock is a BCM MOD-0 SOPMOD.

I really like LMT's SOPMOD stocks on a little bigger, more precision rifle, ditto for Magpul's STR, but the BCM is lighter, very snug on the buffer tube & gives very good cheek weld on a smaller, lighter, shorter gun & balances it very well.

And it's a lot cheaper than an LMT, if you can even find one, & quite a bit cheaper than a Magpul STR.

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone know the current wait time for SBR and suppressor?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I really like LMT's SOPMOD stocks on a little bigger, more precision rifle, ditto for Magpul's STR, but the BCM is lighter, very snug on the buffer tube & gives very good cheek weld on a smaller, lighter, shorter gun & balances it very well.

And it's a lot cheaper than an LMT, if you can even find one, & quite a bit cheaper than a Magpul STR.

MM

Thanks much, MM. I'll check those out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Anyone know the current wait time for SBR and suppressor?

First one, from nov to july, 2nd feb to august. Not consistent and depends on how you file for the stamp.pay N wait mostly.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by johnn
Just finished this, and then accidentally drove over the fugger

A shame. Brigand handguards kick azz.

Edit: Ah, you were joking. Duh. Anyway, nice AR

Thanks. 4 pounds 4 oz, w/o muzzle device, magazine or optic. I just added a 1/2" in the tube so the BCG doesn't smack the receiver... weight just went up slightly. HA.so it goes

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MM

MM, I see some of these marked "Wide Body" and some not. Is that a second type of SOPMOD stock or am I looking at the same thing? Thanks.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This one, plain jane model, no storage, no compartment.

BCM MOD-O SOPMOD

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This one, plain jane model, no storage, no compartment.

BCM MOD-O SOPMOD

MM

Thanks, MM. Just ordered one from Big Daddy Unlimited. $46.99 on sale. $6.95 shipping.

Going to try it on my commie zapper first. If I like it, I'll put it on the 6.8, too.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
After some thought, I think I've decided to go with a 300 BLK primarily subsonic and suppressed. I'm probably going to go with about a 8 1/2 to 9 inch barrel and a 6 1/2 inch suppressor. Planning on using a pistol brace to avoid the need for an SBR stamp. And lastly, while I wait for the suppressor, I was thinking about getting one of the "mock" suppressors, just to simulate having a similar length and weight at the end of the barrel for purposes of muscle memory.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Any advice on braces? I was looking at the SB Tactical.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't you started building yet???????????????????

No time like the present. Analysis paralysis?

MM

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Any advice on braces? I was looking at the SB Tactical.

The only brace I’ve kept is the SBA4 on a 300 BLKO KAC 8” upper. It’s alright... but will go down the road when my SBR stamps complete.

Like MM said...quit dabbling...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't you started building yet???????????????????

No time like the present. Analysis paralysis?

MM

Hahaha. Gotta get the barrel and handguard still. Was waiting for my decision on the caliber first of course. Just got the lower receiver from the FFL dealer in town today 👍

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As far as the SBA3 vs SBA4. The A3 has the sling mount more to the rear, so I really prefer that placement. The A4 is more ridged so you may prefer that. For me it is close, but I would probably get an A4 if I was building another.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Terryk
As far as the SBA3 vs SBA4. The A3 has the sling mount more to the rear, so I really prefer that placement. The A4 is more ridged so you may prefer that. For me it is close, but I would probably get an A4 if I was building another.

Seems like the SB3 might hang better when walking because of that.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, I'm looking at braces online. I don't have the buffer tube yet. I see some that have a milspec buffer tube and others that have a pistol buffer tube. Can't say I have any experience with a pistol buffer tube yet.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Okay, I'm looking at braces online. I don't have the buffer tube yet. I see some that have a milspec buffer tube and others that have a pistol buffer tube. Can't say I have any experience with a pistol buffer tube yet.

You want the one's with the Milspec tube. They are adjustable.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You want the one's with the Milspec tube. They are adjustable.

Sounds good thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ordered the SBA3 brace and a Ballistic Advantage 8.5" barrel. Now looking for a handguard and I'll have almost all my parts. Then of course, try to find ammo- DOH!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ordered the SBA3 brace and a Ballistic Advantage 8.5" barrel. Now looking for a handguard and I'll have almost all my parts. Then of course, try to find ammo- DOH!

Handguard might be tough. Almost all of the top tier manufacturers are out of stock. Make sure you put yourself on the notify list, if you see something you like that's out of stock.

Ammo.. well..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 11 invisible), 1,698 guests, and 766 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.