Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[quote=Rick n Tenn]Having to spend a summer night on an island at Lake of the woods cause the motor quit . Bears, wolves and insects that eat you alive .

Having to spend the night 60 miles out from Slidell on a 20ft boat cause the motor won't start . Drifting towards the gulf and sharks.

Having to spend the night on Ghost river cause you took the wrong fork in the river . insects , cottonmouth and big foot .

Having wife ask you where you really where all night .

Single motor outfits can suck at times.

Oh, for a good back up or even a kicker trolling motor.

Wives can be like that eh? wink
I grew up with electric motors that were like 12 lbs. thrust and those were some of the most powerful made. My Minn Kota is 50 lbs. thrust and that ain't enough when going several miles back to the ramp on the main lake.
[/quote

I was thinking a gas powered kicker.

Depending on the size of the boat, you're correct. Even that big MinnKota might not get you back.

Might be best to have a sail rigged and ready to go? grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Lying on the jungle floor in a night ambush while awaiting some folks to enter your kill zone. Absolute silence and stillness is mandatory. You have been feasted on by insects for 3 hours and now feel something with legs crawling up your leg, inside your pants, in the direction of your rapidly contracting nutsack. It will make you want to kill something.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Peeing on an electric fence.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chiggers are the worst. Or is it No See Ums? Or is it those brown recluse spiders? I hate them all.

I remember going through SOI at Camp Pendleton spending the night in a hole we dug just before sundown. Tarantulas. Lots of Tarantulas. Hand to hand combat all night. Glad to report we won but it wasn't your typical training exercise.

God Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Chiggers are the worst. Or is it No See Ums? Or is it those brown recluse spiders? I hate them all.

I remember going through SOI at Camp Pendleton spending the night in a hole we dug just before sundown. Tarantulas. Lots of Tarantulas. Hand to hand combat all night. Glad to report we won but it wasn't your typical training exercise.

I have yet to meet one person, in all the years I lived in tarantula territory, that was ever seriously injured by one. Or even moderately injured. I've had them walk up and inspect my bare toe while I was wearing sandals, tap tap tap with their front legs, then turn away and drop into a pencil diameter hole.

Lying there at Pendelton, the least of my worries would be tarantulas. Scorpions, black widows, rattlers, rat mites, fleas, and poison oak would be way more of a concern depending upon where your exercises were held.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I had chiggers on my nuts one time, it felt better to scratch than it does to [bleep].

Poison ivy bad 3 times, miserable cshit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Half a century back, half a world away, a recon team was rotating guard duty during night bivouac. Guy #1 wakes up guy #2 and crawls under the skeeter net. Something swatted the net rather sharply, and assuming it was his “buddy” he swatted back. That was met with another sharp slap on the net so he rolled over and lit up his night lensed flashlight. He was starring face to face with a cobra later estimated to be about 12’ length, coiled with hood flared and tongue flicking. A full magazine from his AR-15 dispatched the monster and prompted relocation to another bivouac site.

I dunno he had a change of pants handy or not.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chiggers? Pffft! Once you scratch out the saliva tube they leave behind you’re good.

I would gladly endure a scrotum full of chiggers to keep us from a President Biden/Harris/Obama/Newsome etc etc etc, which would be far worse.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
Married to Pelosi?Schiff

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Half a century back, half a world away, a recon team was rotating guard duty during night bivouac. Guy #1 wakes up guy #2 and crawls under the skeeter net. Something swatted the net rather sharply, and assuming it was his “buddy” he swatted back. That was met with another sharp slap on the net so he rolled over and lit up his night lensed flashlight. He was starring face to face with a cobra later estimated to be about 12’ length, coiled with hood flared and tongue flicking. A full magazine from his AR-15 dispatched the monster and prompted relocation to another bivouac site.

I dunno he had a change of pants handy or not.

I believe that I recall T Lee being out on patrol and had a buddy’s 6 by shooting a tiger off his bud’s back.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Chiggers? Pffft! Once you scratch out the saliva tube they leave behind you’re good.

I would gladly endure a scrotum full of chiggers to keep us from a President Biden/Harris/Obama/Newsome etc etc etc, which would be far worse.

Some days you have a way with words!

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Worst nightmare?

It would involve fire ants.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rat mites are no fun, especially when it takes a week or so to find out the source.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A novacaine needle breaking off in the mouth....
Have had dreams about that schitt....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 21, 62 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.