-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had one explode on my firewood trailer this past spring. A spectacular explosion. Lots of tread and the shop remembered I was in the day before to assure that all were up to pressure.

1Minute
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
He's lucky that one didn't send him to the ditch. A few of the mom & pop tire stores around have what they call "take-offs". Essentially new tires that their customers want taken off for something better once their new car leaves the dealership. You can get them at a fraction of the cost. No warranty or road hazard, but good "new" OEM tires just the same.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sent the wife down to the sawmill in the f250 and 16ft trailer to get a bundle of hickory slabs.

If I go down there to the sawmill, they say all the slabs are presold for the tobacco growing mennonites. Ok sure

Send her down, tell her to do the yoga pants, pony tail, sports bra thing. Sure enough, the greaseballs will load the trailer up.

Calls me says trailer had a magnificent explosion on one of the 4 trailer tires. 10 miles from the house. Told her it still had 3 more back there come on with it. She said hunks of rubber was flying 20ft in the air and chit. Got home and the tire was completely off the rim and gone. Lol.

Piece of cake.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Blew a drivers side steer tire on my old Pete.

Loaded....65 mph....while in a right hand curve.

Flipped the hood up.

Was sporty.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
He's lucky that one didn't send him to the ditch. A few of the mom & pop tire stores around have what they call "take-offs". Essentially new tires that their customers want taken off for something better once their new car leaves the dealership. You can get them at a fraction of the cost. No warranty or road hazard, but good "new" OEM tires just the same.

For a good while I could go to the Dodge dealership and get brand spankin new goodyear wranglers. For $200 a set, even still on the Jeep rims.

All the “hey man i’m Bob from the fob, just got back from iraq im gonna buy a tar baby jacked up jeep” soldiers want 33 or 36 mudders. So they finance that ghetto crap all into the new loan, and clearance those wranglers out across the parts counter.

Take them town hill billy tire shop and for $20 he’ll peel em off the rims and swap em all out onto your pickup.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I sent the wife down to the sawmill in the f250 and 16ft trailer to get a bundle of hickory slabs.

If I go down there to the sawmill, they say all the slabs are presold for the tobacco growing mennonites. Ok sure

Send here down, tell her to do the yoga pants, pony tail, sports bra thing. Sure enough, the greaseballs will load the trailer up.

Calls me says trailer had a magnificent explosion on one of the 4 trailer tires. 10 miles from the house. Told he still had 3 more back there come on with it. She said hunks of rubber was flying 20ft in the air and chit. Got home and the tire was completely off the rim and gone. Lol.

Piece of cake.

She must be a saint!

Better not to take the shot, than to screw it up.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Haven't bought new tires in 30 years.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

Send here down, tell her to do the yoga pants, pony tail, sports bra thing. Sure enough, the greaseballs will load the trailer up.

Calls me says trailer had a magnificent explosion on one of the 4 trailer tires. 10 miles from the house. Told he still had 3 more back there come on with it. She said hunks of rubber was flying 20ft in the air and chit. Got home and the tire was completely off the rim and gone. Lol.

Piece of cake.

She must be a saint!

wipes butts, builds cabinets, has her own radial arm saw, eats raw okra, stacks wood, cleans up puke, changes her own brake pads, can deck a roof and lay shingles too and makes key lime pie.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
Haven't bought new tires in 30 years.

You missed Hubert’s birthday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had that happen few months back on my trailer.

Hauling my tractor. Few miles from home.

Tire blew out, didn’t even check up. Hammer down.

Almost figged the rim up.

Spanky down at the tire shop said it was shot.

I said you got a sludge Hammah? Let’s straighten it back to semi round.

Held air. 5 star Yelp review for Bob’ used Tire and Auto service center.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here’s my people. Hell Yeah used tires. The city made them take their sign down. Lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There used to be a guy around here, I think his handle was safari or something. He should be able to hook yall up with some used tires.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here’s my people. Hell Yeah used tires. The city made them take their sign down. Lol

Down on the other end of town, Jose’ will fix you up.

Kick in a few extra bucks and he’ll make all 4 match.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

That's an even better name for a peeler joint.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
might lessen to you one day little brother, I'm guilty of doing the same. lol

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Picked up something in a tire on the GH horse trailer. Damn Ford diesel pulled it without a problem until another driver pulled up next to me waving and pointing.

This no bueno.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Changing a tire on the side of the road isn’t the end of the world.

First world problem.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I got bigger issues. Got home today and the wife tells me the muffler light is on in her car.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Too many people run their tires until you can see the air in them and don't slow down in a hard rain. I tend to see them in the median or off the berm backwards with a tow truck and cops with them.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Brother got new tires put on today. Cost $600. He does about 20,000 miles a year, so the tires will last for about 3 years. The cost is $16 a month.
So, in trying to save $32, tire wear for two months, he got a blowout and got to change a tire on the shoulder.
I also ran those numbers by him, two months ago.

He is lucky, it was the left rear tire. Had that been a front tire he might have been in a bad wreck.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 3,049 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.