Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Looking for ideas on how to F~ck with a company making robo calls, verizon says they can't/won't stop them. I found out who the company is, now I want to ruin their upcoming days.
Blocking their # is not a viable option, they called 25 times yesterday with 25 different #'s

Anyone got a plan that would tie up their lines , cost them time and money, random emails ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Publish their name and any 800 # associated with the company. Give them some calls on their dime. See how long you can keep them on the line.

Harry
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
They don't list an 800 #

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dial a number you know is not in service and record the "Beep- - -Bip- - - -Boop" tone that precedes the "This number is not in service" message. Play it as the first thing your voice mail greeting says, then wait about 5 seconds before continuing with your greeting. Robo call software will identify you as a non-working number and delete your number from their database.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i just returned after 2 years overseas...my phone exploded with robo calls.

i set my cell to only answer calls on my contact list and put our home phone and cell phones on the national do not call list.

it has really made a big difference for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did some searching a while back and found a way to avoid robocalls on our ATT iPhones. You do run the risk of also avoiding a few non robocalls, but that’s a small price to pay. Unfortunately, I can’t remember what I did. Surely you can search for the answer.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

I like this guy's approach. Need a lot of time and patience. He even has some multi-player.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not robo calls but I’ve been getting text msgs from every GOP running for anything. We were just hit by a Cat 4 hurricane Lake Charles, LA is destroyed, every power pole in the city will have to be replaced along with all 7 of the high voltage lines feeding us.

How do I get that to quit?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got an unlisted # that was never used before. In 2 1/2 years I've had 1 telemarketing call & it was a wrong number.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
This might be what you are looking for:

http://www.isaiddontcall.me/

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Or you could go this route:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Republican Party fundraising group kept calling and pestering me and I told them they had finally convinced me to vote for the Democrats because any party that would hire someone too stupid to understand "I am not interested" and "No, I don't want to donate" to keep calling me is definitely too stupid to have a candidate smart enough to be president.

That worked and they haven't called since.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 09/04/20.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jimy
Looking for ideas on how to F~ck with a company making robo calls, verizon says they can't/won't stop them. I found out who the company is, now I want to ruin their upcoming days.
Blocking their # is not a viable option, they called 25 times yesterday with 25 different #'s

Anyone got a plan that would tie up their lines , cost them time and money, random emails ?

We have the same problem....and Verizon wonders why folks want to get rid of their land lines. I'd like to stomp the guts out of those snakes that own the scam calling operations.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,460 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,589
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.