-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I stopped in at the Bomgaars store in Wahoo, NE, today and saw that they had four different varieties of 6.5 CM ammo, the same as for the 243 and 30-30. If Bomgaars is stocking 6.5 CM along with the usual high volume cf hunting ammo, you know that it has become well dispersed into the hinterland at other than big box retailers and sporting goods stores that carry guns and ammo.

HR IC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I picked up two boxes at BiMart locally, of Winchester Branded 6.5 Creed....

was $15. a box and was loaded with a 125 grain HP....

Was interested enough to pick up two boxes of it..

will try it out of the Creed I got last Christmas or so, that was $200.00.. which hasn't been shot or even out of the box since I got it home...

I'm a 260 guy, so I have little interest overall on the Creedmoor...but the price was right and I've already got it sold, where ever I plan to put it out to pasture... got it just to play with since everyone else think its the greatest thing since sliced bread..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That is the reason I finally bought one. I didn’t want one and then everywhere I go has more ammo and selection in 6.5 cm than anything else even my 270 or 7mag. Certainly more than my 6.5x55 but I guess they finally just wore me down.

That said my new tikka veil wide land in 6.5 cm shoots lights out with every type of ammo I have tried so far.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldg397
That is the reason I finally bought one. I didn’t want one and then everywhere I go has more ammo and selection in 6.5 cm than anything else even my 270 or 7mag. Certainly more than my 6.5x55 but I guess they finally just wore me down.

If everyone else was gay, I'd still like women.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's a great little cartridge. Ra ra ra.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Seems like local retailers have tons of 6.5 CM and .300 Win Mag and poor selection, if any, of 5.56 or .308..

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Twist it right and they will come....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Throw in copious amounts of ammo, and the success will drive the fuds insane.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Did you see the price of that 7mm-08 ammo? OMG!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by ldg397

If everyone else was gay, I'd still like women.

In that case, better hope "everyone" doesn't include the gals, or you'll be limited to liking them.😱

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

If it wasn't for "fuds", the firearms and ammunitions industries would be a fraction of what they are today.

"Fuds" might not be as sophisticated or as cognizant as the denizens of 24HCF and they might not each buy much, but there are a lot of them and a large number multiplied by any number greater than 0 adds up.

I have only seen a couple of 6.5 Creedmoors at the range and no 6MM CMs, except for mine, mostly the usual suspects of 243, 270, 7mm RM, 30-30, 308, and 30-06. I spoke to a guy the other day who is going to buy some sort of linked scope and rangefinder that will allow him to range the target and the rangefinder will communicate to the scope in some way such that all he has to do after the system gives him the green light is put the intersection of the reticle on the POA and squeeze the trigger, technology will do the rest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High supply, low demand.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Funny how a few years ago guys were arguing against the Creedmeister cuz of a perceived limited choice of hunting ammo. Now, too many, must be bad, Creed bad, boo.....

Ra ra ra.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny how a few years ago guys were arguing against the Creedmeister cuz of a perceived limited choice of hunting ammo. Now, too many, must be bad, Creed bad, boo.....

Ra ra ra.

I still think that for the guy who loads his own and who shoots medium game with hunting bullets no heavier than 140 grain, the 260 REM is the functional equal to both the 6.5 CM and 6.5x55. If you don't need the longer/heavier VLD bullet over 140 grains, the 260 works fine within the COAL limits of the typical short action. I've shot at least a dozen whitetails with each cartridge and haven't seen any difference in field performance. I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly progressive, but I like rifles and am interested in trying new cartridges, even if they are redundant to rifle and cartridge combinations that I already have.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I am a fan of the 6.5 in general. I have owned a .260 Remington mtn rifle, currently own a Sako finnlight in 6.5x55 and now the tikka 6.5 creedmore. I liked all of them the sako and tikka both shoot lights out. As you can see I don’t need much excuse to buy a new rifle. When handloading the 6.5x55 is hard to beat but the factory ammo for it is pathetic. I like the creedmore and 260 if for no other reason than it gives me good 6.5 bullets to use for reloading because of the demand.

If they didn’t think up new interesting stuff I wouldnt ever buy anything beyond my 7mag, 30-06, 270 and 45-70. I sure don’t need anything else beyond these.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
I picked up two boxes at BiMart locally, of Winchester Branded 6.5 Creed....

was $15. a box and was loaded with a 125 grain HP....

Was interested enough to pick up two boxes of it..

will try it out of the Creed I got last Christmas or so, that was $200.00.. which hasn't been shot or even out of the box since I got it home...

I'm a 260 guy, so I have little interest overall on the Creedmoor...but the price was right and I've already got it sold, where ever I plan to put it out to pasture... got it just to play with since everyone else think its the greatest thing since sliced bread..

Hey Seafire,
Get that 6.5 CM out and play with it. You just might like it. I avoided one for several years, but now it’ll be one of the last that leaves me.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have a hundred or so loaded, brass, bullets, etc for another 150. The Creed is popular, little recoil, great performance.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yep, with qualifiers, other cartridges are cool too.

Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Ra ra ra.

I still think that for the guy who loads his own and who shoots medium game with hunting bullets no heavier than 140 grain, the 260 REM is the functional equal to both the 6.5 CM and 6.5x55. If you don't need the longer/heavier VLD bullet over 140 grains, the 260 works fine within the COAL limits of the typical short action. I've shot at least a dozen whitetails with each cartridge and haven't seen any difference in field performance. I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly progressive, but I like rifles and am interested in trying new cartridges, even if they are redundant to rifle and cartridge combinations that I already have.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When I was asked "What should I get for a deer rifle?" by someone who wouldn't be shooting much besides sighting in and who would want off the rack ammo I used to say 308 all the time. Now I say 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. Plenty of power, easy to find a good shooting load, readily available and modest recoil.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mathman
When I was asked "What should I get for a deer rifle?" by someone who wouldn't be shooting much besides sighting in and who would want off the rack ammo I used to say 308 all the time. Now I say 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. Plenty of power, easy to find a good shooting load, readily available and modest recoil.

I have shot A LOT of deer doing summer depredation work, as well as regular season permits. The Creed and .260 are my go-to cartridges for deer and antelope. They are accurate, easy to load for and smuck deer. My other cartridges rarely leave the safe now.

I used to be a 7 mag fan, which I still am, but they are not necessary for deer and antelope. My -06, .308, .270 and 7 mags stay in the safe mostly, now.

Last edited by sbhooper; 09/08/20.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.