Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Makes $30k a year dumpster diving! grin

Wonder if she wears a Covid mask?? LOL.

Careful what you buy on EBay! eek

Dumpster Diving Mom Makes Around $30,000 A Year Selling What She Finds

Tiffany Butler, AKA Dumpster Diving Mama makes around $30,000 a year selling what she finds in dumpsters. She has found new things to unopened food.

Remember the old adage, "One man's trash is another man's treasure"? Well, one mama took this saying to heart and she goes dumpster diving on the daily. The incredible thing about it, though, is that she has found some incredible treasures during her dives. Whether it is from stores throwing out leftover stock or they're just making room for other things, Tiffany Butler, also known as Dumpster Diving Mama, will pick it up and bring it back home.

Butler is a mom-of-four, and you could definitely call her a bit of an expert when it comes to finding really amazing things in the most unassuming of places. She says that when it comes to things like valuables, she finds a bunch of them. She said that she has found $3,000 armoire boxes; boxes of untouched, perfectly good makeup; and bags and bags of untouched dog food. It wasn't expired or on recall. It makes you wonder why people toss out the things that they do.

She began her dumpster diving adventures back in 2017. She had come across a video of a girl who had found perfectly untouched makeup in a dumpster behind the Ulta store. That is when Butler knew that she had to try this technique for herself. When she did her first "dive" in January of 2017, she, too, found makeup. From there, she was totally hooked and has been doing it ever since.

Some of the things that she finds do make you scratch your head at why someone would just throw it away. She keeps some of the things that she finds. For instance, she found around 200 pounds of cat litter that she will be able to use for her cats. The rest she sells, which is around 80% of the things that she finds. In 2018, she made approximately $30,000.

https://www.moms.com/mom-makes-30000-selling-garbage/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m gonna quit my job, get a real one in dumpsters.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m gonna quit my job, get a real one in dumpsters.

I know you are aware of the neighborhoods to stay out of, close to you... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Makes $30k a year dumpster diving! grin

Wonder if she wears a Covid mask?? LOL.

Careful what you buy on EBay! eek

Dumpster Diving Mom Makes Around $30,000 A Year Selling What She Finds

Tiffany Butler, AKA Dumpster Diving Mama makes around $30,000 a year selling what she finds in dumpsters. She has found new things to unopened food.

Remember the old adage, "One man's trash is another man's treasure"? Well, one mama took this saying to heart and she goes dumpster diving on the daily. The incredible thing about it, though, is that she has found some incredible treasures during her dives. Whether it is from stores throwing out leftover stock or they're just making room for other things, Tiffany Butler, also known as Dumpster Diving Mama, will pick it up and bring it back home.

Butler is a mom-of-four, and you could definitely call her a bit of an expert when it comes to finding really amazing things in the most unassuming of places. She says that when it comes to things like valuables, she finds a bunch of them. She said that she has found $3,000 armoire boxes; boxes of untouched, perfectly good makeup; and bags and bags of untouched dog food. It wasn't expired or on recall. It makes you wonder why people toss out the things that they do.

She began her dumpster diving adventures back in 2017. She had come across a video of a girl who had found perfectly untouched makeup in a dumpster behind the Ulta store. That is when Butler knew that she had to try this technique for herself. When she did her first "dive" in January of 2017, she, too, found makeup. From there, she was totally hooked and has been doing it ever since.

Some of the things that she finds do make you scratch your head at why someone would just throw it away. She keeps some of the things that she finds. For instance, she found around 200 pounds of cat litter that she will be able to use for her cats. The rest she sells, which is around 80% of the things that she finds. In 2018, she made approximately $30,000.

https://www.moms.com/mom-makes-30000-selling-garbage/

It's all good till the trash truck comes along just that one time.
And does the snatch, lift, dump, and compact routine on her stupid azz.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She could just get a job with the local sanitation dept and make a hell of a lot more than $30k playing in other folks garbage.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50

You need a team...

Example: You and Slumlord could take turns. One dumpster dives, and the other keeps watch for the trash truck.

Y'all can swap out duties, and split the loot! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d not be shocked if some local garbage drivers made $100k + a year. Bennies and a pension to boot.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by renegade50

You need a team...

Example: You and Slumlord could take turns. One dumpster dives, and the other keeps watch for the trash truck.

Y'all can swap out duties, and split the loot! laugh

I dumpster dove with my squad for about 4 or 5 days at Camp Eagle
in Saudi Arabia during desert sheild/ storm.
For unopened MRE components to eat.
We got cut down to 1 MRE a day from 3.
Everyone had plenty of chow on hand and stashed prior.
Or you just tossed schitt ya didnt like in the big dumpsters.
Also ran outta bottled water and had King Faud royal douche bag water for pilgrims going to mecca.
24th ID arrived in country at Dhaharan and the logistics for the 101 got " somehow" diverted to the 24th...

Got my dumpster diving badge...
LOL!!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I see people in the dumpsters at my work and tell them to be careful, but they dont seem to care

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
they auction off the rights for the dump here.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I worked with a guy several years ago that would dumpster dive in nice apartment complexes , you’d be surprised at what he found.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The things we can all aspire to become.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schools throw some good stuff away.

Few years back the local school district had a surplus auction.

I knew they did away with their welding class, figured they might have heavy table or vise for sale.

Ended up being nothing i could use.

Stuff went in lots.

Who needs 50 chairs?

I could used a couple for deer stands. But not 50.

No one even bid on it. Prolly went to the county landfill.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’d not be shocked if some local garbage drivers made $100k + a year. Bennies and a pension to boot.

Are there still municipal trash trucks in your area?

Everything I've seen for years has been taken over by private companies, primarily Waste Management. They might do pretty good considering, just checked some of their ads, $5k-$7500 signing bonus for CDL operating their trucks. No mention of the actual wage though.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had to dumpster dive for my dad’s taxes. Big manila envelope got tossed into the house trash and took a ride to the local pulloff where the hookers get dumped.

Women are good about throwing stuff away. She tossed my deer tags once too.

My dad mailed me his stuff from overseas to take down to a cpa. Wife trashed it.

While I was going thru several dumpsters looking for Glad, white, with yellow handle tie bags. A couple of people from church seen me and asked if everything was alright crazy

There was another old duffer down there all pissy that I was hornin in on his territory. I told him i’d give him $5 to help me find that paperwork. We found it after about a 1/2 hour.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I met a retired fellow a few years ago. We started talking and he told me that he was making $30K a year collecting old pallets and selling them. I don't think he was lying. He told me about a place that bought old pallets, fixed them if they needed fixing, then resold them. I recalled driving by the place after he mentioned it.

I'd never thought about it, but all kinds of places have things delivered on pallets and they usually just pile them up somewhere out of the way when they were unloaded. There was old pallets stacked all over the place where I used to work. I'm pretty sure anybody that wanted them would be welcome to haul them off.

I didn't ask the old guy, but I seriously doubt if he paid any income tax on his little pallet business, and $30K tax free figures out to be about $48K if taxes are withheld. That's a pretty good living on top of social security.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Now the IRS will be knocking on her door.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (160user, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.