-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Summer job 1969, guy says, "All I learned in chemistry is that an acid is stronger than a base."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yes, I've worked with a few.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cretch
Yes. Had an electrician that worked in the same department as I. He was dumb as crap and always said stupid stuff. I use to tell him, "If you have something to say, be quiet, otherwise shutup!"

I do that a lot. On purpose.

It's funny. Some whose candle burn pretty bright, grin. They get it.

Others, those just flickering occasionally, think I'm dumb.

Then you have the ones smoldering, "mule meet gate/gate meet mule."

I enjoy the middle group the most. Most are certain they are "real smart".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by EdM
Not really. Thankfully.

Even before you got your education and became a professional?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had a roofing business, I thought everyone was just high on something. Worked with some that had no concept of gravity or high voltage hazards. lol

I ended up getting a govt job with a team of civil eng, I got to be the dumb guy for 11 years there. It was bliss. Drive around for 5 or 6 hours with a GPS logging manhole lids in the street for $30 bucks an hour. Rainy days, just sit around the shop and shoot the chit with the chief about smallmouth bass and fat chicks.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Comes to mind, the old, There is no one so stupid they can't tell me something I don't know. No one so smart, there is something I can tell them they don't know.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Building full of Air Traffic Controllers. On site we had a Dr. performing the yearly medical exams for the Controllers. Though not specifically required for the exam, he virtually insisted on giving the men a digital prostate exam. So a bunch of guys and 'Donna' were sitting in the coffee 'shop', one of which had just been to see the Doc. Naturally the discussion turned to the 'digital' exam.... 'ever notice that finger has no wrinkles' (he was about 80) ... 'did he take of his Blue Angels, 6 plane, diamond formation, ring' ... 'did he have a hand on EACH shoulder' ... and on, and on........... to which 'Donna' opines.....

'...he never does that to me...'

Bless her heart!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yes.... I’ve had the displeasure of working with “domocrats”! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve worked with some real winners. I freeze water bottles to keep my lunch cool. I had a black plumber ask me how I got that big piece of ice through that little hole. He was very serious, wasn’t fuucking with me.

What'd you tell him?

I was so flabbergasted I could not think of something smart to say. I told him I put them in the freezer. He dumassed himself out of a job by cutting a live gas line in a classroom to make a repair. He was too lazy to go on roof, turn valve off.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by EdM
Not really. Thankfully.

Even before you got your education and became a professional?

Yep. My work prior was for an Italian family running a produce market. I worked for them from age 11 through my first summer out of college. Simply sharp they were.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes. A bunch. I worked for a utility, started as an EE eventually became a division manager with about 110 working under me. I found that there’s a lot of just stupid people out there. And then there’s those that are just “dumb like a fox”

But you gotta realize... at least half the people in the world have below average intelligence. That’s simple math.

A lot of these idiots were engineers also.

Last edited by AZmark; 09/07/20.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked with a couple guys that were terrible tool makers but were smart enough to avoid working and shot to the top of the ladder pretty fast

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some can’t help it i guess.

They have jobs to do.

Some don’t try to do any better.

They have jobs to do also. The chitty ones.....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve worked with some real winners. I freeze water bottles to keep my lunch cool. I had a black plumber ask me how I got that big piece of ice through that little hole. He was very serious, wasn’t fuucking with me.

A few for sure but they're not the ones that piss me off, I can deal with stupid because the stupid can at least learn the limited task at hand you just don't expect much.

The ones that piss me off are the ones that are lazy with a bad work ethic that don't even try to understand or learn. usually they're lazy ass entitled liberal college kids.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AZmark

But you gotta realize... at least half the people in the world have below average intelligence. That’s simple math.

Standing by............. smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dess
One idiot away from oblivion. Amazing we can fill up with gas without the place going up in smoke.

Huh?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I worked for a sporting goods store in college and we sold live bait. Every January we'd get at least one of the cashiers convinced to go to where the live minnow tanks were kept and try to count the minnows during inventory.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dess
One idiot away from oblivion. Amazing we can fill up with gas without the place going up in smoke.

Huh?

That’s 😎 cool

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by AZmark

Nope.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.