-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oregon Coast is supposed to get hit with high East winds of up to 65 MPH today around 4PM and could last almost 24 hours.

What is strange is the temperature is supposed to be hovering around 87*-90* degrees.

Hiking, camping, and hunting access in our coastal mountain range has been closed due to fires for the next two days.

These winds aren’t anything new during winter months. It’s been a long time since a late summer wind storm with high temps has occurred in my memory.

This happens all the time in California during fire seasona?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Oregon Coast is supposed to get hit with high East winds of up to 65 MPH today around 4PM and could last almost 24 hours.

What is strange is the temperature is supposed to be hovering around 87*-90* degrees.

Hiking, camping, and hunting access in our coastal mountain range has been closed do to fires for the next two days.

These winds aren’t anything new during winter months. It’s been a long time since a late summer wind storm with high temps has occurred in my memory.

😎

Front coming through in the next coupla days Beav.

High pressure inland and the low coming down I believe is the cause.

Santa Ana's coming to SoCal Tues and Wed. Because we're inland some we're only expected to 25-30 MPH here. But, Cedar Pass, a half hour away is going to look like this, from the NWS forecast:

Widespread haze before 2am, then widespread haze after 5am. Clear, with a low around 40. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph becoming northeast 34 to 39 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

That's why I'm really hoping no dumbfugg sets off a fire anywhere nearby during drunken Labor Day festivities.

For you.................. don't take a canoe full of gun safes offshore anytime soon............................unless you want them in Davey Jones' Locker.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Hiking, camping, and hunting access in our coastal mountain range has been closed do to fires for the next two days.

😎

Santa Ana's coming to SoCal Tues and Wed. Because we're inland some we're only expected to 25-30 MPH here. But, Cedar Pass, a half hour away is going to look like this, from the NWS forecast:

Widespread haze before 2am, then widespread haze after 5am. Clear, with a low around 40. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph becoming northeast 34 to 39 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

That's why I'm really hoping no dumbfugg sets off a fire anywhere nearby during drunken Labor Day festivities.

For you.................. don't take a canoe full of gun safes offshore anytime soon............................unless you want them in Davey Jones' Locker.

Too late. All have been donated to Davey Jones.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

😎

Too late. All have been donated to Davey Jones.

😎

Does Davey have a supply of Frog Lube to keep them rust free?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
East winds, hot, FIRE.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same here along the Wasatch Front. East winds 25-35, gusting to 60. Gusts to 75 mph in some places like canyon mouths. Midnight tonight through noon Tuesday.

River canyons cutting through the mountains act as natural "nozzles" that focus these winds. Canyon winds here have been known to blow trains over. Semi trucks don't stand a chance. A 12-hour one like this is bad, but when they blow for three days straight and it's near zero degrees, THAT's a genuine booger.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Same here along the Wasatch Front. East winds 25-35, gusting to 60. Gusts to 75 mph in some places like canyon mouths. Midnight tonight through noon Tuesday.

River canyons cutting through the mountains act as natural "nozzles" that focus these winds. Canyon winds here have been known to blow trains over. Semi trucks don't stand a chance. A 12-hour one like this is bad, but when they blow for three days straight and it's near zero degrees, THAT's a genuine booger.

I would have thought having a coast mountain range between me and the Eastern part of the State would knock the winds down. Most of our high winds come from the South.

Your explanation of funneling the wind makes sense....Thanks.

😎

“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The front has passed here.

90 hot/dry yesterday. 44 this AM with rain and breezy, low 30's tonight, chance of rain/snow.

We are actually under a winter weather advisory through tonight.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The front has passed here.

90 hot/dry yesterday. 44 this AM with rain and breezy, low 30's tonight, chance of rain/snow.

We are actually under a winter weather advisory through tonight.

Reminds me of living in NM going from a short sleeved shirt to 5’ft snow banks in 2 days.

😎

“Molon Labe”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,834
Posts18,478,050
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.