Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.newsmax.com/us/coronavirus-covid-twitter/2020/08/30/id/984567/

Various figures are now bandied about as to the nation‘s total of COVID deaths. They vary in the 164-184k range depending on sources with the higher number listed on the CDC site. Dr. Birx, part of Trump’s COVID task force, already noted in May she didn’t trust the CDC, saying then she thought it had exaggerated COVID deaths by 25%.

Perhaps you didn’t know that the CDC just updated it’s numbers on Sept 2 to show a radically different picture of the COVID virus scenario while differentiating deaths “from COVID” from deaths “with COVID.”

Deaths “with COVID” have included MVA’s, gunshots, and those with who died with already threatening conditions like pneumonia or influenza; cardiovascular disease, asthma, serious obesity; or simply being an octogenarian, but they also tested positive. It’s of course possible that that COVID would be the tipping point for any one of such individuals. But any of them also could just as easily have succumbed to a stroke, an MI, or just died in their sleep. An example of counting COVID coup is George Floyd who probably died of a fentanyl overdose but tested positive at autopsy and was counted as a C-death.

Now, it seems this vast majority — 94% or so — died “WITH COVID” as opposed purely “from COVID”. That leaves (from the CDC site) from 6-9k died from COVID alone. Quite a difference, eh wot!? This presents a totally different story and shows a mostly risk-free reality for children and youth as most of these deaths were those of people 65 and older. Not having school, social events, or football, or an open society is a political sham it would seem if we take this all at face value. One might ask how many have died from suicide, isolation, alcoholism, and despair due to ruined businesses due to the social and economic shutdown.

The COVID test (PRC test) is so sensitive that it can even detect the proteins of a long dead virus still remaining in the respiratory tract of a person who not only was not ill, but noticed no symptoms weeks ago. A NY Times article has noted that up to 90% of positive tests are of individuals who have insignificant viral loads — these are known as “false positives” and they are probably not even contagious.

One more thing: the hydroxychloroquine issue: the medication so castigated in the media has Dr. Harvey Risch, Yale epidemiologist, and many other physicians and scientists saying not so fast. There are numerous credible studies also showing its efficacy in this disease. Risch has stated the the medication has been marginalized not by science but by political science. Google him.

If you have the background to understand and time go to the CDC website and stroll around you will find info not so widely broadcast or known.

Here’s another article about the issue:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...-americans-have-died-from-covid-19-alone

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 09/05/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you, George - good information.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Johns Hopkins University of Medicine posts a daily updated online graph for the entire U.S. and also each state on the number of covid-19 tests administered each day, number of positives each day, and DID include number of deaths attributed to covid-19 reported each day, then, quite oddly, all of a sudden for some reason, they not only stopped including numbers of daily covid deaths, they also went back and removed all the death numbers for every day all the way back to when they first started publishing the graph.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Remember the days of Fox News running the Chyron showing death rates like a scoreboard? What I failed to mention above is the recent shift in the media away from the now suspect death rates to showing positive cases because their numbers seem so large in comparison, while what percentage? very large? mean exactly what in the face of the test’s extreme sensitivity which I explained briefly above.

So, from death rates to positive cases? Signifying what? Meaning exactly what?

The media is by and large despicable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our ABC affiliate is still doing to chyron of doom.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have said since the beginning that they have mixed died "with" and died "of". Whether that's due to simple incompetence or some underlying agenda, I cannot say. But either is likely.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Another curious thing about the Johns Hopkins covid-19 graph I posted a link to above is the daily testing numbers vs positive numbers for the entire U.S. as a whole appear to stay fairly consistent but when looking at individual state's daily testing numbers a good many appear to fluctuate quite a bit.

Common sense dictates the more tests administered the more positives will show up but there also seems to be a point where the more tests administered the number of positives test results drastically slow down and quit.

My point is it could be perceived as some individual states may be manipulating testing by only testing to a point each day until they get their desired percentage of positives and then stopping open testing for that day in order to keep the % of those who tested positive higher than if they kept on testing as many as possible.

As always, YMMV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't forget the other bashfully admitted finding: that something like 90% of the positives were false.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by joken2

Johns Hopkins University of Medicine posts a daily updated online graph for the entire U.S. and also each state on the number of covid-19 tests administered each day, number of positives each day, and DID include number of deaths attributed to covid-19 reported each day, then, quite oddly, all of a sudden for some reason, they not only stopped including numbers of daily covid deaths, they also went back and removed all the death numbers for every day all the way back to when they first started publishing the graph.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

WAIT...WHAT...shark attacks are no longer covid related?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a Festivus miracle!

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Well, Joe Biden recently said that we’ve lost more lives to COVID this year than we have in the last hundred years.

C’mon man!

He’s right.

How’d that happen?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

TTT for this week’s readers.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by stevelyn
It's a Festivus miracle!

I’ve got a grievance I’d like to air...

This is insane.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I understand the difference, but how many people who died “with” wouldn’t have died if they hadn’t contracted the virus?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I understand the difference, but how many people who died “with” wouldn’t have died if they hadn’t contracted the virus?

P

That’s a fair question that I’d be interested to hear the answer to even tho it’s likely unanswerable with any level of certainty.

One thing is for sure; even if the death numbers were correct in the first place this has been a massive over reaction.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by stevelyn
It's a Festivus miracle!

I’ve got a grievance I’d like to air...

This is insane.

Bring on the feats of strength. I'm ready.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Uhhh, how can this be news to anybody?

They stated from day one that if your corpse tested positive for COVID it was a COVID death.

Anybody that thought that made sense deserves to die from COVID.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

That’s a fair question that I’d be interested to hear the answer to even tho it’s likely unanswerable with any level of certainty.

One thing is for sure; even if the death numbers were correct in the first place this has been a massive over reaction.

Only God knows, and as mentioned individuals with pre-morbid conditions plus age who contracted C19 might easily be tipped over the edge. I’ve had influenza twice in my late sixties and it kicked me hard both times. What 85-year old who gets pneumonia or influenza A or B survives it?

But the much, much greater point is that those fatal case reports were much greater in the “old age“ group with youth being more likely to die in a MVA. (I have not checked actual statistics but I’d bet on it).

What was the motivation for organizations to diagnose as a C19 death? Money. Who, what entity or agency told hospitals C19 deaths were golden eggs? Why pressure MD’s, pharmacies, and hospitals to not prescribe hydroxychloroquine, a drug with a six decade track record of safety in monitored (even those not monitored) patients and which credible studies show, reduces the chance of death by C19 by 30%.

Whatever you think of football, postponing the fall schedule, altering school schedules is a boondoggle. I’m from Iowa — the vote among Big Ten university presidents was 11 to 3 to postpone. football. The 11 were all from “blue states.” The three “let’s go states” were Iowa, Nebraska, and Ohio according to my information.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 09/08/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deflave

They stated from day one that if your corpse tested positive for COVID it was a COVID death.

^^^^This in spades!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Well, I figure every vote counts, especially of those who will only vote once. 🙂

And if there are any portion of the 10, 15, or 20% on-the-fence folks — who are here or lurk occasionally — and who otherwise only listen to CNN, MSNBC, public radio, and the leftist sites where they will never see or hear these stat’s, see something like this and change their mind.....

It’s a war of information and truth that many are unaware of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,166
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.