Just North of Tillamook

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay. Good. You guys got a ton of smoke.

Haven't heard of any fires in the Coast Range.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
Mill City.

Man, that sucks to be in Mill City and other places along that corridor right now. Not a whole lot of ways out of that area once the fires start raging. Down here in Hillsboro near the airport that wind is really gusting hard still and I'm worried about some of the mature trees around the place. Haven't lost power yet except for a couple blinking incidents where my electronic devices (including my computer) went down and needed to be reprogrammed (set the clock).... wink

A buddy lives in Springdale just below Corbett and he tells me there is a new fire up on Larch Mountain and they are having to evacuate with helicopters because there is only one way out of there and it is blocked by the fires... Mt. Hood is pretty much closed right now due to fires and the areas around Black Butte, Green Ridge, and that whole area is either on fire or waiting to blow up any minute... just hope this storm doesn't bring dry lightning or we'll be in deep crap here soon.... the smoke haze here in the valley was pretty impressive last night and early this morning. I'm sure people with breathing issues were having real difficulties ...

Hope everyone stays safe until this little episode is over... Steve, let me know if you need any help or have an emergency that requires assistance...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My cousin owns the Cedars restaurant in Detroit. Also the Mountain High Store. My Great Aunt and Uncle started it at the old town site. They moved to it current location when the dam flooded the old site. Worked there one summer in '76. Had a lot of fun. Hope it and the rest of the town are still standing.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Steve, let me know if you need any help or have an emergency that requires assistance...

Bob

Thanks Bob. We're good other than a few branches.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No fires. We caught the heavy smell of acrid smoke only last night.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Salem, Oregon area.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yesterday evening..... mid 90's and smoky.

Currently 28 and snowing.

[Linked Image from i938.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i938.photobucket.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything is perfect here except fire smoke from Oregon and California making its way through.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Few minutes ago. Smoke from the Santiam fire working its way up the valley.

[Linked Image]

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's gotta suck down there Steve. Here it just resembles 1970s LA smog.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kinda like Armaggeddon down this way on the CA Border...

I 5 is closed both directions in Several spots, with no alternate routes to take, and no place to really put all the people that are being stranded down here right now...

We have fires burning all over the place, and winds blowing , then dying down and then flaring up again, as another fire starts up again...

Air Quality sucks .. real bad.. heavy smoke everywhere, and especially here in Josephine County, and over toward the coast..

They are evacuating Happy Camp, across the border into Northern Cal, over in the direction.. the entire town, we're getting all its smoke...

at my place we have at least 10 fires burning within 10 miles of my house, in a 360 degree circle...most are a 1000 to 2000 acres right now, and just started this afternoon...its real mountainous around here, and these are starting in steep canyons, and grow instantly due to the winds...

Current temp is 100 degrees and humidity is like 4%.....This is ridiculous... many people in southern Oregon are hanging on to the News on TV or the radio, waiting to see where the next evacuation orders are going to be made......

Many older times are really really concerned... the widow next door is 76 and is really having a melt down, worried about her two Golden Retrievers... I'll take care of them if she can't..

The only reason you can see the surrounding mountainsides, throw the smoke is the fires burning on them...

Be glad when this crap is said and done...so we can get back to just worry about the little things... Covid 19 and fear of the democRATS getting back into the White House, so they can make up for lost time in destroying the country....

its 6 PM and the sky looks like 8 PM when it is getting dark....

Wish us luck...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Valsdad]Well scheidt.

Does our "Santiam" live there?

[/quote

Luckily I am between the fires.. Santiam canyon to the north and the McKenzie canyon to the south.. Very bad..I have heard that that the entire town of Blue River burnt down..

Took this pic out the back door this morning.. That would be up the McKenzie..

I am on level one evacuation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

[Linked Image]

pretty much the same, if not worse and thicker down here....

Thanks for posting Steve...gives a visual idea of what is happening here in Oregon...

Wonder if its bad enough that Antifa will take a night off with NLM in Potland... heard they got loose in Salem last night...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just got a call from my BIL in Colton, OR. They are being told to evac their house right now.

I didn’t know we had a couple new fires break loose in that direction.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus guys. We had it bad up in WA a couple years ago when the BC fires smoke plowed through so I can relate.vworst part is that you can't escape it. I remember hacking up every morning some gross stuff and having headaches all day. Good luck.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Those are some ominous looking smoke clouds, damn!

Stay safe out there and good luck with the wind.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The smoke is still very high and hasn't laid down yet, so the air is clear. Just had a fire truck go by followed by an incident command about 15 minutes later. Fire sprung up about 3 miles from here. Downwind for now.

Beaver, friend of my wife who lives near Beaver Creek is being told to get ready to evac from the Colton fire.

Carpe' Scrotum
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

pretty much the same, if not worse and thicker down here....

Thanks for posting Steve...gives a visual idea of what is happening here in Oregon...

Wonder if its bad enough that Antifa will take a night off with NLM in Potland... heard they got loose in Salem last night...

I read the the town of Phoenix was impacted pretty badly by that fire. They had planes dropping retardant in the city limits.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,113 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.