Print Thread
Hop To
O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
So for you guys who had your gallbladder removed how much did it affect your diet?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Had mine removed 10 years ago didn’t effect mine at all...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I had my gall bladder removed about fourty years ago after a long period of misery(misdiagnosis by lousy Dr). I have not had any affects on diet since removal New procedures leave much smaller scars, mine is about 6' long.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had mine removed at a pretty young age. For about a year milk, tomatoes and onions would make me sick. I still have issues with raw onions.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Springcove
I had mine removed at a pretty young age. For about a year milk, tomatoes and onions would make me sick. I still have issues with raw onions.

Onions. Really. That's strange would never have guessed it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For several years after, when I had to go to the bathroom, I had to go "right now". No I will go when I get home, etc... It was find a spot to go NOW! Got better through the years but those first few were interesting.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Springcove

Onions. Really. That's strange would never have guessed it.

Yes and just raw onions. Are them like crazy before and can’t eat them at all now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hasn't affected my diet, but that's because I'm stubborn and I eat whatever I want. However, there is a price to be paid about 5 to 30 minutes later. Fast food is the most problematic, but homemade meals are fine.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
My wife could not eat raw onions after her surgery. My aunt was susceptible to watermelon. Me? I eat anything which will not bite me first.

If you need the surgery, get it, now.

Phugging Nurse Practitioner at Urgent Care told me, "Nope, can not be gall bladder. Your pain is constant. Gall bladder pain is intermittent."

She refused to order an ultrasound. But she did test for H Pylori. That was on Monday. Friday I was notified H P test was negative.

Sunday at 8:00AM I was in ER. They ran the U-sound. At 10:00 AM I was in surgery to remove a gangrenous gall bladder. I spent three days in the hospital on IV antibiotics and missed two months of work.

If that 1'st NP had been the least bit interested in my health, and ordered the ultrasound, I would have been back to work in a week or possibly two.

Anyway, point being, don't fugg around with a bad gall bladder. That schitt can kill you. Get it fixed. It's an easy fix these days if done in time.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Had mine out on a Tuesday, was back to work on Thursday. Only reason I missed Wednesday was because my Grandmother threatened me if I didn't stay home. I have the same 5-30 minute issue at times also, so I am just careful about what I eat while traveling or anytime I'm away from home. I've had that issue most all of my life pre-removal, so it wasn't a really big change for me.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OldHat
So for you guys who had your gallbladder removed how much did it affect your diet?
Not much. Like somebody said, for a few years I always wanted to know where the terlet was when I went in a joint because when I had to go it was THEN. I can't eat Green Peppers and I think that has to do with the Gall Bladder. I don't think it effects your diet much afterwards. If you have gallstones and don't have it out, there are a lot of foods that are triggers and will set off an attack.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me, but the wife had hers out a couple years back and greasy food seems to be her only issue. That and maybe some increased flatulence. She mostly had more problems post operation getting out of bed. I tied her up something like a water ski rope from the bottom underside of the bed so that she could pull herself up. She isn’t as tough as Ben300WSM because it took longer than she thought it would to recover from.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Our middle child had hers removed at 19. Her's was removed via laparoscopy. She had some discomfort immediately and for a few days after from the air, gas or whatever they pump in to "lift" the abdominal wall away from internal organs. She also wore an elastic belly band to help give added support until the wound healed. As far as foods, I recall one thing she was advised to avoid was fats.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not directly related who is the question asked.

After complaining about pain in my gut... my doctor ran a CT scan and confirmed I had gallstones.

She had been telling me to add beets to my diet or several years, but I hate beets.

However, contemplating the surgery I decided to buy several cases of canned beets from Walmart and try.

One can per day for a month and my gut pain went away. I eat one or two cans a week now for maintenance

Your mileage may vary

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, akpls, 12 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.