Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I’ve been buying and flipping for two months.

#bendover

So she finally made you get a job eh?

I am MAGA.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
I’ve been buying and flipping for two months.

#bendover

So she finally made you get a job eh?

She doesn’t know.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hypocrisy runs amuck on the Fire.

If you stock up you're labeled as a hoarder.
If you sell any of your hoard when things are tight you're gouger.

I guess you're an OK guy in between those two occurrences.

If you expect to buy what you need whenever you need it, I'd say you are a poor planner.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Why sell your horde?

Did you sell at pre horde prices?

Is it fun driving all over hells creation looking for ammo and schit?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lots of shidt eating cumguzzling child sacrificing devil worshipping ....... on here it seems.

For my own part, if a guy is sitting on a stash of whatever, and he sees the going rate is crazy high and sells at the going rate who could fault him? Certainly not I.

If a store buys at a certain price point, and sells and a slightly higher price point that's how it works. If their cost to acquire the stuff they are selling goes up, how can they not raise their price accordingly? Again no eggs flung from me.

If a store buys at the previous price point, sees how high things are going and jacks the price they are selling at to reflect market price on something they bought at the previous price point I hope their water lines burst, the sewer backs up and they lose their ass in repairs and go bankrupt. After which they can't make the note on their car, which gets repo'd and their house gets foreclosed on and they eat [bleep] out of dumpsters for nourishment.

If a "person" patronizes a store that is doing the right thing and selling items with normal markup, then turns around and flips them for obscene profit.... well karma is a bitch. These are the same "people" who would break into your house, kill your wife and rape your kids and say it's your fault for not being there to stop it.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"We have met the enemy, and they are us."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ringworm
#1 no such thing as gouging a non essential item.
#2 American capitalism is built on supply and demand.
#3 if your buying plywood when the hurricane is half hour away, you deserve to get fleeced.

EVERY election cycle....EVERY ONE, for decades has been like this.
Add in a pandemic, civil unrest, metals shortage....and y'all didn't see this coming a light year away?

Grandaddy was right " stupid needs to hurt".

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
"We have met the enemy, and they are us."

LOL

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by renegade50
Depends on the dbags selling.
Tn gun country
$ 12.74 blazer brass 124 gr box of 50.

Academy win whiite box 115 gr 12.99 box of 50

Rural king didnt have any 9mm yesterday.

Stand in line to buy 2 box's.... Spend an hour of your time at academy sports?
No thanks.

Huh???

Walked in today like day before yesterday.
Didnt see a line.
3 bx limit per caliber..
Aguliar 115 gr hp 21.99 bx 50
Some sirrea ( sp) 124 gr hp bx 20 14.99

Lots of win white box .40
14.99 bx 50.

I aint bought ammo in 3 weeks or so.

Got 200 rds of 124 gr gold dots though.
Nother guy mentioned gouging in ref to me Im geussing for what I posted????

I been trading 9mm I been getting for TSS turkey loads, and 3 inch rem preimer accutip 20 gauge slugs to LGS around here.
They can move 9mm and give me a good trade value for what I'm getting the 9mm for.

Guilty as charged or good long term relationship with em???

You all must have some experiences that are really trying beyond belief in your areas.

Didnt go to rural king today.

But I did go to McDonald's though.

Sitting on a dove plot right now.
Aint seen bird 1.
All by myself.
It's rightous.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 09/09/20.
Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Actually, I wouldn't sell any that I have for a quadruple+ profit.. I have a conscience. I also don't know when... or IF I will ever be able to replace it.

Not being a libertarian, myself, I have never really knelt at the altar of the twin gods of Supply and Demand. So I don't really have any problem criticizing someone or something that I see as being immoral. Just because you may have A right to do something, doesn't necessarily mean that it IS right to do it. Now, before any of you get your panties in any more of a wad, I'm not saying it should be stopped in some legal way (I don't think it even could be).

That said, no I really haven't seen this first hand before (again, other than the Great .22 Drought.... and even in the middle of that, I did manage ONCE to be in the right place at the right time to buy 2 bulk boxes of ammo from some online dealer... and it wasn't $95 a box then, for sure). The past ten or twelve years I've had a lot of life happen, and shooting wasn't on the radar. So I have heard about primer shortages and such, but I didn't know it was as insane then as it is now.

Again, I HAVE .22 ammo. And other ammo too. Not an enormous amount, I don't have the disposable income for a stash like I'm sure some of you have, but I'm definitely not down to my last box of .38's. I'm not desperate for cheapo .22 Thunderbolt. I'm not buying any kind of ammo, unless I find something at a decent price (which is less and less likely by the day). Just expressing my astonishment that there apparently are a large number of people out there that actually would pay such exhorbitant prices for some pretty mundane ammo. I think they're as much at fault as the dealers.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by renegade50
Depends on the dbags selling.
Tn gun country
$ 12.74 blazer brass 124 gr box of 50.

Academy win whiite box 115 gr 12.99 box of 50

Rural king didnt have any 9mm yesterday.

Now all you need to do is sell those 9mm for $50 a box and you can become a willie sucking price gougger. Good snag.

I misinterpreted your post.
Sorry bout that man.
Still aint seen a dove.
But it feels good to be out anyways.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can sure attest to having ‘a whole lotta life happen’ in the last 6-7 years myself

But at the point of holding my guts in on one side, having to empty a J-P drain in a parking a few times....I still paid attention to current events and hoofed my way in to walmart, academy, rural king or midsouthshooters and got stocked up. Puke in the parking lot, and head on in to the store.

All I ever did was make a point of always getting a box or two of something whenever I got groceries.

Get dog food at Rural King, get some ammo too

Get poultry pellets and supplies from the feed store, get ammo too

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
As always, I wish a pox upon gougers. Specifically the scum of the earth shidt eating cock suckers that go to a store that hasn't marked things up, buy up all the stock for the purpose of reselling it. In a perfect world they'd get a ball peen to the temple.
I blame the retailers who don't put limits on quantities. We haven't raised prices but we limit purchases to "personal use" amounts.

we

Caught academy employees at their little ammo behind the scenes game bout 6 weeks ago.

Calls to corparate jerked a knot in that stores azz after my going off the deep end in the place.
It was rightous and justified.

Now they obey corporate 3 boxes per caliber national policy.

Im a valued customer per Katy Tx ....

Fugging sneaker dept and grill dept meet me at those storage door deals have stopped.
Everything is properly scanned to the shelf barcodes on the ammo shelfs now.

People that are able to buy 3 boxes now instead of 0 prior to me blowing the fugg up in that store that morning. Need to bow before me being the Sensi of not tolerating bullschitt....
Scumball fugging 9 dollar an hour clerks........
2 guys I jacked the fugg up wont even make eye contact with me in the store now.
Dominate them 2 fuggs minds like a Sith Lord
LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 09/09/20.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Gouging is taking advantage of someone when you can. There's a bunch of people that will suck a willie for a dollar and times like these prove who they are.

You must be Bernie Sanders fan. The prices of goods and service are set by demand and availability. An item is worth only what someone will pay for it. I sold a bunch of rifles during a past panic, the purchasers were very happy to have the opportunity to pay many times the original price. I would guess that they could now get their money back but are again happy to have what they need.

When preparation meets opportunity good things happen...some call it capitalism.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I guess I've always had enough ammo... not enough to go all Wolverines, maybe, but enough to go bang if I needed to go bang, so I didn't worry about it too much during any of these other shortages... until I decided that hey, I was low on .22LR ammo..... A box of Winchester Wildcats (ugh,I hate Winchester ammo), and a few odd other rounds had to pretty much last me for four years before I started seeing it again.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some of you guys need the six pointed star sewn on your avatars.

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Gouging is taking advantage of someone when you can. There's a bunch of people that will suck a willie for a dollar and times like these prove who they are.

You must be Bernie Sanders fan. The prices of goods and service are set by demand and availability. An item is worth only what someone will pay for it. I sold a bunch of rifles during a past panic, the purchasers were very happy to have the opportunity to pay many times the original price. I would guess that they could now get their money back but are again happy to have what they need.

When preparation meets opportunity good things happen...some call it capitalism.

mike r

Tell ya what.
I regret not buying Mak90,s and other AK,s in the late 80,s and early 90,s.

You were smart selling them chicom AK,s at todays market value.
0 importation of em for a long time too.
Russian Veprs and Saiga,s are commanding premiums also.
Even converted ones....
0 importation of those for a long time also.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Lol!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have primers and I have powder. The only issue is finding 55 grain .224's. I'm feeling a little insecure I don't have 10,000 rounds loaded up yet.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.