Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I was at work as a contractor in a large industrial plant. We had the "newest" pagers available at the time. The pager would alert you to different news blips throughout the day. I remember the pager going off saying a plane had hit the WTC. Little did we know the extent until we saw it on the break room TV. I remember going home to my small town (5-6K population) that evening and seeing the price of fuel doubled and tripled with 30-40 vehicles waiting to fill up as everyone thought gas was going extinct. Fuel was back to normal price the following day.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On my way from FT Belvoir VA to my office at HQ US Army Materiel Command (in Alexandria VA then). Got to my office as all the civilian employees were evacuating. On the 19th I started a month tour as a liaison in the Army Operations Center in the Pentagon basement. Recovery was still going on.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
USS Paul F. Foster did-964
Aux 1 office getting ready for morning muster. Watched it on the office t.v.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Was driving piles for sound barrier wall on I 87,Orange county NY,right after coffee time, super told us he heard a plane had hit one of the towers,didn t find out what was really going on until lunch in my truck,turned on radio.At 3:30 we shut down and i tried to get down there,Troopers had highway closed off right after Tappan Zee bridge.there were fire trucks screaming down highway,i didn t see the news until i got home at 6:00pm.was a bad day.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was putting a roof on a house that burned. Had the radio on and heard bits and pieces of what was going on.

There was a Bar Burger joint across the street, so the whole crew and I bunched it and walked over to watch it live on the tube.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can take you to the exact point where i was the moment I heard on the radio a plane crashed into the WTC.

I was wiring up sprinkler valves on a house my company was landscaping.

My business partner was scheduled to fly back this day from a trip he was on in West Virginia visiting his in-laws. Five minutes later cell phone rang he and his family was stuck in traffic headed to Dulles International when they heard the news. They didn't make it back for a week.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We were just arriving home from dinner at a local restaurant, in Brisbane Australia !

Watched in horror for most of the night.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Camp Doha, Kuwait.

Had just come off of 24 hours of Medevac duty in the morning. Hit the gym, was in my room chilling when it went down, twas late afternoon in Kuwait. Guy I was on duty with was banging on my door, asking if I was watching the news. We saw the second plane hit live.

I told him that the no-fly zone up on the Iraqi border would be going away soon. I just knew it was hajii's that did it.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
And still.[Linked Image from freebeacon.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
I was putting a roof on a house that burned. Had the radio on and heard bits and pieces of what was going on.

There was a Bar Burger joint across the street, so the whole crew and I bunched it and walked over to watch it live on the tube.

I was roofing a house too, negro lady renting it told one of my helpers he couldnt park his car in her driveway because it had a confederate flag plate on the bumper.

Was a peaceful few days in that hood. No mowers, no weed eaters, no little brats screaming, no apache gunships

Just super quiet

Just me whacking away on a 10/pitch,

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We were in Ft. Lauderdale, FL for company meetings. Watched the second plane live on CNN. Long drive back to Iowa the next day.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was at work in Indianapolis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Teaching a classroom of fifth-grade students.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Camp Lejeune NC.

Had secured on-base quarters, and was moving from off-base rental. Got in just before it happened and they locked down the base.

Wife and I were unpacking boxes, and had plugged in a radio. Howard Stern was frantically telling the situation. At first we though he was up to his style of jack-assery, but then we realized he was not joking.

I called in to the shop to see what was going on. My immediate senior officer (Allen West) filled me in on what he knew.

It was surreal. We knew we would be taking a little trip to the Mideast.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by steve4102

I was roofing a house too, negro lady renting it told one of my helpers he couldnt park his car in her driveway because it had a confederate flag plate on the bumper.

Was a peaceful few days in that hood. No mowers, no weed eaters, no little brats screaming, no apache gunships

Just super quiet

Just me whacking away on a 10/pitch,

I'm glad I am done with those days.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was delivering packages for UPS. I got to my first stop which was a power plant rebuilding project. They were evacuating the site. The entire middle of my package car was full with packages for the power park. I had to unload the entire package car on the side of the road to scan them all. Then I had to completely reload the car with the power park in the back and everything else forward. I couldn’t even get into the car at all for half the day. Everywhere I went the towers were on the TV with everyone watching. It was an awful day all the way around.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 09/11/20.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
On the roof of the old Honeywell plant in KCMO with no clue what was going on. I knew something was terribly wrong when plant security came up with a side arm accompanied by a very well armed FBI agent. They told us we had to leave immediatly, wasnt even allowed to take our personal tools. It was just shy of 6 weeks before they called to let me come get my tools.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I was leaving the Eastern Athletic Club in Brooklyn to get on the N train to go to work. Good thing I went to the gym that morning, as my office was just south of Central Park and the subway line I took went under the WTC.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wife was a contract dental hygienist in Bumfouck School District, Shîthole, Tennessee

The school went into lockdown.

Ninja please

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
On a golf course. Wife called me after first plane hit and before she knew what was happening. Called back after second one hit and we knew what had happened. Went home and watched for awhile and then went and got my son from school. I don't think he really understood what had happened until we went to Ground Zero the next March. No, I will NEVER forget nor forgive.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.