Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Just think of it as therapy 😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
That is the way i look at it.

I do it because i like it and when i am in my shop i don't get bothered.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
That is the way i look at it.

I do it because i like it and when i am in my shop i don't get bothered.

This ^^^
I really like my time in the basement reloading ammo. I rarely get bothered.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OP needs some cheese. LOL.

When you shot up to 20K a year of match ammo who could afford that...

Its why we ended up with over 100K rounds of LC brass eventually... and learned how to deal with reloading. Plus it kept us out of trouble doing other things LOL.

I was just thinking again, I cannot recall the last time I fired a factory round. Probably a few years back actually when I bought a used 458 win mag that came with some loaded stuff, so I had to make empty cases to be able to reload good ammo with. Beyond that... might have been in the late 70s.

Other than rimfire and dove and duck loads....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jeeper
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Agreed. I wouldn’t bend over to pick up a piece of brass for what some sell it for.

Glad for you that you have more money than sense, if it wasn't for guys like you I wouldn't have the ammo supply I do. No, it don't bother me at all to reload or pick up your brass. But god damn it quit being a cheap ass and stop buying that steel cased crap. Have a nice day. MB

It makes me smile to come home from the range with more brass than I got there with. I will even look through the trash cans sometimes.

You've been filming me.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
How come peeps don't leave the good stuff on the ground at the range? You know, .44 Mag, .38-55, .30-30, .45-70, 7x57, .250 Savage? Stuff like that. I NEVER see any of that layin' around. -sniff-

Dan, I occasionally am able to pick up a little .44 Mag, .30-30, and 7x57. But usually, the guys who are shooting that are picking up their empties themselves.

I traded off a bunch of pristine .30-30 for several nice LH handgun holsters a while back.

Now that I know you look for these, I'll send you some when I come across a good batch.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How come peeps don't leave the good stuff on the ground at the range? You know, .44 Mag, .38-55, .30-30, .45-70, 7x57, .250 Savage? Stuff like that. I NEVER see any of that layin' around. -sniff-

LOL, me neither.

OTOH, I got my first .30-06 a couple of years ago, went digging thru my misc. brass stash. Found 48 pieces of PMC I'd picked up at the range a few years back; killed a very nice buck later that year with it.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Dan, I occasionally am able to pick up a little .44 Mag, .30-30, and 7x57. But usually, the guys who are shooting that are picking up their empties themselves.

I traded off a bunch of pristine .30-30 for several nice LH handgun holsters a while back.

Now that I know you look for these, I'll send you some when I come across a good batch.

I will occasionally find and pick up 44 magnum brass. I scored big a couple months ago when a local ammo manufacture was at my range. He said he leaves his starline brass behind for members of the club to pick up. I was all over that 10mm, 357 sig, 300 blackout and yes, even some 44 magnum. It wasn't all starline brass, but was quality once fired stuff....and yes, he left a chidt load of .223 rem brass laying there too, but I didn't touch that stuff..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

LOL, me neither.

OTOH, I got my first .30-06 a couple of years ago, went digging thru my misc. brass stash. Found 48 pieces of PMC I'd picked up at the range a few years back; killed a very nice buck later that year with it.

At the range last week someone left a box of Nosler 7-08 brass. Picked that up and resized to 243. So now have 20 pieces of Nosler brass. One the best finds ever.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

LOL, me neither.

At the range last week someone left a box of Nosler 7-08 brass. Picked that up and resized to 243. So now have 20 pieces of Nosler brass. One the best finds ever.

Keep finding those acorns. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

One thing nice about living on the border with California, is I see a lot of that stuff laying around...

when I use to go down to So Cal, to visit my folks, had a friend from another site, who'd invite me out to his range, when he was going to go...not only do people not pick up their brass, the range people picked it up.. nice concrete ground instead of out of the dirt.. each time I'd go, I'd come home with several hundred rounds of 6.5 x 55, 7 x 57, 257 Roberts, and plnety of 308, that I neck down to 7/08 or 260 Rem....

those people would laugh at me for doing so... I didn't care... I'm from Oregon, they laugh at ya just for that.. so WTF.. why not..

They come up here also.. last week, I came home with 300 6.5 Creedmoor cases, just having a conversation with some guys visiting for CA.. they were out shooting some sort of bolt action Rambo looking set up... each having those $2500 Vortex scopes that power range was something like 4 to 27.... one of those Razor models..they had a 100 boxes of store bought ammo with them...

they thought I was a pretty good shot, as they started the conversation... they were shooting some of the gongs at 600 meters..
with their scopes set on 27 power... I was hitting the same gongs with mine set on 6 power...

But hey, I live here...I know already were to put the elevation knob...have had plenty of practice...

they just thought I was real good...I picked up their brass.. they thanked me for that.. as they loaded up in their Lexus 460 SUV, and left as the range was closing...

Not all Californians are bad folks...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
My research on using a cutter led me to believe this is the correct tool. 90 degree deburring tool. DB 18

https://www.amazon.com/PART-WEL98918-Weldon-DB-18-Deburring/dp/B07228QD34

https://www.dgisupply.com/product/WEL98918/

Got one off Ebay used for a song and a dance.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

So what song did you sing, and what dance did you accompany it with? smile

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,855
Posts18,478,502
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.