Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
This in generally how it starts, with convenience being removed, and then incentives not to do a thing, and finally, policy not to accept a thing, followed by laws prohibiting that thing. I'm sure the cashless agenda is a long, slow one.

As long as there are drugs ( which will be as long as the Govt. is in the drug business...i.e. forever) and inner city " African-Americans".....there will be cash.

Another excuse to go cashless. "Stop the drug trade".. Brothers will just accept EBT cards.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This in generally how it starts, with convenience being removed, and then incentives not to do a thing, and finally, policy not to accept a thing, followed by laws prohibiting that thing. I'm sure the cashless agenda is a long, slow one.

As long as there are drugs ( which will be as long as the Govt. is in the drug business...i.e. forever) and inner city " African-Americans".....there will be cash.

That's a good point. There has to be some sort of currency for the Black and Gray markets.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem shooter
without cash ,how do you make a private sale or purchase ?,ala yard sale ect..ect ..how do you buy gas if your credit card company computer is down or the gas station main CC computer in another state that processes the CC is down ,have had it happen to mewas in KY but theit main computer in TX was down due to a hurricane ,CC did not work till they got it fixed I had to pay cash .go to another gas station ? what if you in the country and it only one around,and their CC or debit card computer is down ,what then?more examples than this ect...ect..

The millenials all carry around their smartphones with their Venmo accounts on it, and they are soooo PROUD they can just pay each other -- while the app skims it's two or 3% of every transaction, or whatever it is.

Think about it. Visa gets about 3% of the vast majority of all retail transactions in this country? Who do you think pays for that? Visa? The retailer? Do you think they spend any money on, say, lobbying or advertising to defend that business?

We do a bit of retail sales at the farm. Iffy cell service, and no internet service of any kind. It's simply impossible for us to accept anything but cash. You should hear the millenials whine about having to pay with cash. Seems like every single one has the illusion that they spend less if they use a card than if they spend with cash (hint, it's the opposite, by far), and they will be robbed the moment they leave the house with more than a twenty in their pocket.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's the only way therebis to get everyone on paper and track their every move.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Coin shortage. Son took a bucket to 4 banks and none of them would take them

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Ours were no cash for a couple of months, but I noticed they went back to accepting cash in the last couple of weeks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SKane

What's 2% of 87 cents? whistle

Ginther's going rate.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I use credit where it makes sense (funnel most spending through our Southwest card) and cash when it make sense.

None of it is hard, inconvenient, challenging, nefarious, or un-american.

I haven't paid for a plane ticket in years (have 750k points in the Southwest account), and we carry some cash to use as needed.

Not a big fuggin' deal.

You all sound like a bunch of old ladies!! laugh

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Given the economy crippling effect of the reaction to COVID, makes sense to start stuffing pillows with cash. Maybe I've got a tin hat on but I remember back in 2008 we had a bit of a recession and one of the banks I was with collapsed - fortunately I was warned and shifted all my money out beforehand. (That bank was subsequently bought out by a larger bank and the accounts remained funded.) At that time the Aussie government offered protection of personal banking assets but only up to a limit ($100k I think it was). Given the number of people losing their jobs now and unable to pay their home loans, and in some cases even drawing out early on their superannuation funds (401k?) I wonder how the banks are going to stand up? And the government may not be able to have a bail out scheme this time round.

I don't think cash is going to go away for a while yet.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 09/13/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hatari

Another excuse to go cashless. "Stop the drug trade".. Brothers will just accept EBT cards.

I'm not sure about that...but the cartels have caught on to transferring funds via Bitcoin...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911
I use credit where it makes sense (funnel most spending through our Southwest card) and cash when it make sense.

None of it is hard, inconvenient, challenging, nefarious, or un-american.

I haven't paid for a plane ticket in years (have 750k points in the Southwest account), and we carry some cash to use as needed.

Not a big fuggin' deal.

You all sound like a bunch of old ladies!! laugh

Duck of Death,

I have NO doubt that you don’t get it.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cash provides privacy, anonymity and security (power outages, storms, etc). It would be a big mistake to quietly allow cash to be abolished.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kennyd
Coin shortage. Son took a bucket to 4 banks and none of them would take them

Were they rolled?

Originally Posted by DBT
Cash provides privacy, anonymity and security (power outages, storms, etc). It would be a big mistake to quietly allow cash to be abolished.

x2! ........ We have enough gov't control over our lives already.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Agony is getting stuck behind an 80 year old woman that can't figure out how to use her debit card.

What drive me bonkers in the check out line and the toll road / bridge is the women are always suprised that the clerk or to toll taker is expecting to be paid

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by EdM
There's a coin shortage don't you know...

i am concerned that my taxes will continue to rise as the gov't continues to attempt to gain control of the out of control society.

are we on the right tract, but far away from the solution or are we on the wrong tract totally?

personnally i just don't think that core-lokt ammo can be exceeded for the price.

I agree Gus. No way the price of a dozen eggs justifies the wear and tear on a hen’s ass.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I dont see cash 100% being gone as it has its place but we are effectively cashless already.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by arkypete
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Agony is getting stuck behind an 80 year old woman that can't figure out how to use her debit card.

What drive me bonkers in the check out line and the toll road / bridge is the women are always suprised that the clerk or to toll taker is expecting to be paid

Some people, any age, wait till the groceries are packed and it's time to pay before they begin to rummage through their purses or wallets for the right card.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by EdM
There's a coin shortage don't you know...

i am concerned that my taxes will continue to rise as the gov't continues to attempt to gain control of the out of control society.

are we on the right tract, but far away from the solution or are we on the wrong tract totally?

personnally i just don't think that core-lokt ammo can be exceeded for the price.

I agree Gus. No way the price of a dozen eggs justifies the wear and tear on a hen’s ass.

lol. the challenge is what is just the right amount of plastic compared to paper in a post-modern era economy?

electric trucks are fixin' to come on the scene. the story is changing for sure.

back in high school, metal slugs would work in the coke machine.

of course the principal was disappointed in that.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cards only: leaves an identifiable trail. Would hurt the drug dealers and other criminals. Would take away a huge incentive to rob stores/banks/people, etc...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Moses
Cards only: leaves an identifiable trail. Would hurt the drug dealers and other criminals. Would take away a huge incentive to rob stores/banks/people, etc...

And if we do away with cars, nobody will die in car crashes....

Utopia beckons!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,633
Posts18,474,383
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.