Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
perhaps I should have said good cops can make bad judgements and bad cops can make even worse ones. don't paint all cops with the same brush. all cops are not the problem, some are. would we be better off if bad ones weren't protected? sure. same with all professions.

Certainly, every cop who wears a badge an a uniform isn't a POS. I keep on wondering why none of the good cops and only a minority of self-labelled conservatives continually hold ALL cops to such a low standard. Wouldn't their protections under the law dictate that all cops should be held to a higher standard?

Not all cops are bad, not even close. However, I takes only ONE time to change your attitude towards cops. My attitude was changed by a bad cop, and I promise you, I will not EVER trust ANY copper, ever again. I will treat them with respect, obey lawful commands, and answer lawful questions. But I will never, ever, EVER trust a cop, give him/her the benefit of the doubt, or think they have my best interest in mind. If the good ones don't weed out the bad ones, how "good" are they, really? If they don't cross the thin blue line, it's not very reasonable to expect me to cross it the other direction, is it?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dutch
perhaps I should have said good cops can make bad judgements and bad cops can make even worse ones. don't paint all cops with the same brush. all cops are not the problem, some are. would we be better off if bad ones weren't protected? sure. same with all professions.

Certainly, every cop who wears a badge an a uniform isn't a POS. I keep on wondering why none of the good cops and only a minority of self-labelled conservatives continually hold ALL cops to such a low standard. Wouldn't their protections under the law dictate that all cops should be held to a higher standard?

Not all cops are bad, not even close. However, I takes only ONE time to change your attitude towards cops. My attitude was changed by a bad cop, and I promise you, I will not EVER trust ANY copper, ever again. I will treat them with respect, obey lawful commands, and answer lawful questions. But I will never, ever, EVER trust a cop, give him/her the benefit of the doubt, or think they have my best interest in mind. If the good ones don't weed out the bad ones, how "good" are they, really? If they don't cross the thin blue line, it's not very reasonable to expect me to cross it the other direction, is it?

This is pretty much how I see it. I've had lots of interactions with cops in their professional capacity and fewer, but still many, with cops outside their professional capacity. Maybe I have been just unlucky, or something to that effect, but the cops I've met that I thought were "good" were about 20%, and in my younger days, say through age 30, I only met two out of a couple dozen that I would call good. I realized cops don't care about facts, or justice. It's a job. I still try to give each the benefit of the doubt individually if and when I interact with them. I will say that they don't seem to want to engage in any PR, and in general look at non-cops as suspects as a matter of course.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by Ringman
Recently I saw videos of cops arresting good guys for taking down bag guys. They are not endearing themselves to the general population.

What's so sad for me is I am old and remember when everyone help police in high esteem.

when I lived in Bklyn NY the beat cop treated us kids like he was our uncle. we would run to the store to get him a sandwich and he would give us enough to buy a ball to play with. they were tough guys but very fair. they were not robots and never bothered with trivial stuff. if he saw two kids fighting he would boot them in the azz tell them to go home.
My father was a cop then detective in NYC never fired his gun. he and his partners were proud of it. he arrested mass murderers satanists doing human sacrifice bank robbers rapists etc. He was WWII vet as most of them at that time. a different breed of men

I was born in Staten Island, my whole family was on a job including myself, short stent. You’re right cops were different Then,A boot in the ass and on your way home or throw the kid in the back of the car and take them home and his father we give him a boot in the ass. But that was in a good neighborhood, My brother was a detective also.he was in the 77 precinct Brooklyn he was involved in 8 shoot outs 6 on the books :)four hits three DOA That was in the 80s,90s, He held The record in New York when he was in the gun squad, 125 guns in one year most people don’t realize how many guns were on the street. Your dad is very lucky never having to fire his weapon, my father and his two brothers also World War II veterans never had to discharge there firearms also, But they were different times for themP.m. me your dad’s name I’ll see if my brother knew him.

my father retired in 73. worked in manhattan in the garment district as a detective started in the 61 precinct in Bklyn then the bomb squad before he retired. he worked in harlem during the riots. I think your brother would be to young to know him. when they built the Verrazano bridge the whites fled there like a jail break. so the Italian area where I was gravesend in Bensonhurst emptied out so we moved 40 miles out of the city. remember when my father was working the black panthers were running wild calling the cops faking a domestic thing while they were walking up the stairs they would ambush them. way more cops shot then then now. my father and his partner would go up the freight elevator and come down on them. some got thrown out widows others down flights of stairs

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 09/13/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What is missing in today's world is "Justice" and that justice is supposed to be for all men, but that is simply not what our law enforcement people are doing, the D.A.'s won't charge the rioters, Police chiefs tell the cops to stand down, so the cops don't arrest them and everyone goes home to do it all over a gain the next day !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jimy
What is missing in today's world is "Justice" and that justice is supposed to be for all men, but that is simply not what our law enforcement people are doing, the D.A.'s won't charge the rioters, Police chiefs tell the cops to stand down, so the cops don't arrest them and everyone goes home to do it all over a gain the next day !

most DA's dont charge cops either

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I love threads like these.....tell us again how the meanie copper did you wrong lol.

......well this one time in 19 and 64....lol

Strange things is, most folks don't have dealings with the law very frequently.......weird.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/13/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

This is pretty much how I see it. I've had lots of interactions with cops in their professional capacity and fewer, but still many, with cops outside their professional capacity. Maybe I have been just unlucky, or something to that effect, but the cops I've met that I thought were "good" were about 20%, and in my younger days, say through age 30, I only met two out of a couple dozen that I would call good. I realized cops don't care about facts, or justice. It's a job. I still try to give each the benefit of the doubt individually if and when I interact with them. I will say that they don't seem to want to engage in any PR, and in general look at non-cops as suspects as a matter of course.

Two out of a couple dozen huh lol. You guys crack me up. Fuggin Idiots

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I love threads like these.....tell us again how the meanie copper did you wrong lol.

Strange things is, most folks don't have dealings with the law very frequently.......weird.

thank god

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

how long you working for a police union? the guy is totally right and you know it that is why you had to insult people like a juvenile

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 09/13/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

thank god

Tell us again how the mean ol' copper wronged you....

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by Ringman
Recently I saw videos of cops arresting good guys for taking down bag guys. They are not endearing themselves to the general population.

What's so sad for me is I am old and remember when everyone help police in high esteem.

when I lived in Bklyn NY the beat cop treated us kids like he was our uncle. we would run to the store to get him a sandwich and he would give us enough to buy a ball to play with. they were tough guys but very fair. they were not robots and never bothered with trivial stuff. if he saw two kids fighting he would boot them in the azz tell them to go home.
My father was a cop then detective in NYC never fired his gun. he and his partners were proud of it. he arrested mass murderers satanists doing human sacrifice bank robbers rapists etc. He was WWII vet as most of them at that time. a different breed of men

I was born in Staten Island, my whole family was on a job including myself, short stent. You’re right cops were different Then,A boot in the ass and on your way home or throw the kid in the back of the car and take them home and his father we give him a boot in the ass. But that was in a good neighborhood, My brother was a detective also.he was in the 77 precinct Brooklyn he was involved in 8 shoot outs 6 on the books :)four hits three DOA That was in the 80s,90s, He held The record in New York when he was in the gun squad, 125 guns in one year most people don’t realize how many guns were on the street. Your dad is very lucky never having to fire his weapon, my father and his two brothers also World War II veterans never had to discharge there firearms also, But they were different times for themP.m. me your dad’s name I’ll see if my brother knew him.

my father retired in 73. worked in manhattan in the garment district as a detective started in the 61 precinct in Bklyn then the bomb squad before he retired. he worked in harlem during the riots. I think your brother would be to young to know him. when they built the Verrazano bridge the whites fled there like a jail break. so the Italian area where I was gravesend in Bensonhurst emptied out so we moved 40 miles out of the city. remember when my father was working the black panthers were running wild calling the cops faking a domestic thing while they were walking up the stairs they would ambush them. way more cops shot then then now. my father and his partner would go up the freight elevator and come down on them. some got thrown out widows others down flights of stairs

My dad and his brothers were from your fathers Time,My uncle Vinny was a detective my uncle Jerry was ESU when they first started and my father was a sergeant different breed of cops back then my father was in Harlem during the riots he said you wouldn’t believe how many of them they shot.I’m sure your dad told you some good stories mine did :-) Black panthers Were bad news back then. Verrazano bridge killed Staten Island, Bensonhurst Was a great place to live Great food great people, it’s amazing how much New York has changed.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

how long you working for a police union? the guy is totally right and you know it that is why you had to insult people like a juvenile

Yea, I'm the juvenile lol. You've done nothing but bitch about police officers since you joined here.

Please tell us what happened. Did they not cut your sorry ass a break on your speeding ticket, or did they not let you off on that DUI you had coming? We really want to know.

Another one to ignore, your posts are worthless.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

thank god

tell us how popular your wife is in the cops locker room

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

thank god

So you got nothing? They just taught you to hate coppers at the local nambla chapter meetings?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

thank god

So you got nothing? They just taught you to hate coppers at the local nambla chapter meetings?

life has taught me to avoid cops and not be dumb enough to think they are on your side. they take orders from white hating communists. I wish BLM and the cops would eliminate each other. that would be heaven. both are tax parasite gangs that want to be above the law- kill who they want- be worshipped by the public and forcibly rule over people. nambla loves cops cause if a few guys went to their meeting and beat the hell out of them cops would hunt them down. all law enforcement allowed epstein to run a pedophile mossad blackmail ring for 30 years from the FBI down to NYC cops

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I got a speeding ticket when I was 17 So I think cops murdered poor angelic George Floyd and they are all dirty too. If someone breaks into my house I know karate damn well and have a savage 99 so don't need no stinking dirty cops.

Phug all you cop groupies.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
So you're just a couch riding curmudgeon with zero understanding of the nonsense you speak?

Very cool stuff...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Everyone would be a lot better off if they could just admit mistakes. The chief should have simply said something like, “Yeah, in hindsight, we probably shouldn’t have arrested him, but things were confusing and sometimes we make mistakes. We’re sorry, and we’ll try to train better and do better next time.” Instead he doubled down and looked like a dumbass.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yea, I'm the juvenile lol. You've done nothing but bitch about police officers since you joined here.

Please tell us what happened. Did they not cut your sorry ass a break on your speeding ticket, or did they not let you off on that DUI you had coming? We really want to know.

Another one to ignore, your posts are worthless.

It's good to know whose side you're on. You'll side with the cops every time. I'll remember that if it ever becomes relevant.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I wish Lebron James would chime here

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 3,269 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,607
Posts18,473,729
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.