Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Borchardt
So, what caused the Medieval Warming? England was producing wine grapes in 900AD. Try that now.

Wine production in England is increasing pretty quickly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_from_the_United_Kingdom

Sic Semper Tyrannis

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Along the Northern border of the USA from MN to NW Washington as well as interior AK, we make jokes about "Give me a little Global Warming" when we get into the "perpetual below zero" phase of winter.

We also get the occasional 40-50 degree day in the cold part of the year and again as a joke, we thank "Global Warming".

Of course both are anomalies. My question is: When does "Weather" become "Climate"?

How many years before "Weather" becomes "Climate"?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The EPA is yet another example of the self licking ice cream cone government bureaucracy that keeps having to reinvent itself with more and more regulations to justify its existence. They did some good work at the onset, but have grown into an oppressive, wasteful and punitive operation that needs SEVERE curtailing .

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The EPA is yet another example of the self licking ice cream cone government bureaucracy that keeps having to reinvent itself with more and more regulations to justify its existence. They did some good work at the onset, but have grown into an oppressive, wasteful and punitive operation that needs SEVERE curtailing .

+1

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
So, what caused the Medieval Warming? England was producing wine grapes in 900AD. Try that now.

Also was reported during the Viking Era. Romans brought grapes to England with Hadrian.

What then, is normal climate? Warm enough to grow grapes in England, or cool enough NOT to grow grapes in England? Next, How did the Romans and Vikings warm the Earth enough change the climate to grow grapes there? What happened?

You (Y'all) get what I'm saying. Is growing grapes something new or a return to historical norm?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They are saying that soon (within a few years) there will be more electric cars sold than gas and that, in combination with self-driving cars, will make gas powered mass transit obsolete. It is on its way out except for small niches (air travel, heavy equipment, lubricants, etc.). When that happens, oil will fall dramatically. By rights, it should completely take the wind out of the sails of AGW, but I'll wager they'll try to find another way to ration energy.

SO...........what will they be fueling the power plants with? The green idiots hate hydro worse than oil.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by steve4102
, and that should mitigate man made climate change forever more.

Can't Mitigate something that never existed.

Climate change is real and it has always exited. To say that its man made or man's fault is where the bovine excrement comes in. If it were man's fault then I guess the Neanderthals were responsible for one of the ice ages. Even some of the past ages were quite hot. Even the Jurassic period was warmer than today. In between, how many ice ages?. Guess one was the fault of dinosaur farts or some such. Climate changes and it always will. To put the blame on man is the epitome of assissinity.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Dutch

Also was reported during the Viking Era. Romans brought grapes to England with Hadrian.

What then, is normal climate? Warm enough to grow grapes in England, or cool enough NOT to grow grapes in England? Next, How did the Romans and Vikings warm the Earth enough change the climate to grow grapes there? What happened?

You (Y'all) get what I'm saying. Is growing grapes something new or a return to historical norm?

Or does it matter?

the globe has warmed for a few decades, has happened several times already in recorded human history. Wether man made or not, it IS.

Nobody is going to stop the Chinese or Indians, or Africans or Indonesians from buying and burning the available oil. That just IS what it is. Doesn’t matter how many Prius’ are sold in San Francisco.

Likewise, NOBODY is going to change solar cycles, and there will be glacial ice in Arkansas soon enough.

So, enjoy the times we can have wine from Britain, because this, too, shall pass.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They'll just say BP is lying....it is a religion after all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When engaging the huge, sweeping issues that unfold across decades and centuries, most of mankind can only manage a view very limited in scope and understanding - this being only natural for we mere mortals. The weakest and most fragile of these folks work themselves into the crisis mode and wring hands about impending doom, and some of the nastiest of mankind try to take advantage of such weakness. Nothing there new to mankind.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.